[ROM | WWE | 23563 | 11 Jul 2010 | XDA_UC] NATF Fuze v6.0 Standard (Lite/Sense soon)

Search This thread

Asigodia

May 22, 2009
Concord, NH
Numbers/ABC keyboard Issue

I'm having the same keyboard problem. I just lost access to my ABC layout.

Glad to see that I'm not alone. I was beginning to think it was just "operator alignment" on my part... :eek:

read this son ryan's ROM (RRE series), maybe this wuld help:

If you plan to use the HTC keyboard instead of finger keyboard you MUST uninstall the disable xt9 cab or you will get stuck in number mode eventually.

To make Finger Keyboard stay default you must set it with sipchange in settings.

Glad to see there may be a simple fix also... 5.7 maybe??? ;)

JVH3

Retired Recognized Developer
Nov 24, 2008
Minneapolis
www.twitter.com
resized dialer

I found this in a different thread. Haven't verified it, but it claims to get rid of the scroll bar on the dialer.

Here you go guys!!! Here's the link to dl the new resized for vga rhodium dialer!!

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=499076&page=205

and heres the link to dl the other needed file so theres no scroll bar in the dialer

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=499076&page=207

install all to device and soft reset and enjoy!!!

to Kwill you say you have my location working... what exactly is your set up?? can you have my location an your select city located at the same time or can you only use one?? idk my location doesn't pick up... but the thing that sucks if you use my location is that you no longer get the weather to show up in the calendar...

pd2mvj

Apr 24, 2005
Unable to dial any number :-(

Hello NATF and all; First of all my compliments for all the good work! But is it me or is there a (big) issue with the HTC Touch Pro v5.6 Standard ROM?
Because with this ROM I'm unable to dial any number!! The TALK button does not respond :-(
Dialing through the (bluetooth) carkit goes fine.
====
My device: HTC Touch Pro
====

pachis

May 18, 2007
Isle of Palms, SC
The only issue I've found with the onscreen keyboard is that you cannot switch xT9 to ABC unless you tap the key, and then switch to 123 and back. This doesn't actually cause any issues since xT9 is disabled anyway.

The switch is working fine for me, but if you made any tweaks related to disabling xT9 in the registry, you may have accidentally broke the keyboard.

I'm having same problem. Screen keyboard was working OK after flash to 5.6, then, w/o ANY registry tweaks or anything fancy on my part, it remains on "123" and will not switch to "ABC." Hardware keyboard seems to be OK. I have no xT9 key in the "123" screen.
NATF, I sincerely appreciate your sticking w/us in spite of our carrier.

ramrodz69

Dec 10, 2007
thanks

thanks for the great ROM. I had problems with activcsync too but it gave me and excuse to use your standard ROM with pointui 2.

How are you liking that TP2 ?

thanks again

NotATreoFan

Moderator Emeritus
don't work for me! now i can't dial anymore :(

Try the fix posted here.

Hello NATF and all; First of all my compliments for all the good work! But is it me or is there a (big) issue with the HTC Touch Pro v5.6 Standard ROM?
Because with this ROM I'm unable to dial any number!! The TALK button does not respond :-(
====
====

The Standard ROM includes the default WM dialer. Did you install another dialer?

I'm having same problem. Screen keyboard was working OK after flash to 5.6, then, w/o ANY registry tweaks or anything fancy on my part, it remains on "123" and will not switch to "ABC." Hardware keyboard seems to be OK. I have no xT9 key in the "123" screen.
NATF, I sincerely appreciate your sticking w/us in spite of our carrier.

This is quite strange. I'm aware there is a Disable xT9 CAB floating around which messes with the "COMP IME" registry entries, which causes the keyboard to get stuck in Numeric mode. Since I already discovered this the hard way back with WM6.1, I made sure not to include these changes.

thanks for the great ROM. I had problems with activcsync too but it gave me and excuse to use your standard ROM with pointui 2.

