[GUIDE] HOW TO ENABLE “APP OPS” and “DOWNLOAD BOOSTER” on TW KK 4.4.2

Search This thread
Hi guys, this is a very easy guide on how to enable the hidden setting option called “App Ops”, which is included since Jelly Bean. It’s also possible to enable the S5 “download booster” mode.

NOTE:
To enable "download booster" and make it work, I want to make perfectly clear that this is only
an option that I found out on how to let it in settings. If it doesn't work on our device (it seems to me it doesn't),
use only the "APP OPS" option, which works very well.
If any member can make clear about how download booster works, it'd be great to create a PORT (new thread) in order
to enjoy an excellent tool like this one.

How to make

1 - Take SecSettings.apk located in \system\priv-app and decompile it (before decompiling it you must install the dependencies framework-res.apk and twframework-res.apk)

2 - Go into res\xml\management_headers.xml

3 - Search for:
PHP:
<header android:icon="@drawable/ic_setting_launch_apps" android:id="@id/launch_application_settings" android:title="@string/launch_application_settings" android:fragment="com.android.settings.LaunchApplication" />

4 - And add those lines right below the lines mentioned above.:

ENABLE APP OPS
PHP:
<header android:icon="@drawable/ic_settings_applicationpermissions" android:title="@string/app_ops_settings" android:fragment="com.android.settings.applications.AppOpsSummary" />

ENABLE DOWNLOAD BOOSTER
PHP:
<header android:icon="@drawable/ic_settings_smart_bonding" android:title="@string/smart_bonding" android:fragment="com.android.settings.smartbonding.SmartBondingSettings" />

5 - If you desire to change the icons, you’ll have to add your own icons with the same name to the folder: res\drawable-sw360dp-xxhdpi (ic_settings_applicationpermissions.png and ic_settings_smart_bonding.png)

6 – Compile it. :fingers-crossed:

7 - Enjoy it.
guide_xda_app-ops.jpg

(In order to help, I made a zip file to be flashed in custom recovery mode, you only have to add the compiled apk into the folder: \system\priv-app\)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this is useful to you, don’t forget mentioning it, I will be grateful for that. =)
Check also a tool of mine published here on XDA: 9Compiler for thematizers.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Attached: FlashAppOps.zip and icons used on this guide.

Attachments

• FlashAppOps.zip
    244.9 KB · Views: 3,520
  • ic_settings_applicationpermissions.png
    ic_settings_applicationpermissions.png
    65.8 KB · Views: 17,709
  • ic_settings_smart_bonding.png
    ic_settings_smart_bonding.png
    56.4 KB · Views: 17,669
Last edited:

Chaos ^_^

Jan 23, 2013
Flashable Zip

here is a flashable zip for the MODs above but it need testing, i know it works on my ROM but not sure about others.

Last edited:
Reactions: bluecyber81

moizhaque

Jan 4, 2012
9500 odex

Please make it for 9500 odex 4.4.2 or guide me how to use in it ? will be very thankful :fingers-crossed:

colang

Sep 4, 2011
Error on install on the flashable zip ...odex i9505 Kit Kat

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Chaos ^_^

Jan 23, 2013
It's not installing give installation aborted error 6 please fix it

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

try again now

---------- Post added at 11:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 AM ----------

Error on install on the flashable zip ...odex i9505 Kit Kat

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

i don't think it will work in odex ROM but you can download again and try it
please let us know if it works or not

zara86

Nov 26, 2011
try again now

---------- Post added at 11:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 AM ----------

i don't think it will work in odex ROM but you can download again and try it
please let us know if it works or not

Where is the link? I'm on deodexed

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

pas2001

May 26, 2013
Bangkok
I follow your guide and it work on my setting I use 9500 with omega20 thank op.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

oracle01642

Nov 10, 2012
XDA
Nice work! Is there anything else you can enable? Such as the statusbar/quicksettings without doing the build prop hack?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys, this is a very easy guide on how to enable the hidden setting option called “App Ops”, which is included since Jelly Bean. It’s also possible to enable the S5 “download booster” mode.

NOTE:
    To enable "download booster" and make it work, I want to make perfectly clear that this is only
    an option that I found out on how to let it in settings. If it doesn't work on our device (it seems to me it doesn't),
    use only the "APP OPS" option, which works very well.
    If any member can make clear about how download booster works, it'd be great to create a PORT (new thread) in order
    to enjoy an excellent tool like this one.

How to make

1 - Take SecSettings.apk located in \system\priv-app and decompile it (before decompiling it you must install the dependencies framework-res.apk and twframework-res.apk)

2 - Go into res\xml\management_headers.xml

3 - Search for:
    PHP:
    <header android:icon="@drawable/ic_setting_launch_apps" android:id="@id/launch_application_settings" android:title="@string/launch_application_settings" android:fragment="com.android.settings.LaunchApplication" />

4 - And add those lines right below the lines mentioned above.:

ENABLE APP OPS
    PHP:
    <header android:icon="@drawable/ic_settings_applicationpermissions" android:title="@string/app_ops_settings" android:fragment="com.android.settings.applications.AppOpsSummary" />

ENABLE DOWNLOAD BOOSTER
    PHP:
    <header android:icon="@drawable/ic_settings_smart_bonding" android:title="@string/smart_bonding" android:fragment="com.android.settings.smartbonding.SmartBondingSettings" />

5 - If you desire to change the icons, you’ll have to add your own icons with the same name to the folder: res\drawable-sw360dp-xxhdpi (ic_settings_applicationpermissions.png and ic_settings_smart_bonding.png)

6 – Compile it. :fingers-crossed:

7 - Enjoy it.
    guide_xda_app-ops.jpg

(In order to help, I made a zip file to be flashed in custom recovery mode, you only have to add the compiled apk into the folder: \system\priv-app\)

If this is useful to you, don’t forget mentioning it, I will be grateful for that. =)
    Check also a tool of mine published here on XDA: 9Compiler for thematizers.

Attached: FlashAppOps.zip and icons used on this guide.

Permission Manager.
    It lets you selectively disable some permissions for your apps!
    thnx for this great tutorial, can you add more screenshots inside each setting?
    Permission Manager.
    It lets you selectively disable some permissions for your apps!

Oh ok, like xprivacy but something built by smasung. Nice did not know that. But how do you know if it worked lol
    Flashable Zip

here is a flashable zip for the MODs above but it need testing, i know it works on my ROM but not sure about others.