FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Kernel]Atrix-GB/CM7/9[2.6.32.59/56/59](026/024/026)OC~1.45GHz/UV/SLQB/ZRAM[Jun-17]

8,535 posts
Thanks Meter: 34,722
 
Post Reply Email Thread
27th August 2011, 09:03 AM |#1241  
Daniel_GB's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Noshahr,IR
Thanks Meter: 135
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xblike

also no reboot on my atrix.......

0.1.8 kernel on my AT&T Atrix:

1.3GHz = stuck on moto boot logo
1.2GHz = Stable

could it be hardware limitations?
 
 
27th August 2011, 09:22 AM |#1242  
thebeardedchild's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 55
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel_GB

0.1.8 kernel on my AT&T Atrix:

1.3GHz = stuck on moto boot logo
1.2GHz = Stable

could it be hardware limitations?

What tegrapart do you have?
27th August 2011, 09:55 AM |#1243  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 17
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel_GB

0.1.8 kernel on my AT&T Atrix:

1.3GHz = stuck on moto boot logo
1.2GHz = Stable

could it be hardware limitations?

same here. using d00
27th August 2011, 10:06 AM |#1244  
nexxusty's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Georgetown, Ontario
Thanks Meter: 64
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by youliang

same here. using d00

1.3 ghz working fine here with d00.

Working on undervolting now. -50mv seems fine so far...

1.2ghz might be your ceiling.
27th August 2011, 10:15 AM |#1245  
Senior Member
Flag Ipoh
Thanks Meter: 41
 
More
Hmm, anyone trying installing apk files? I'm unable to install any files now. Just get the message "Application not installed".
27th August 2011, 10:26 AM |#1246  
Senior Member
Flag Trinidad
Thanks Meter: 29
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nexxusty

1.3 ghz working fine here with d00.

Working on undervolting now. -50mv seems fine so far...

1.2ghz might be your ceiling.

whoopie for u...i tried uv -25 and getting bootloops...i'm on the less superior 1.2 lol my board is 1100
27th August 2011, 10:52 AM |#1247  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 54
 
More
I tried again using fastboot to push the image and again I was unable to get past the "unlocked" with motoboot logo. Again My phone is a d00 tegra part.

On a side not my experiment is yielding interesting results. The phone is set to 800 min 1200 max on set CPU. I have the under volting set as:
1200=-100mv
1100=-100mv
1000=-50mv
900=-25mv
800=-25mv
After setting for 20 min I noticed the phone was cool to the touch. I thought it may have turned off, but it had not. I checked the setcpu info and the CPU is at 38 c idling at 800Mhz. Checking time in state 800Mhz accounts for 38% while 1200MHz accounts for 29%.

The point of the experiment was two fold. First I am seeing that my phone which gets about 12hr on a battery charge no matter what I do, gets about the same battery life with the CPU set to these high values all of the time. In my rough assessment I would have to say that setting profiles and tweaking UV is only good for maybe 1% per hour difference on discharge rate. I'm all for maximizing both performance and battery life. I have read about how little power these processors use.
The other point of the test is to determine the heat issue. I'm not sure if the under volt is currently what is keep the temp low on my phone, I will have to spend some time with it at stock voltages, but the important part in my opinion is that the only time I see the CPU run very hot is on boot up. It is almost as if it is running hot do to being pegged at 100%. I'm thinking the heat issue on the CPU is due caused by the PoP RAM as the boot process must read/write the RAM a lot. Proof of this is that currently my phone CPU temp is 37c and it is idling at 800MHz.

Two more things to note. The heat we feel through the back of the phone I believe is the Radio, not the CPU. I notice that if I sleep with my phone in my pocket and lay on it, the reduction of signal causes the power to rise and the phone will get hot. If i put my phone in locations in my house with weak signals I again notice it is hot.
The other is that currently with the phone at idle of 800MHz my battery drain over the last hour has been about 5%. Typically I get about 7% per hour. The 7% I have tested and It is the same with the screen on or off, the CPU low or high.

I urge others to attempt similar test, I think you will find that the CPU voltage and frequency is a minor concern other then going for maximum.

*** I performed Stress test for five minutes both with uv and with stock voltages. The uv was 51c when done and the stock 54c. The phone was only slightly warm. When the test stops the processor cools quickly and with in 30 sec was in the mid 40's idling at 800MHz. ***
27th August 2011, 11:30 AM |#1248  
Senior Member
Flag Trinidad
Thanks Meter: 29
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeavery2

I tried again using fastboot to push the image and again I was unable to get past the "unlocked" with motoboot logo. Again My phone is a d00 tegra part.

On a side not my experiment is yielding interesting results. The phone is set to 800 min 1200 max on set CPU. I have the under volting set as:
1200=-100mv
1100=-100mv
1000=-50mv
900=-25mv
800=-25mv
After setting for 20 min I noticed the phone was cool to the touch. I thought it may have turned off, but it had not. I checked the setcpu info and the CPU is at 38 c idling at 800Mhz. Checking time in state 800Mhz accounts for 38% while 1200MHz accounts for 29%.

The point of the experiment was two fold. First I am seeing that my phone which gets about 12hr on a battery charge no matter what I do, gets about the same battery life with the CPU set to these high values all of the time. In my rough assessment I would have to say that setting profiles and tweaking UV is only good for maybe 1% per hour difference on discharge rate. I'm all for maximizing both performance and battery life. I have read about how little power these processors use.
The other point of the test is to determine the heat issue. I'm not sure if the under volt is currently what is keep the temp low on my phone, I will have to spend some time with it at stock voltages, but the important part in my opinion is that the only time I see the CPU run very hot is on boot up. It is almost as if it is running hot do to being pegged at 100%. I'm thinking the heat issue on the CPU is due caused by the PoP RAM as the boot process must read/write the RAM a lot. Proof of this is that currently my phone CPU temp is 37c and it is idling at 800MHz.

Two more things to note. The heat we feel through the back of the phone I believe is the Radio, not the CPU. I notice that if I sleep with my phone in my pocket and lay on it, the reduction of signal causes the power to rise and the phone will get hot. If i put my phone in locations in my house with weak signals I again notice it is hot.
The other is that currently with the phone at idle of 800MHz my battery drain over the last hour has been about 5%. Typically I get about 7% per hour. The 7% I have tested and It is the same with the screen on or off, the CPU low or high.

I urge others to attempt similar test, I think you will find that the CPU voltage and frequency is a minor concern other then going for maximum.

*** I performed Stress test for five minutes both with uv and with stock voltages. The uv was 51c when done and the stock 54c. The phone was only slightly warm. When the test stops the processor cools quickly and with in 30 sec was in the mid 40's idling at 800MHz. ***

nice...you should start using your bt..it takes your battery for a ride lol
27th August 2011, 12:50 PM |#1249  
Daniel_GB's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Noshahr,IR
Thanks Meter: 135
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebeardedchild

What tegrapart do you have?

i have d00 AT&T atrix!
27th August 2011, 01:11 PM |#1250  
Anthonok's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag St. Cloud
Thanks Meter: 213
 
More
Cm7 pre beta 3. 1.2OC works fine. 1.3OC not getting past unlocked moto screen.

Sent from my Atrix running CM7
27th August 2011, 01:35 PM |#1251  
coldfusionb's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 29
 
More
Found it never mind.

Sent from my MB860 using xda premium
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ext4, faux123, if youfindthisconfusiongogetaniphone, kernel, mjpollardisagirl, overclock

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes