Nokia Fatboy wireless charging pillow

Search This thread

tsekh501

Aug 14, 2009
Anyone knows when will this goes on sale? And for how much?

It's designed for the Lumia 920, but since it also use the Qi wireless charging standard, it works with the N4 (confirmed by a N4 reviewer on youtube, can't remember which video that is though).

wngmv

Sep 9, 2009
I'm not buying a charger for a third of the money I spent on the phone, no matter how fancy it looks like.

sn0warmy

Jul 26, 2010
Boulder, CO
Looks like I finally know what to ask for for X-Mas from the GF. She always gets pissed because anytime I want something I just buy it instead of waiting to get it as a gift.

EDIT: I just sent her the link and her response was "If you buy that before Christmas I'm going to punch you in the face." ...looks like I did a good job this time.

Last edited:

jmquez

Feb 21, 2010
I think the FatBoy looks cool and easy to carry when travelling, we just need it to go down in price!

Makaijin

Oct 31, 2007
Does anyone have a clue if it's actually cushioned (inside stuffed with some sort of foam etc.) or if it's just covered in a pillow sleeve? Reason I ask is I plan on having one of these on my bed, since I sleep in a big bed and don't use a bedside table.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk 2

aSquard

Jan 26, 2009
DF-Dub
I'm stoked that the FatBoy comes in so many colours - very cool, but the price isn't

Paranoid Android on the Nexus and XDA Premium

jmquez

Feb 21, 2010
I bought the standard Nokia charger for £45, here are some high res pics: http://imgur.com/a/B1BbK

Nk0a8.jpg

Hope this helps.

florian3000

Mar 11, 2012
Thanks for the pictures...how stable is the phone on that charger? It's pretty small, looks like it could easily fall off

jmquez

Feb 21, 2010
Update: the charger seems to be switching on and off keeping the screen on at times, when the phone is OFF it charges fine.

Wonder if its software related?

Model:
http://www.nokia.com/gb-en/products/accessory/dt-900/

I bought it in the old fashion way, you know on the outside world.

I am going back to the store to check if it works on their display charger, maybe I just have a faulty one.

ssskom

Nov 20, 2012
Update: the charger seems to be switching on and off keeping the screen on at times, when the phone is OFF it charges fine.

Wonder if its software related?

I bought it in the old fashion way, you know on the outside world.

I am going back to the store to check if it works on their display charger, maybe I just have a faulty one.

Hi, any update if the nokia Qi charger would work? Did you managed to test the phone with the chargers on display? appreciate it. thanks!

mZimm

Jan 31, 2008
For those of you interested in the Fatboy Pillow, do note that inside the pillow part is the exact same DT-900 charger that many have reported problems with (see jmquez above). Not sure if the pillow cures those, but it's worth keeping in mind before spending ~$100.

abe in space

Oct 3, 2012
Looks like I finally know what to ask for for X-Mas from the GF. She always gets pissed because anytime I want something I just buy it instead of waiting to get it as a gift.

EDIT: I just sent her the link and her response was "If you buy that before Christmas I'm going to punch you in the face." ...looks like I did a good job this time.

...On the other hand, this is one of those things where having multiples would be totally fine.

twistedh

Sep 10, 2011
Copenhagen
Thought i'd post this on a few of the threads regarding wireless chargers so people can see that there are other options out there other than the LG pad, nokia pillow etc...

Found this whilst browsing for other QI chargers. Looks quite nice and seems to have a rubbery surface to prevent the phone from slipping.

31BF3TfJqWL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

http://www.philips.co.uk/c/cell-phone-accessories/dlp7210b_10/prd/

They sell it on amazon.de but don't seem to ship to Denmark :(

Also spotted on ebay here: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Philips-D...degeräte_Dockingstationen&hash=item27cce3049d

Just bought it from ebay so will let you guys know what it is like once I have received it.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts