[Q] What Device Would you get If the PLay never existed?

Search This thread

Xperia4life

Apr 2, 2012
Hitchin
These are my Choices:
HTC XL (UK-This is Now not Retailed anymore :( )
HTC One X (Looks Sweet)
Xperia S (Not Sure Disappointing to me)
Galaxy Note

Tablets:
Galaxy Note (Looks Swell!)
Xoom 2 (xyloem For US)
Tranformer Prime
iPad (3rd Gen)

lightningdude

Oct 9, 2010
Because of the timing of me getting this phone, I would have gotten the Droid Incredible 2. The gamepad on this phone just screamed at the gamer in me. And now I find that I only game when I have time to kill. Sad, really, but I like this little phone.

Leraeniesh

Aug 1, 2011
Detroit
Probably the DroidX2, Droid Incredible 2, or maybe even the Galaxy Nexus :D
But I would never trade my Play. I use it more than my laptop, or KF.

Sent from my CM9 Kindle Fire

VictoryStar

Jan 13, 2012
Évora
My favourite phones at the moment are Xperia S and Galaxy Nexus, but Xperia Play was my first Android phone and none of the others would make me spend more than 70 euros.

TLRtheory

Aug 14, 2011
iPhone 4S, and an iControlPad attachment.

icontrolpad-08-24-2010.jpg

It's support is a joke compared to Xperia PLAY... but without the Xperia PLAY, that would definitely be top dog.

sufy1000

Oct 22, 2011
My first choice was a Xperia Arc S but then I saw the beast the Xperia Play so had to get it !

I like the Xperia Play I am definitely gonna keep it for another year or two until it gets really old and dated or maybe i'll just keep it for the emulators.

Last edited:

AndroHero

May 28, 2010
Manchester
I'd of got a Sensation XL ..... Oh wait, i got one anyway :D

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using Tapatalk

eksasol

Nov 22, 2009
I had the Note (gsm) which is the best Android device I've owned so far. I sold it since it doesn't support 1700mhz, then to only get the Play later, because the idea of slide out gamepad is too cool. I'm looking at the Galaxy SIII next naturally. Or wait until the Nexus completely lost its value and sell for $300 (its doing a very good job at losing value from 750 to 400 by now).

About the iControlPad. I dusted it off yesterday after being stored for nearly a year with the intention of selling it. At first, I didn't know how to set it up and could only get it to work with a few apps. I read the support page again and put it in SPP mode running with latest Bluez IME which made it work exactly like the Play gamepad, so it basically worked with all games that support hardware keys, even exact same keys configuration as the Play. If you put it in HID mode which is intended to work as gamepad for Mac and PC, it won't work correctly for Android. Also it has internal 4000mah battery, so you could get a male-male mini to microUSB cable from eBay for charging purposes. Not as portable as a slideout gamepad, but its a much better controller than other bluetooth alternative I've seen.

Last edited:

DanielEGVi

Nov 20, 2011
I'd get the Xperia Arc/S or Galaxy Nexus. But not for at least a year or two, I'm loving it! As for a tablet, if there wasn't a Galaxy Tab, I'd go for the Galaxy Note, or Transformer Prime. And perhaps the 3rd Gen iPad, but I would never forgive its non-open-source-ness, and not if I can't jailbreak it, THEN it could be actually worth it.

Sent from the best gaming android smartphone in the world with the best forum android app in the world ;)

L

LegionTHEFecalExcretion

The latest keyboard phone with a game-gripper most likely, thats what I used to use before the SexPlay came out.

Game-Gripper-On-Motorola-DROID.jpg

savage24x

Jul 5, 2011
iPhone 4 at the time. After I get an upgrade I'm getting the iPhone for sure.

Sent from my R800x using XDA

Top Liked Posts