[APP][4.1+][FREE] Shou.TV - Live Stream (Broadcast) Your Android Screen

Search This thread

souler456

Jan 18, 2013
Calamba, Laguna
Awwww... No for ICS?

Can you make this ICS Compatible? Or does ICS lacks specification that this app needs? :eek:

I tried those market apps, and none of them works well, but when I tried this one, it works! But I have to upgrade from my stable ICS to my unstable JB to do so... which sucks, since I hate my phone's JB-firmwared ROM (has issues)... :(

szzlgupta

Mar 15, 2013
New Delhi
I tried this app.. but the recording does not play at all, it says cannot play thia video. I tried mpeg4,mpeg2,3gpp, none works. And also I tried changing 720p to 480p but nothing.
Another thing I noticed was that my phone lagged a lot while shou ia recording.

Samsung Galaxy S Advance. CyanogenMod 10.1

MockingJay

Jul 20, 2011
Thanks!

1. Have you changed Shou's settings?

2. You must choose audio source as MIC or Internal to enable audio recording. The Internal source also requires you to enable stereo in most devices, just try it.

Thanks for trying! Please keep me updated.

I did the steps above and audio is still not being picked up internally. Thanks for the help, but maybe its my phone?

Sent from my XT1060 using xda app-developers app

vecio

Sep 17, 2013
vec.io
Can you make this ICS Compatible? Or does ICS lacks specification that this app needs? :eek:

I tried those market apps, and none of them works well, but when I tried this one, it works! But I have to upgrade from my stable ICS to my unstable JB to do so... which sucks, since I hate my phone's JB-firmwared ROM (has issues)... :(

In theory, ICS could be supported, but I don't have ICS devices right now. So I will support it once some critical bugs fixed.

vecio

Sep 17, 2013
vec.io
I did the steps above and audio is still not being picked up internally. Thanks for the help, but maybe its my phone?

Sent from my XT1060 using xda app-developers app

Thanks for the feedback. The internal audio source is a confirmed bug for some devices. I will release a fix soon.

However some devices just can't support this feature, I will try to detect the device to notify user friendly.

Reactions: MockingJay

vecio

Sep 17, 2013
vec.io
I tried this app.. but the recording does not play at all, it says cannot play thia video. I tried mpeg4,mpeg2,3gpp, none works. And also I tried changing 720p to 480p but nothing.

Samsung Galaxy S Advance. CyanogenMod 10.1

Thanks for the feedback.

I need some logcat output to help locate the exact problem. Could you please send log to shou@0xa7.com

To get logcat, you may find many useful manual from XDA, or find some logcat apps from Google Play.

vecio

Sep 17, 2013
vec.io
EDIT: I just tried running the app on my Nexus 4!
It definitely works and the video quality is great, however, it does not work when the audio source is set to internal (It says the recorder cannot start).
Anyway, thanks a lot for sharing the app with the XDA community!

P.S. What's the link to Google Play store? I might as well purchase it.

I just uploaded an update, you may patch your device from Shou's Settings -> Device to make the Internal audio source work.

Do remember to choose stereo channels before recording, set a high bitrate would help improve the audio quality.

If the patch can't work, try to reboot your device at first. Sorry for the inconvenience, you may need to reboot two times.

zsibisi

Sep 3, 2010
Huntington Beach,CA
Just gave it a go. Looks good so far but seemed to have a lot of lag when running it while it was recording, didn't test out the mirror yet but will post back when I can. All in all great work so far :)

Z.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

AppReviewBros

Feb 27, 2012
I just uploaded an update, you may patch your device from Shou's Settings -> Device to make the Internal audio source work.

Do remember to choose stereo channels before recording, set a high bitrate would help improve the audio quality.

If the patch can't work, try to reboot your device at first. Sorry for the inconvenience, you may need to reboot two times.

First of all, thanks for the update!
I did as you said, applied the patch, rebooted, but it did not work, so applied the patch again, rebooted again and now it works!

By the way, I can't hear the sound while recording, however, I can hear it in the video. It's not like it matters, I am just wondering if it's supposed to work that way.

