[MOD][4.3+][2.2] Fitbit Mobile Sync Bluetooth 4.0 LE

Search This thread

zadigre

Aug 28, 2006
Montreal
1.8.2 from the play store works fine on my stock Galaxy Note 3 rom. So it looks like that Fitbit has added generic Android 4.3 support or Note 3 support.

Sent from my SM-N900 with Tapatalk

chrysilis

Jan 24, 2011
Adelaide
1.8.2 from the play store works fine on my stock Galaxy Note 3 rom. So it looks like that Fitbit has added generic Android 4.3 support or Note 3 support.

Sent from my SM-N900 with Tapatalk

From https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fitbit.FitbitMobile&hl=en

What's New
* Fix for Active Minutes tile - includes only very active minutes
* Various bug fixes
* Enabled support for Samsung Galaxy Note 3
https://help.fitbit.com/customer/portal/articles/987861-android-device-compatibility

dimfish

May 5, 2009
Saint-Petersburg
It would appear that Fitbit updated their app a few days ago to version 1.8.2. Will you be updating this modified apk to 1.8.2?
Please stop quoting first post - it's really useless!

About new versions - usually Fitbit likes to upload new versions on Friday, but I have all developer tools installed at work - so you have to wait till Monday (this Monday was official Holiday in Russia :) )

PS. Please test 1.8.2 version and write if it's still working, cause I'm blind to test (I've already sold my Flex and waiting for Force).

adx_x

Jan 18, 2010
Wuxi
1.82fix worked with sony z ultra on 4.3.1,but when the ble is always on and the background sync always on,maybe sometimes can't sync,must reboot can fix,is this problem just like the official 48h?

JeremyNT

Jul 22, 2010
Updated version still works on my Galaxy Nexus, thanks!! :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

dimfish

May 5, 2009
Saint-Petersburg
1.82fix worked with sony z ultra on 4.3.1,but when the ble is always on and the background sync always on,maybe sometimes can't sync,must reboot can fix,is this problem just like the official 48h?
Yes, it's related to official 48h problem - I mentioned this in first post that background sync better to be off or manually switch Bluetooth.

stearic

Jun 20, 2007
Just tried this on my Moto X and it works to sync with my fitbit one. Going to pick up the fitbit force this weekend (hopefully) and i hope that works as well. Thanks for all the work. Wouldn't all the moto x devices have the same BTLE compatibility?

Last edited:

Daman09

Apr 24, 2012
Please stop quoting first post - it's really useless!

About new versions - usually Fitbit likes to upload new versions on Friday, but I have all developer tools installed at work - so you have to wait till Monday (this Monday was official Holiday in Russia :) )

PS. Please test 1.8.2 version and write if it's still working, cause I'm blind to test (I've already sold my Flex and waiting for Force).

Sorry about that. 1.8.2 appears to be working on my HTC One GPE. Thanks!

catmat

Dec 2, 2006
Moscow
Great job, thanks! :D
Working perfect with HTC One and 4.3 Android. (3.62.401.1)
Why fitbit do not make same thing, its not place in logic. :crying:
Отдельное спасибо, как русскоговорящий - русскоговорящему :)

Last edited:

zach471

Oct 25, 2010
Richmond, VA
Just tried this on my Moto X and it works to sync with my fitbit one. Going to pick up the fitbit force this weekend (hopefully) and i hope that works as well. Thanks for all the work. Wouldn't all the moto x devices have the same BTLE compatibility?

I'm using a stock 4.2.2 Moto X with a Force, and it works perfectly. I followed the original post and disabled background sync.

stearic

Jun 20, 2007
I've had it not want to sync with my one some times. I do keep Bluetooth off most the time. Weird how it does that every so often.

Sent from my Moto X.

zach471

Oct 25, 2010
Richmond, VA

I've had it not want to sync with my one some times. I do keep Bluetooth off most the time. Weird how it does that every so often.

Sent from my Moto X.

Yeah, you know, I've noticed that too. Most times it works perfect, others it doesn't want to recognize the device. With the Force, I won't need to sync nearly as much (because I can manually track it by scrolling through the display), so I'll probably just do it once or twice a day. One thing for sure, it works better than the stock app did -- which was not at all!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Modded version of Fitbit Mobile to allow sync on all devices with Bluetooth 4.0 Low Energy.
    Minumum Android 4.3 version required!

NB Please read official report Android device compatibility
    It's recommended to disable background updates or manually turn on/off Bluetooth when sync needed.
    Here are reset device instructions: How do I restart my tracker?

Reported as working on devices:
    - Google Nexus 4, 5
    - Google Nexus 7
    - Galaxy Nexus (some ROMs require additional BTLE libraries)
    - Samsung Note 2, Note 3
    - Samsung Galaxy S3, S4
    - LG Optimus G, G2
    - LG optimus 4X HD (starting from 4.4.2 (omni rom tested))
    - HTC One
    - HTC Evo 4G
    - HTC DNA
    - Motorola Atrix HD
    - Motorola Moto X, Droid Maxx (some 4.2.2 ROMs with BTLE are also compatible)
    - Sony Xperia Z, Xperia Z Ultra
    - Oppo Find 5

Download Mega | AndroidFileHost
    New version 1.9.2 is ready
    A few questions, pardon my n00bness:

-Does my HTC One have to be rooted for this to work?
    -Does this modified apk modify my build.prop file?
    -If so, does the app reverse this change once uninstalled?

Thanks! :D
    - Root is not required, only Android 4.3
    - Apk can't change build.prop anyhow without Root permission ;)
    can support sony z ultra? if so,i will buy fitbit flex.
    It should support this device - it has Bluetooth 4.0 with LE and you can find Android 4.3 firmwares.
    I don't have sony z - so ask people in your device thread to be 100% sure.
    According to device compatibility on fitbit website Nexus 4, 5, 7 sync is still in beta version only. So I've uploaded 1.8.4.