Cyanogenmod 11 Galaxy Player 4.0

Search This thread
Mar 15, 2014
Hi so I am a complete newbie I just joined today.

I am trying to get Cyanogenmod 11 for my Galaxy Player 4.0. I have never rooted or done any of this stuff.

I would like a step by step guide on how to flash, sorry if I am asking for too much I don't want to brick my player.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2537248

I downloaded the ZIP file but I don't know how to use it, I'm sorry I am a total newbie.

zaclimon

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Aug 14, 2011
Montréal
First you have to install terrasilent as you need CWM in order to flash CM for it. Here's it's link:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1643384

If you need a guide on how to flash, you can follow up this thread.

After you had succesfully flashed terrasilent, you need to put the zip file you downloaded into your device.

Then you need to turn off your device and pressing Power, Vol+ and Home. You will then go into CWM. When you're in CWM, you can follow up the actual CM11 instructions and you'll get safely in CM.

Reactions: computernewbie
Mar 15, 2014
Thank you so much for replying! I have a question, you wrote in your guide that I should make backups? And my efs should be intact? Please explain sorry.

SO EXCITED THOUGH

Mar 15, 2014
Sorry for the double post! But I have TerraSilent! This is all so new and exciting to me! :fingers-crossed:

Was I just suppose to flash 1.3.5 or all of them? Sorry for being a noob..

I don't really have any important files, except pictures, and silly games, but what should I backup? And I how do I make the efs intact.

thnakyou thank you thank you

zaclimon

Aug 14, 2011
Montréal
Sorry for the double post! But I have TerraSilent! This is all so new and exciting to me! :fingers-crossed:

I don't really have any important files, except pictures, and silly games, but what should I backup? And I how do I make the efs intact.

All your files except your games should be intact. If you want to backup them, use titanium backup to do so.

As for efs, it is something really important and you need to backup it. To do so, when you have terrasilent, (1.3.5) you need to do the command found on the cm11 thread while in superuser mode and using adb.

Here's the FAQ if you have some more questions related to root:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2175920

Envoyé de mon Nexus 7 en utilisant Tapatalk

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2014
woah sorry quick question what is ADB?

I'm NOT rooted, SO SORRY, my player is clean, the only thing it has on it is TerraSilent.

Could you also give a quick tutorial on rooting

How and where would I enter this command?
dd if=/dev/block/stl3 of=/sdcard/efs.rfs

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2014
I roooted it soooooooo happppy! I'm sorry for the bother, but you have been a great help!

Just gotta do the ADP, and back up the efs and then is CYANOGENMOD 11!!! AHHHHH So excited and nervous

zaclimon

Aug 14, 2011
Montréal
I roooted it soooooooo happppy! I'm sorry for the bother, but you have been a great help!

Just gotta do the ADP, and back up the efs and then is CYANOGENMOD 11!!! AHHHHH So excited and nervous

Hmm I think it'll be too long to download + set up ADB for the moment so I have another alternative.

First download this app:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jackpal.androidterm&hl=fr

After having downloaded it, go into the app. Type su and grant the super user permissions requested.

Then do the command to back your efs which is:

It should backup your efs and you're good to go for CM11.

Mar 15, 2014
One last final question please, my device is rooted, it is on usb debugging mode, I have ADB installed, where do I plug in the code
Code:

zaclimon

Aug 14, 2011
Montréal
One last final question please, my device is rooted, it is on usb debugging mode, I have ADB installed, where do I plug in the code
Code:

It says 'dd' is not recognized as an internal or external command.

You need to do an adb shell. Can you just confirm if your device is detected by doing "adb devices"

If it's recognized then you can do

adb shell
su

Mar 15, 2014
Is it ready to get CM :D? I am shaking with joy. Let this discussion be a lesson to ALL with Galaxy Player 4.0s.

Merci beaucoup!

Mar 15, 2014
How do I check the efs,rfs? Is it a folder on the sd card, I don't see it :(

It does say 6553600 bytes at the end, which is right hopefully, but I dont see it any folders

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2014
It's just staying at installing update with a grey bar, I'm worried. I don't know how if i should force reboot or wait?? Like instructions say

Gapps was aborted and I don't know why.

And it keeps cycling back into the Clockworkmod Im scared please help

Last edited:

zaclimon

Aug 14, 2011
Montréal

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Gapps was aborted and I don't know why.

And it keeps cycling back into the Clockworkmod Im scared please help

First you need to install the gapps after installing CM. When that is done, you need to wipe your data (wipe data/factory reset) then you should be good.
    First you have to install terrasilent as you need CWM in order to flash CM for it. Here's it's link:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1643384

If you need a guide on how to flash, you can follow up this thread.

After you had succesfully flashed terrasilent, you need to put the zip file you downloaded into your device.

Then you need to turn off your device and pressing Power, Vol+ and Home. You will then go into CWM. When you're in CWM, you can follow up the actual CM11 instructions and you'll get safely in CM.

All your files except your games should be intact. If you want to backup them, use titanium backup to do so.

As for efs, it is something really important and you need to backup it. To do so, when you have terrasilent, (1.3.5) you need to do the command found on the cm11 thread while in superuser mode and using adb.

Here's the FAQ if you have some more questions related to root:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2175920

Hmm I think it'll be too long to download + set up ADB for the moment so I have another alternative.

First download this app:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jackpal.androidterm&hl=fr

After having downloaded it, go into the app. Type su and grant the super user permissions requested.

Then do the command to back your efs which is:

It should backup your efs and you're good to go for CM11.
    small problem a few silly pictures of me and my family are gone, is there any way I can get them back? It was on the internal sdcard and I thought they wouldn't be removed

It is supposed to not be removed. It depends also if you've taken another camera app to take those pictures.

Have you used an app like camera zoom fx?