Now, I will have to mess with the settings as sometimes noticeable slowdowns can be seen while recording.

JORDVN

Sep 28, 2013
Las Vegas
Keep getting "Patch failed" message. Unable to record any video at the moment. Nonetheless, looking forward to the development of this application. Keep up the great work! :thumbup:

Galaxy S4

Sent from my SGH-M919 using xda app-developers app

vecio

Sep 17, 2013
vec.io
First of all, thanks for the update!
I did as you said, applied the patch, rebooted, but it did not work, so applied the patch again, rebooted again and now it works!

By the way, I can't hear the sound while recording, however, I can hear it in the video. It's not like it matters, I am just wondering if it's supposed to work that way.

Now, I will have to mess with the settings as sometimes noticeable slowdowns can be seen while recording.

Yes, the internal audio recording will mute your device, this feature is intended to be mirror device to external speaker, so the device's speaker will be muted.

Reactions: AppReviewBros

vecio

Sep 17, 2013
vec.io
Keep getting "Patch failed" message. Unable to record any video at the moment. Nonetheless, looking forward to the development of this application. Keep up the great work! :thumbup:

Galaxy S4

Sent from my SGH-M919 using xda app-developers app

It seems Galaxy S4 doesn't need the patch at all. So it said failed.

Could you help by sending some logcat to shou@0xa7.com? Grab some logcat apps from Google Play to send logcat.

Thanks for trying.

vecio

Sep 17, 2013
vec.io
Just gave it a go. Looks good so far but seemed to have a lot of lag when running it while it was recording, didn't test out the mirror yet but will post back when I can. All in all great work so far :)

Glad to hear Shou will work on Galaxy S4. The lag is unavoidable, but according to my test, it's only a bit lag. Could you describe the level of "a lot of lag"?

If it lags too much, then some bugs may occurred. And have you changed any settings of Shou?

BTW, the mirror feature is not stable yet, so not included in current version.

thanks.

WhiteNeo

Feb 13, 2013
Thanks for the feedback.

I need some logcat output to help locate the exact problem. Could you please send log to shou@0xa7.com

To get logcat, you may find many useful manual from XDA, or find some logcat apps from Google Play.

I suppose the lags were caused by the device having nearly no more free RAM. Thus, Shou was killed by the native app killer despite being executed as foreground task..

Happened to me as well at the beginning. However, I fixed this issue using the Xposed module "App Settings", setting the "Resident" flag for Shou.

Now everything works - despite playing heavy-weight games :p

Sent from my LT25i using xda app-developers app

Reactions: vecio

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Shou.TV is a free screen recorder, can even broadcast the screen to https://shou.tv

No ads!

Android 5.0 Lollipop no root screen recording!

Android 4.x Jelly bean ROOT screen recording!

FREE at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=tv.shou.android

Direct APK link at https://shou.tv/d/Shou.apk

Compared to other screen recorders:

1. Free
    2. Unlimited time and size
    3. No ads
    4. No watermark
    5. Stable system API and hardware accelerated rendering and encoding
    6. Android Lollipop 5.0 support no root screen recording

The AirPlay screen mirror demo

Could you please try the updated v0.0.4? Thanks in advance.

It works now perfectly ! :)

thanks for fixing the issue, will use the app some time for a tutorial video!
    Whoa! This is amazing!
    Believe it or not, today I was searching for best ways to record the screen directly yet I didn't find anything!
    Now, I come home and see this!

This is what I call law of attraction!

EDIT: I just tried running the app on my Nexus 4!
    It definitely works and the video quality is great, however, it does not work when the audio source is set to internal (It says the recorder cannot start).
    Anyway, thanks a lot for sharing the app with the XDA community!

P.S. What's the link to Google Play store? I might as well purchase it.
    Hardware encoding seems to invert the colors (or at least black and white) on my Xperia V..

Sent from my LT25i using xda app-developers app
    Very nice screen recorder but I'm more interested to the mirroring feature. Any plan when it will be available for testing?
    Is it possible to mirror screen to a dlna compatible TV?