{All 2011}[DISCONTINUED][FAQ][Q&A][CM10.2] LegacyXperia discussion

1,863 posts
Thanks Meter: 26,190

By mikeioannina, Recognized Developer on 2nd October 2013, 01:12 AM
Thread Closed Email Thread
14th December 2013, 01:30 AM |#241  
Thanks Meter: 68

More
I have a bug to report: dialing the emergency phone number (112) causes the phone app to crash - FC.
Fortunately I had my other (dumb)phone with me...my night would have been quite unpleasant otherwise

iyokan, latest cm-10.2 release
The Following User Says Thank You to vikusz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vikusz Ad-Free
15th December 2013, 02:16 PM |#242  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Ioannina

More
Info 2 New build coming
Hi guys, I'm going to do another release on 10.2 containing the latest fixes & changes from CM.
I will release RC1 build today so you can try it and then go to the bug tracker, search all the 10.2 issues and see which are still present so I can take a look at them and if possible, fix them.

EDIT: I'd also like some feedback from Mini pro/Pro users, tell me what features are missing from hardware keyboard that were present in stock ROM.
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to mikeioannina For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th December 2013, 03:32 PM |#243  
Thanks Meter: 68

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeioannina

Hi guys, I'm going to do another release on 10.2 containing the latest fixes & changes from CM.
I will release RC1 build today so you can try it and then go to the bug tracker, search all the 10.2 issues and see which are still present so I can take a look at them and if possible, fix them.

EDIT: I'd also like some feedback from Mini pro/Pro users, tell me what features are missing from hardware keyboard that were present in stock ROM.

Great news!

As a Pro user I miss displaying the actual "caps lock" state in the notification bar. Stock GB used to show different icons for 'single-character shift', caps lock; and the same with the blue function button -> active for next character, active locked. I hope it's understandable
This feature is missing from cm-10.2_iyokan-LX-20131204-RELEASE. I'll probably check the new RC next week.

Also, the globe key seems to change Caps Lock state. This key should switch between input languages, right?

I love JB on my legacy phone. Great work Mike!
15th December 2013, 03:38 PM |#244  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Ioannina

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vikusz

Great news!

As a Pro user I miss displaying the actual "caps lock" state in the notification bar. Stock GB used to show different icons for 'single-character shift', caps lock; and the same with the blue function button -> active for next character, active locked. I hope it's understandable
This feature is missing from cm-10.2_iyokan-LX-20131204-RELEASE. I'll probably check the new RC next week.

Also, the globe key seems to change Caps Lock state. This key should switch between input languages, right?

I love JB on my legacy phone. Great work Mike!

It would be better to provide a video or screenshots with the original behaviour since I don't have any of these 2 phones to test. Most important things that need to be checked are missing or wrong character/function mapping in keys (like the globe key you mentioned) and missing accents on many non-english languages.
The Following User Says Thank You to mikeioannina For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th December 2013, 07:07 PM |#245  
Flag Kolkata
Thanks Meter: 23

More
I asked this earlier but no one replyd. :-/
YouTube videos are very blury.. Is there a way to solve this.??
15th December 2013, 07:43 PM |#246  
Thanks Meter: 110

More
Quote:

As far as I remember, in stock FW (not sure which version - GB or ICS) you were able to confirm letter from 'long press context menu' with any key - not just enter or tapping the screen.
16th December 2013, 01:46 AM |#247  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Ioannina

More
## Release candidate 1 build 20131215 - cm-10.2
* Latest cm10.2 changes
* Updated kernel to 3.4.74
* Enabled Performance Profiles
* Camera updates/cleanup
* Revert: Updated zRAM from linux 3.12
* Enabled zRAM by default
* Removed touchscreen fw loader on coconut/mango/satsuma/smultron/iyokan

Builds will roll alphabetically for all devices until tomorrow.
The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to mikeioannina For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th December 2013, 12:11 PM |#248  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:

It would be better to provide a video or screenshots with the original behaviour since I don't have any of these 2 phones to test. Most important things that need to be checked are missing or wrong character/function mapping in keys (like the globe key you mentioned) and missing accents on many non-english languages.

This is what I foun so far - http://youtu.be/XIHzXE6UGJs?t=40s

The algorithm is as follows:

Shift:
1. If you open the hardware keyboard the "Aa" icon appears on the right side of the notification bar (next to battery). After inputing any character (which will be upper case) it changes to 'a'
2. If you press shift once you got an "Aa" icon on the notification bar, which meant that next pressed letter will be uppercase, and the next lower case, and icon changes to 'a'
2. After pressing it another time (so twice consecutive presses) you get an "A" icon, which means you will be typing only upper case until you press it again (the shift)
3. After pressing shift 3 times you are back to "a" icon and typin lowercase
4. After closing hw keyboard, the last active input icon (a, Aa, A), dissapears

Alt:
1. By default there is no icon
2. After pressing once you get a "square with hole in it" which gives you alt for only the next char
3. After pressing twice it gets you a "square with yellow dot in it" which locks alt

As to other aspects of the hw keyboard on my iyokan:
- alt and shift buttons dont work in default browser and in many apps - you can only inpu lower-case letters with hw keyboard and you are forced to use the software one
- after long pressing letter you get a "pop-up" with available "localized" versions of it (polish, czech, german etc.). In stock rom, if you press anything at that point, the 1st sign from the pop-up gets selected + the button you pressed. In LXP you have to press the sign on the screen to select it, and be able to type again, otherwise typing anything on the hw keyboard won't do anything
The Following User Says Thank You to MisieXXX For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MisieXXX Ad-Free
16th December 2013, 02:16 PM |#249  
Flag RS, Brazil
Thanks Meter: 50

More
Is V4A working with this ROM's stock Apollo? (last build)
16th December 2013, 03:47 PM |#250  
Flag Davao City
Thanks Meter: 248

More
Not for me.

Sent from my Xperia Mini using Tapatalk 2
16th December 2013, 04:42 PM |#251  
Flag Dhaka
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Unhappy
Quote:

## Release candidate 1 build 20131215 - cm-10.2
* Latest cm10.2 changes
* Updated kernel to 3.4.74
* Enabled Performance Profiles
* Camera updates/cleanup
* Revert: Updated zRAM from linux 3.12
* Enabled zRAM by default
* Removed touchscreen fw loader on coconut/mango/satsuma/smultron/iyokan

Builds will roll alphabetically for all devices until tomorrow.

After flashing the kernel included in d rom zip CWM shows this
E:Can't mount /cache/recovery/command
E:Can't mount /cache/recovery/log
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cm10.2, cyanogenmod 10.2, jb 4.3, jellybean 4.3, legacyxperia
Previous Thread Next Thread