FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Kernel]Atrix-GB/CM7/9[2.6.32.59/56/59](026/024/026)OC~1.45GHz/UV/SLQB/ZRAM[Jun-17]

8,535 posts
Thanks Meter: 34,722

Post Reply Email Thread
12th July 2011, 05:46 PM |#231  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 108

Donate to Me
More
seem to be getting quite a few force reboots. I'm using KennethPenn's Gingerbread 2.3.4 latest beta 4.5 with 1.77 radio.

Cleared cache partition and davlik cache in CWM. it seemed to die when granting su permissions to root explorer. as well as preparing internal storage as soon as the phone starts

12th July 2011, 05:57 PM |#232  
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkRyoushii

seem to be getting quite a few force reboots. I'm using KennethPenn's Gingerbread 2.3.4 latest beta 4.5 with 1.77 radio.

Cleared cache partition and davlik cache in CWM. it seemed to die when granting su permissions to root explorer. as well as preparing internal storage as soon as the phone starts

no force reboots or closes for me just the eternal wifi wait
12th July 2011, 06:18 PM |#233  
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkRyoushii

For those of you who experienced random FC, reboot into CWM and do a Data Wipe / Factory reset (I tried wiping cache, but it didn't work).

Yes, you will lose all your data, but this will fix the random FC loops. I believe this is caused by data corruption from either CWM and/or Busybox commands. After flashing zip updates, sometimes the /data partition gets corrupted which leads to random FC loops.

PS: @ work right now... Tonight I will spend more time on the WiFi issue. I will investigate the difference in source code to see why the WiFi scan failed most of the time.

PPS: Atrix's clocking scheme has changed quite a bit, currently it's in between the old Shmoo Version (LG G2x/Optimus 2x) and the new Tablet versions (like Asus, Xoom etc). So the tablet OC scheme won't work on it neither would the original FakeShmoo version... I am trying to figure out how to tweak it for higher frequency and lower voltage.
The Following User Says Thank You to faux123 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift faux123 Ad-Free
12th July 2011, 06:23 PM |#234  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Great Kernel man Everything runs smooth and fast 4 me also...As far as wifi i left it on for a lil bit and everything was all good....
Quote:
Originally Posted by djkinetic

no force reboots or closes for me just the eternal wifi wait

12th July 2011, 06:27 PM |#235  
Thanks Meter: 62

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitewalker033

Great Kernel man Everything runs smooth and fast 4 me also...As far as wifi i left it on for a lil bit and everything was all good....

About the wifi- people are reporting wifi takes a while to connect, would that be every time it connects or just to initially set up wifi services?
12th July 2011, 06:27 PM |#236  
Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 6,780

Donate to Me
More
Question
To users who have applied this kernel to their 4.5.91 phones, how is battery performance / life being affected?

Also, if i decide to switch back to the stock kernel,

i simply follow the same installation instructions for the custom one, but replace the customized kernel with the stock on in the commands. correct?
12th July 2011, 06:35 PM |#237  
Flag Greensboro
Thanks Meter: 181

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by OSNPA

About the wifi- people are reporting wifi takes a while to connect, would that be every time it connects or just to initially set up wifi services?

i believe its every time the phone is started/rebooted... once its booted and the first scan comes through, its scan normally
The Following User Says Thank You to ahmarchi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ahmarchi Ad-Free
12th July 2011, 06:36 PM |#238  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by faux123

For those of you who experienced random FC, reboot into CWM and do a Data Wipe / Factory reset (I tried wiping cache, but it didn't work).

Yes, you will lose all your data, but this will fix the random FC loops. I believe this is caused by data corruption from either CWM and/or Busybox commands. After flashing zip updates, sometimes the /data partition gets corrupted which leads to random FC loops.

PS: @ work right now... Tonight I will spend more time on the WiFi issue. I will investigate the difference in source code to see why the WiFi scan failed most of the time.

PPS: Atrix's clocking scheme has changed quite a bit, currently it's in between the old Shmoo Version (LG G2x/Optimus 2x) and the new Tablet versions (like Asus, Xoom etc). So the tablet OC scheme won't work on it neither would the original FakeShmoo version... I am trying to figure out how to tweak it for higher frequency and lower voltage.

ive been tweaking alot with pimpmycpu and i can say for my tegra chip 1.1ghz @ 1050mv and 1.2ghz at 1150mv should be stable for most (i have a sample size of 2 :P). personally im stable at 1.1ghz at 1000mv. Also a 25mv reduction on the 1ghz step.
12th July 2011, 06:45 PM |#239  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 108

Donate to Me
More
Hey,

Just to clarify before I go and wipe all my apps/SMS messages again for the forth time this week, formatting /data will stop the force REBOOTS I'm experiencing too? you say Force Closes in the post but quoted my force reboots one so I was confused.

Thanks in advance
- DarkRyoushii

Quote:
Originally Posted by faux123

12th July 2011, 07:33 PM |#240  
Wifi refuses to scan for me =( left it on for about 30 minutes twice and no go, hope u can get it working Faux =)
12th July 2011, 07:51 PM |#241  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
how do i restore my wifi? i have done a full restore from aa cwm backup i made before i flashed this kernel and the wifi now says error. help please
The Following User Says Thank You to zcrugby For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zcrugby Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ext4, faux123, if youfindthisconfusiongogetaniphone, kernel, mjpollardisagirl, overclock

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)