[ROM][OFFICIAL] LG v20c/v20g (Gingerbread 2.3.3) + CWM + Flash Tool (+ howto root)

Search This thread

zxhian

Dec 1, 2010
A2sd feature from this rom worked for me. though cannot vouch if u try this:
Need to have another partition on ur.sdcard as ext2.
- had a previous ext partition from cwm
- mounted sdcard via android and turn on mass storage
- created/resized ext2 partition via windows.i used easeus and already had1.2 gig alloted aside from the 200 mb that this rom created on install

-used dark tremor a2sd gui from market
-able to use all the features except.the swap 4got.to set another partition. Moved dalvik to ext2 now has 170mb on internal memory.lovin it!

If u get the concept can.play.around.with.it.
2n08q3b.png
2qk1mpl.png

Really.nice.rom with.decent.battery.use.thank you.for your.hardwork
This rom is working flawlessly on Philippines lg p500

Cheers!

Sent from my LG-P500 using XDA Premium App

Last edited:

koggaccio

Sep 29, 2008
Milan
flashed v20g using "the russian way"... but now I've no more the recovery!
If I boot with volumedown-home-poweroff my phone is initialized everytime (image with the box-arrow-android for 10 seconds then autoreboot! no recovery menu!)
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
do u know why?!?!

D

doktornotor

Well, you clearly did not follow the instructions and flashed a wrong FW. Otherwise you would have CWM 3.1.0.0 installed. Fail, try again. :p

naturist

Dec 7, 2010
The problem is even on aeroplane mode battery drain is too high. What might be the problem?
It's about 7% per hour even on aeroplane mode.

How much should be the drain in aeroplane mode?

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk

What kernel are you using? I havent checked the aeroplane mode, but my battery goes like 1-3% in an hour with 2g sync on.

metalboy94

May 12, 2011
Bucharest
Well, I had a problem of my own. Mine used up about 30% battery during the night (so, while being idle). No weird apps running, although I noticed Dialer and Mediaserver in Battery use, and before going to bed they weren't there. I think it's because of SavagedZen, I switched to smartass now.

socialdistortion

Dec 9, 2010
Well, I had a problem of my own. Mine used up about 30% battery during the night (so, while being idle). No weird apps running, although I noticed Dialer and Mediaserver in Battery use, and before going to bed they weren't there. I think it's because of SavagedZen, I switched to smartass now.

I have tried most governors and found that ondemand has the lowest batt drain. But currently, mobile data drains more battery than wifi :eek:

(P.S. I am on my custom v20g 2.3.3 ROM with franco kernal ;))

Last edited:

socialdistortion

Dec 9, 2010
Ondemand? You have to be kidding :eek:
But anyway, how about idle? How good is ondemand in idle? :rolleyes:

Yup. I tried smartass and interactive but the batt drain seemed huge. On demand in okayish.

Do you guys have black screen bug with the current kernal? Lock, unlock the phone a couple of times and then try to unlock the device. The device does not wake up. You need to tap the screen for the device to wake up.

metalboy94

May 12, 2011
Bucharest
Yup. I tried smartass and interactive but the batt drain seemed huge. On demand in okayish.

Do you guys have black screen bug with the current kernal? Lock, unlock the phone a couple of times and then try to unlock the device. The device does not wake up. You need to tap the screen for the device to wake up.

Nope, no such bug. Mine works just fine.
How about conservative? Crappy performance, but good battery life.

socialdistortion

Dec 9, 2010
Nope, no such bug. Mine works just fine.
How about conservative? Crappy performance, but good battery life.

Hmmm.. I must have changed something in my ROM then. Let me have a look.

Franco is set to release a new kernal soon. Hopefully that'll address some of the battery drain issue. Conservative is a no go... SmartAss FTW (or err SmoothAss :p )

GForceZA

Mar 1, 2010
Johannesburg
Timeout? What now :/

Hi Guys

I followed everything note by note...

LGMDP timed out - what now please...phones ain't cheap in South Africa :/

EDIT: Restored from Nandroid, the tried to restore from NV in LGMDP....no dice - I have no IMEI or radio now. And I\m getting boot loops :(

Solutions please?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There is no point in argueing with you

Yes, it works perfectly. Hence (since it obviously is a PEBKAC problem, mostly resulting from not reading the info on A2SD in relevant threads) - as said on the original post - questions of this type go to general section, not here. I do not want this kind of noise on my thread.

My problem was plain an simple and it required a plain and simple answer like mansirawat did to whom I'm thankfull , as for you and YOUR THREAD there is more noise and offtopics and noob questions than my simple question who by far does not belong to a general section because the problem I'm facing is related to this rom only.
    You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions so I guess it's a draw :p
    ROFL I'm so sorry god hates me XD

I flashed and reflashed and flash again, 2.2 KDZ, 2.3.3 20a, 2.3.3 20g, I even flashed KDZ version of 20g. When you recommand emergency mode, you mean start flashing from emergency mode? I did this too :(

I flashed about 10 times 20a and 20g, but it was 4h in the morning, so I slept 3hours before going to work, and believe me, my job does nothing to make me think about other things, I'm an Android developper XD. It makes me crazy :eek:

What and how was your first flash of gb? Try these two things.

A. Tutorial given by snegovik.

Manual on English:
    1. Download Android 2.3 [LG-P500.RU].zip, LGMDP THUNDER P500.rar and uncompress it in any folder.
    2. Install msxml.msi
    3. Install LG United Mobile Driver
    4. Reboot Computer
    5. Disable 'LGE Virtual Modem' in PC's Device Manager. (In your Windows operating system, go to Control Panel > System > Hardware > Device Manager > Modems > Right click on LGE Virtual Modem and click Disable.)
    6. Power off your device. Press and keep pressed "Volume up"+"Return"+"Power" and connect USB cable to phone
    7. Yellow screen with text emergency mode should appeared
    8. Run LGMDP THUNDER v1.5 (Operator).exe from the extracted folder (Has administrator).
    9. Press "Select Port"
    10. Choose your device and press "Connect"
    11. In the 'Image Folder' space, browse you uncompressed Android 2.3 [LG-P500.RU].zip
    12. Chose Additional Options as Erase EFS Apps.
    13. Press the 'Start' button.

The firmware flashing process is now underway.
    If all goes well, in 5-10 minutes the phone will be flashed with the new firmware]

B. Flash radio files given in original 20a thread via lgmdp.

If this does not help, ask for somebody else's nv2 backup.

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk
    Russian Way

Can you post the steps for the Russian way? Also will this mess up you baseband so that we cannot go back to another firmware?

In Russia you dont flash phone, phone flashes you.
    why do you need permission from him????

Coz same ROM thats Why.

Just want to know what type of features Will I add......I want to make it as simple as possible.

so that we can customize it as we desire

I am doing it from the scratch. I though to try create My first custom ROM.
    Maybe read the first post (again)? :rolleyes:

sometimes when i was reading doktornotor's posts i was like: "wtf is his prob?" and then slowly but surely...yes i completely feel ya lol:p