[THEME] Windows 7 / v1.0 / Cyanogen 4.0.4 [UPDATED 8/29] Six6Sicks

Search This thread

Burlyskink

Aug 21, 2009
Ok, before I begin.

I know, I know. WINDOWS 7 on Linux!!!! OMG! HOW DARE YOU!!!!
I understand that some of you will think it's so wrong I should be hung for doing this.
BUT.....There are some, like myself, that like Windows, and so this WIP is for them and I.

I have lots to do, but here are just a few screenshots of what's been done so far. If I get some good feedback on this I'll push harder to get this thing loaded.
I have most of the icons changed, market app icons and other apps not pre installed will not be changed. 1 thing is I don't have the I.E. icon cause I hate I.E. so firefox it is!

I am open to any suggestions.

I will try to get this 100% complete asap. (Didn't know it would be this hard lol!)

If you come here just to bash, don't waste your time.

I like it, I would probably use it. And imo firefox or Chrome > IE any day lol

Jonno12345

Jul 5, 2009
Awesome man, love it, can't wait :eek:...

Few suggestions:

* WiFi symbol like the wireless connectivity icon on 7 (Not sure how best to demonstrate the bars of signal though, maybe the waves that come out of it?)

* Similarly, 3g/EDGE have the picture of two computers with the globe, lighting each one up for send/receive

* Muted and battery icons

Only suggestions, re-reading those, most would be a pain to implement I'm sure :p.

Love the dialer too

Stericson

Retired Senior Mod / Retired Senior RD
Nov 10, 2008
You know a Windows 7 theme was actually released WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY back ago when I first figured out how to make themes? The guy that made it was called Dave the Illest...You should check it out and consider porting it...

Stericson

lukasf

Jun 3, 2009
www.my-place.cz
PLEASE Can You make some version without "Windows-like" Start panel? Just only transparent original image? I liko your theme, but "Start" panel is not my "cup of tea"

Last edited: