FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: What would you like best on your HTC HD2 ?

Windows Phone 7

206 Vote(s)
15.20%
GNU/Linux and Android

1,083 Vote(s)
79.93%
I'm happy with the shipped HD2 operating system

66 Vote(s)
4.87%

[Discussion]Linux and Android on the HD2 *READ POST3 BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS*

707 posts
Thanks Meter: 259

By dcordes, Retired Senior Recognized Developer on 24th March 2010, 02:59 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
26th March 2010, 12:02 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 43

More
ok a bit further on .. I managed to find a working (ahem) config for usbnet .. i have managed to ping my leo from my linux box and managed to get a telnet prompt .. The telnet does not fully let me in due to lack of job control i think but for now this is cool ..

Markinus is working on refining this work and making the config default so we can all benefit without the pain ..

for now if you want to see (well my brain dumps and some other output ...

http://pastebin.com/D2VZYFiv

and try the Image, root filesystem and default.txt (and dot-config if your kernel compile inclined)

The shell is crashy and not useful yet ...

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IQ55N0Q3

Enjoy !

26th March 2010, 02:31 AM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 55

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cass67

ok a bit further on .. I managed to find a working (ahem) config for usbnet .. i have managed to ping my leo from my linux box and managed to get a telnet prompt .. The telnet does not fully let me in due to lack of job control i think but for now this is cool ..

Markinus is working on refining this work and making the config default so we can all benefit without the pain ..

for now if you want to see (well my brain dumps and some other output ...

http://pastebin.com/D2VZYFiv

and try the Image, root filesystem and default.txt (and dot-config if your kernel compile inclined)

The shell is crashy and not useful yet ...

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IQ55N0Q3

Enjoy !

What about the datasheet for the touchscreen driver? Any news?
26th March 2010, 03:13 AM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 43

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris5932

What about the datasheet for the touchscreen driver? Any news?

Not as far as i have heard ..
29th March 2010, 02:05 PM |#14  
Flag New Jersey
Thanks Meter: 36

More
i've a questino though @ devs. you said that the kernel is the difficult part... and after that we can easily get linux etc on it? even maemo ?.. since it's based on linux
29th March 2010, 02:33 PM |#15  
OP Retired Senior Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
just wanted to drop in and say hi. unfortunately there's no news yet regarding the freeze problem.
that video is just a joke. some VNC client as they say on the site. as you can see he has winmo screenlock ^^

once we have the kernel problem fixed of course you can run maemo on the hd2.

edit: btw, any datasheet news ?
29th March 2010, 08:32 PM |#16  
Leeds, UK
Thanks Meter: 0

More
It's kinda quiet in here since the recent news about WP7S.

Thanx for the update DCordes, can you put into perspective on where about you guys are then?

Is Linux booting?
If so, how is it running?
What hardware are you having problems with?
What hardware is working?

Do you have a projected ET for having Android on the HD2? Even if not finalised, but maybe first Boot?

Thanx

Keep up the good work guys (DCordes, Netripper, Markinus, CR2, Tidsk and the rest of the guys)

Seg
29th March 2010, 11:45 PM |#17  

Donate to Me
More
it's actually all in the first post. we have that problem with the kernel freezing and we don't know why yet. that's the big show stopper right now.
except for that the overall situation looks very good! sd card and even usb host is working already ^^
30th March 2010, 06:47 PM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Hi from France,

No idea about the kernel freeze problem ... What should happen after SD card driver being loaded ?

About the multitouch datasheet, I've been searching for it for 2 days, I didn't find anything. I just asked Elan about the release date of this. Waiting for reply ...

Thanks for your work
31st March 2010, 12:29 AM |#19  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CleM71

What should happen after SD card driver being loaded ?

for me it crashes after init is executed (initrd or extracted to mmc, no difference) or when rootdelay is added in cmdline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleM71

About the multitouch datasheet, I've been searching for it for 2 days, I didn't find anything. I just asked Elan about the release date of this. Waiting for reply ...

thanks I'm very curiious if somebody will get a reply when I tried the same thing for an aptina camera module they never answered.
with usb host working it's actually not so critical. we could use usb mouse or keyboard until we have a working leo ts driver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll20

i know, i know, you will take donations once there is some work done *beta* or something.

I can't speak for the other devs but I personally never said such things.
31st March 2010, 03:31 PM |#20  
Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Torino
Thanks Meter: 3,855

Donate to Me
More
Well, the guys that are really actively working on this are written in the first post.
Anyway, Tigerzen, Cass_VM and me, we're working on this with more relax, but we're only active testers and rarely we've helped in the kernel development (if we have).

There are many things working now, but what we really need is a datasheet for our Elan digitizer(/controller) for developing a driver for our touchscreen.

Hoping the best....

The Eugenia Project Developer
-kholk
31st March 2010, 03:35 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 757

Donate to Me
More
Is this not the correct datasheet? I read that it is the touchscreen, what you had was multitouch. IDK. tying my best.

http...

media.digikey.com/pdf/Data%20Sheets/Cypress%20PDFs/CY8CTMG120.pdf

cannot post links yet
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, connection, development, hd2, hd2 android, htc android, kernel, linux, ubuntu

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)