FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][09/07/20][PreviewPlugin Titanium english]JMLToday5.1-need Skins all resolutions

2,222 posts
Thanks Meter: 272

By MichelDiamond, Retired Recognized Developer on 20th July 2009, 05:41 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
23rd July 2009, 07:24 AM |#71  
OP Retired Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
thank you I hope it´s inside JMLToday in time (because of testing purposes).otherwise replace the file after installing the new version.

tonight were the (I think so) final tests for 5.2. runs veryv smooth.especially because of its c++ runtime, JMLToday has almost no real effect on battery drain and RAM usage.like you are still used from 5.1...and the weather download will be improved (really only 1.5 kB).
Instead of this thread there will come (soon,perhaps weekend) 2 new threads-one from JMHL with 5.2+ and one from me (with help from Ric)with skinning &cabbing...and the new developing interface for JMLToday
with this (and simple to control) little extension you could do very much, e.g. change Titanium background according to current weather or add 2nd city for weather or add 3rd Page or add new status info or...
therefore - if somebody wants to help to build such a program library which "gadgets" could be binded to various JMLToday-skins...feel free to contact me.
a little skill to program in mortscript would be good,but who wants to learn...that would be a good chance,too.
Thanx to everybody in advance and for the help to make multiling,multires and soon ...much more multipurpose

23rd July 2009, 08:40 AM |#72  
Flag Hong Kong
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Really looking forward to this - the best combination of rperiera's analogue clock functionality, twolf's multipage plugin and chrisch's digiclock look - especially if the email notification gets added.

Thanks for your hard work
24th July 2009, 01:36 PM |#73  
Flag Chattanooga, TN
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Is 5.2 coming soon? Can't wait
24th July 2009, 02:38 PM |#74  
Flag Hong Kong

More
Hmmm downloaded 5.2c from the French site and I am a bit disappointed.

No email notification - so have to have CEmail panel running
No way of composing a new sms from the front page unless you have the CText panel running - which defeats the object of this one

Would rather add another page to this something like the CHome panel so we would end up with:

The front page as is with the time, temp, email, text, blue tooth and wireless notifications, the second page for teh 5 day weather and a third page with the CHome options of texts and email composition and viewing.

Hard to please? me?
24th July 2009, 02:46 PM |#75  
Thanks Meter: 2,619

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGxM

Hmmm downloaded 5.2c from the French site and I am a bit disappointed.

No email notification - so have to have CEmail panel running
No way of composing a new sms from the front page unless you have the CText panel running - which defeats the object of this one

Would rather add another page to this something like the CHome panel so we would end up with:

The front page as is with the time, temp, email, text, blue tooth and wireless notifications, the second page for teh 5 day weather and a third page with the CHome options of texts and email composition and viewing.

Hard to please? me?

I can understand where you are coming from. It won't even install for me though the cab just fails.
24th July 2009, 03:37 PM |#76  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGxM

Hard to please? me?

Hey... look when this Thread here was started... not even 4 days ago... with a lot of wishes and with the target to get it multiling and multires... and this was achieved.

Some wishes will come to the new Release - but I'm not sure, what you prefer:
- A Plugin which makes much changes and leave it untested and you'll get everyday a new update
- A Plugin which is tested and runs secure and the wishes will be planned for future Releases. Nobody promised that everything could be done in 4 days...

And there are much wishes - some could be fulfilled in this short time and are under test, other things will come.
Then there is a developing interface for AddOns (I'm sure you know that ) , which will be able to fulfill some of the wishes.
All must be introduced before - why not waiting for the official Release and then you can have a look for the real possibilities and the possibilities of the then developed AddOns by everybody who helps?

Don't forget - the xda-devs isn't our company which paids the developers/skinners/helpers/... for the work/effort - it's our spare time... and I think any developer is more enlighted by a "I'm looking forward to..." than by impatience.
I think it's a very powerful PlugIn with very much opportunities - let us see, when it comes... But I know your wishes are already noticed.
What's better to handle - in a new Release as Default or because of special things, better by the development-interface - we will see, ok?

Greetings
Micha
24th July 2009, 04:30 PM |#77  
Flag Hong Kong

More
Micha

Sorry if I came across as aggressive, I really appreciate all the work you have done on this and am just a bit impatient due to the exciting developments you have made so far!

My perfect plug-in would be a digital clock with the functionality of cpereria's analog clock without the ram drain.
24th July 2009, 05:16 PM |#78  

Donate to Me
More
No problem

And you know - all what is possible - can be made possible.

Everything with notifications is something inside the C++-Code (because there's no 24/7-Mortscript in JMLToday - which would decrease the performance and increase the battery drain).
Changes in ContextMenu...depends on where it should be.
The other things e.g. 3rd page - these are event triggered / only RegistryValues - and therefore could be made by an additional MortScript. And everything which you can do with an additional mortscript - can be done. That's "AddOns"
We will have an own thread for it. This is an open API - but will be total easy to use. With collections of AddOns, Skins, Graphics, HowTo's for that stuff... and Wishes So you only need an developer for a simple mortscript perhaps.

You can get totally different Themes with JMLToday in this way. Some will have 3 Pages, some 2, some could look like iPhone, some like Android Hero, some can change your whole Titanium... I can't know which of them will be made by the users (No - that can't be a 1-2-3-man-job only) - but whatever anybody need - and he wants it - he can get it.

And what's not possible... that comes onto the internal wishlist for the next JMLToday Releases.

But never forget - Titanium consists of very much Plugins - not everything should be done by one Plugin
It already looks much nicer than default CClock and has more functions - I think that's a good start
24th July 2009, 05:28 PM |#79  
Thanks Meter: 2,619

Donate to Me
More
Am I the only one the .cab wont run for?

I can run any other cabs fine except this one..
24th July 2009, 05:53 PM |#80  
Flag Chattanooga, TN
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Smile
Installed fine here. I like it, the biggest change I wanted was 12 hour time, which I believe is in there. So I am more then happy, Thanks.
24th July 2009, 11:21 PM |#81  

Donate to Me
More
OK - this Thread is closed!!!

It now goes on with 2 Threads:

-> *Newest Version of JMLToday with Download*

--> *Download new Skins & AddOns for JMLToday*

If somebody has provided a skin ( plg - File) in this thread - could you please make a new post in the "Skins & AddOns-Thread" ? Better to find perhaps - only if you want - and so I don't oversee it.

THANK YOU ALL! WAS GREAT WHAT WE ALL HAVE MADE TOGETHER IN ONLY 4 DAYS!

Enjoy the results by using the links above

Micha
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)