Adhesive for replacing digitizer?

Search This thread

Hollow.Droid

Sep 30, 2010
Hey guys, I'm attempting to replace my digitizer for the second time after my first attempt ended up with a digitizer which was a distinctly different shape than the original and therefore looks terrible! Anyhow I'm looking for a decent adhesive to keep it in place. Would pretty much anything do or does anyone have a preference?

Cheers!

famandeggs

Oct 31, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
d0360e1e-9b66-c6b5.jpg

Here is the stuff I used, working great so far.. Not sure where you could get it (maybe frys or something) (I grabbed some from work).. its thin, double sided, super sticky once it sets, and made by 3M.. I just cut it into very thin strips using a ruler and exacto blade.. If you have trouble finding some, I have enough leftover that I could mail you to get the job done..

fam

Sent from my Nexus One using XDA App

Reactions: Hollow.Droid

Hollow.Droid

Sep 30, 2010
Cheers, that looks pretty perfect, didn't even know that was available! I'm in the UK but thanks for offering :) I should hopefully be able to find some locally, thanks again.

famandeggs

Oct 31, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Cheers, that looks pretty perfect, didn't even know that was available! I'm in the UK but thanks for offering :) I should hopefully be able to find some locally, thanks again.

if you cant find it locally try amazon or:

http://cgi.ebay.com/2mm-3M-Adhesive...391482?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item4aa6a4b2fa

another thing, something that is probably more "locally available" would be to buy the 3M digitizer tape for an iphone, and cut it up into the 4 strips you'll need :)

Last edited:

dowmace

May 25, 2009
Tulsa, OK
I used some of the loctite superglue gel. Very very thin layer of it and it worked great, I didn't like how the original digitizer sat flush with the frame of the phone, after using the superglue the digitizer is slightly below the frame so it the phone was dropped face down the frame would hit the ground first hopefully saving the screen

Hollow.Droid

Sep 30, 2010
if you cant find it locally try amazon or:

http://cgi.ebay.com/2mm-3M-Adhesive...391482?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item4aa6a4b2fa

another thing, something that is probably more "locally available" would be to buy the 3M digitizer tape for an iphone, and cut it up into the 4 strips you'll need :)

I ended up going with this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...223992&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_3749wt_905

I made sure it wasn't the foam kind and it's double sided so should hopefully do the job nicely. Fingers crossed :)

I used some of the loctite superglue gel. Very very thin layer of it and it worked great, I didn't like how the original digitizer sat flush with the frame of the phone, after using the superglue the digitizer is slightly below the frame so it the phone was dropped face down the frame would hit the ground first hopefully saving the screen

Yeah I'm going with a combo of the tape and superglue, just because I don't trust myself to be delicate with superglue down the sides :p

I'll have to post some pics of the before and after, just to give a sense of how crap the first replacement was. It's so poor I'm using a full body case to keep the digitizer held in! It also lacks the bottom buttons and is the incorrect size (Around 1cm in total, top and bottom) compared to the original digitizer. It's gonna be a nice day when it's back to tip top condition :p

Cha1n5aW

Apr 5, 2013
Anyone happen to know where I can pick up the thick foamy type adhesive? Some of it is torn around edges & want to fill in the gaps with something better than 4 layers of the thin 3m stuff. I might try tiny strips of electrical tape in those spots, but would rather proper real thing.

Jwn0688

Apr 13, 2014
Hi

Re
Here is the stuff I used, working great so far.. Not sure where you could get it (maybe frys or something) (I grabbed some from work).. its thin, double sided, super sticky once it sets, and made by 3M.. I just cut it into very thin strips using a ruler and exacto blade.. If you have trouble finding some, I have enough leftover that I could mail you to get the job done..

fam

Sent from my Nexus One using XDA App[/QUOTE]

Hi I am trying to replace my nephews screen and need the adheisive do you still have some left and are you still willing to send it. I cant find it anywhere

illusionist

May 24, 2017
adhesive for digitizer...

Hey guys, I'm attempting to replace my digitizer for the second time after my first attempt ended up with a digitizer which was a distinctly different shape than the original and therefore looks terrible! Anyhow I'm looking for a decent adhesive to keep it in place. Would pretty much anything do or does anyone have a preference?

Cheers!

you can use zhan lida t8000.
its widely use for mobile screen like asus,samsung etc
it can easily removed at time of replacement usnig dryer or heat gun.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    d0360e1e-9b66-c6b5.jpg

fam

Sent from my Nexus One using XDA App