[MOD][HOW TO]Enable Tegra 4 Graphics on Dead Trigger 2

Search This thread

MidnightHarvester

Apr 16, 2010
In the VAST
I'm so glad that I finally found a computer I can use AND get the G2 rooted after logs of issues with that computer. The SD800 is made for thrashing Tegra 4 games. It's a shame that developers limit the options due to pressure on Nvidia so they can market the Shield. I don't see frame rates drop at ALL and I'ge completed the main campaign and now working on global side missions. There isn't any difference in performance between the G2 and a Tegra 4 device (noticeable at least) and their auto detect should see thst and not have me change the value to "3" on my own. They're in it for money, and I don't blame them and they made one hell of a fun zombie shooter.. Though I admit I've been playing NOVA 3 recently as that's a "real" game to me. Much better gameplay and the IAPs are just those alien guns and are permanent and cheap (I don't pay for in game crap but bought those as I felt the game was worth more $$... I'd happily pay much more for more real games if they followed thst model. Sure Dead Trigger 2 is free and can bebeaten easily with out paying but for all the good weapons you will have to wait forever to research the even after finding the blueprints.. (but lol).. But that's another story.

Thanks for the tip here and the game looks so much better (it was amazing before with the particle and liquid effects but now with the addition of more and real time shadows and extra detail all around... Awesome.. Thanks!

ghost0211

Nov 25, 2012
Has anyone had any luck restoring their account upon re installation? Mine won't let me login. I'm screwed out of my ass all the money I spent and time:banghead:

lm that guy

Jan 22, 2012
Has anyone had any luck restoring their account upon re installation? Mine won't let me login. I'm screwed out of my ass all the money I spent and time:banghead:

Sorry your having issues. Once you copy this mod over, it overwrites your xml. Just delete your data and restrart dead Trigger and login. It should be fixed. I have added in the OP instructions to apply this MOD by hand so this wont occur again.

lm that guy

Jan 22, 2012
I tried that and nothing but failure to login

Hmm... I'm not sure what the problem may be. I have tried the steps I posted above and I'm able to log in just fine and it restores all my data. Which method did you link your account? Through Facebook or Madfingergames? And have you tried a password reset?

Kennedy808

Jun 9, 2010
I'm using the Root Browser in Rom Toolbox. I can edit the value in the XML, and it says it's saving, but when I go back in to the file my edit is reverted back to the original.

How can I tell visually if the ultra high graphics are actually enabled?

lm that guy

Jan 22, 2012
I'm using the Root Browser in Rom Toolbox. I can edit the value in the XML, and it says it's saving, but when I go back in to the file my edit is reverted back to the original.

How can I tell visually if the ultra high graphics are actually enabled?

Sounds like a problem with the browser not actually saving. Try a different root browser such as solid explorer or root explorer.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk 2

szy54

Aug 1, 2010
Has anyone tried it with Nexus 5? I don't see many changes between Tegra 4 version and normal version.

petesimon

Aug 5, 2013
Oklahoma
www.facebook.com
looks good

works in JXD s7800B gaming tablet with DT2 version 0.4.0.3447, using "RileyROM 1.1" from Freaktab forums. I noticed more water effects including splashes when I shoot at the water. I did one extra step with the xml file which may help: change file permissions to -r-r-r- (no write). Some youtubers mentioned this step.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Instructions

1. First force stop Dead Trigger 2 App in Application settings
    2. UNZIP and Just push the attached file to /data/data/com.madfingergames.deadtrigger2/shared_prefs/
    3. Done! Enjoy! :laugh:

The Manually method(Reccomended)
    1. Force Stop Dead Trigger 2 in settings.
    2. Just open up the shared_prefs folder and find the com.madfingergames.deadtrigger2.xml.
    3. Next change makes this code the same as this. Just change one value.
    Change
    Code:
    < int name=”UnityGraphicsQuality” value=”[COLOR="Red"][B]3[/B][/COLOR]″ / >
    Change
    Code:
    < int name=”OptionsGraphicDetail” value=”[B][COLOR="Red"]3[/COLOR][/B]″ / >.
    4. Save and relaunch, now you have Tegra Graphics for your Non-Tegra Device

You may experience frame drops at times but that's to be expected. These graphics are intense. But, S800 handles it very well!

Works on any device, must be rooted
    DEAD TRIGGER 2 Ultra High Graphics

Google "DEAD TRIGGER 2 [Ultra High Graphics] v0.02.1 APK" for Ultra High Graphics on any device
    No root required!
    Thank you, works great on my N9005 :)
    What isthe meaning of 0440?

I can enable 044 doing read group and others, but 0440 can't with any combination.
    Sounds like a problem with the browser not actually saving. Try a different root browser such as solid explorer or root explorer.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, I tried a couple other root browsers and I think I got one to stick. Was playing a sewer looking level and there were pretty decent water effects througout.