How are you liking that TP2 ?

thanks again

The TP2 is a very nice phone. I was shocked by how little bloatware Verizon included with it.

pachis

May 18, 2007
Isle of Palms, SC
Screen Keyboard stuck in Numeric Mode

Try the fix posted here.
This is quite strange. I'm aware there is a Disable xT9 CAB floating around which messes with the "COMP IME" registry entries, which causes the keyboard to get stuck in Numeric mode. Since I already discovered this the hard way back with WM6.1, I made sure not to include these changes.

Is there a registry entry or some sort of fix for this behavior then?
thanks,

player911

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 8, 2006
Cincinnati
www.SnapSiteAdmins.com
Try the fix posted here.

Is there a registry entry or some sort of fix for this behavior then?
thanks,

I don't think its the COMP IME reg entry because I actually disable xT9 during the cooking process and I still have users saying it gets stuck in number mode.

For example, my users said if they go into "Owner Info" and pull up the Keyboard, it gets stuck in number mode. They said it fixes itself if they go into Email and go to reply, which the QWERTY comes back which can then be used normally from then on.

So I think it just has something to do with an incompatibility with the EzInput package and WM6.5.1

thedogger

Jan 2, 2007
Hi NATF -

Getting the same program on v5.6 with keyboard stuck and numeric entry.

I'm interested in that Verizon Touch Pro 2 thing - you getting better coverage, better data speeds, but spending more money?

You planning on cooking ROMS for your Touch Pro 2?

stozmon

Jul 9, 2007
Columbus
New Rhodium Dialer fixes Tachi scrollbar issue!

I found this in a different thread. Haven't verified it, but it claims to get rid of the scroll bar on the dialer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRFERRARI23
Here you go guys!!! Here's the link to dl the new resized for vga rhodium dialer!!

http://xdaforums.com/show...99076&page=205

and heres the link to dl the other needed file so theres no scroll bar in the dialer

http://xdaforums.com/show...99076&page=207

install all to device and soft reset and enjoy!!!

I just wanted to verify that this is working brilliantly for me! Resizing is perfect, all buttons work and no more pesky scrollbar both on the dialpad and on the in-call screen, HOORAY! :D
I recommend this to everyone, especially those who have been driven mad by those damn scrollbars.

Last edited:

NotATreoFan

Moderator Emeritus
Hi NATF -

Getting the same program on v5.6 with keyboard stuck and numeric entry.

I'm interested in that Verizon Touch Pro 2 thing - you getting better coverage, better data speeds, but spending more money?

You planning on cooking ROMS for your Touch Pro 2?

I'm getting better coverage around my house, and data speeds are almost twice as fast. In theory, AT&T's 3G network is faster, but they also have zillions of iPhones dragging down the throughput.

I will be cooking ROMs for the Touch Pro2.

pd2mvj

Apr 24, 2005
Problem solved

Quote:
Originally Posted by pd2mvj
====
====

The Standard ROM includes the default WM dialer. Did you install another dialer?
=======================

I apologise! For some reason I managed to install the 5.5B Manila version :-(
In stead of the new 5.6 version (which works without a problem!).

It was a clean install and did not install any other dialler (or stuff). Even when I (really) flashed to v5.6 and flashed back v5.5B the problem came back.
But that is not relevant anymore :D

tinpanalley

Aug 20, 2008
Quebec City
5.5b question

I'm sorry that this is a 5.5b question but it's become frustrating...

Anyone noticing that their Fuze version of this ROM is constantly interrupting to ask for an update of the incoming email password and username? No matter what screen I'm on, a windows option screen comes up asking me to verify my password and username.

Any help??

pachis

May 18, 2007
Isle of Palms, SC
Screen Keyboard stuck in Numeric Mode

I don't think its the COMP IME reg entry because I actually disable xT9 during the cooking process and I still have users saying it gets stuck in number mode.
For example, my users said if they go into "Owner Info" and pull up the Keyboard, it gets stuck in number mode. They said it fixes itself if they go into Email and go to reply, which the QWERTY comes back which can then be used normally from then on.So I think it just has something to do with an incompatibility with the EzInput package and WM6.5.1

My onscreen QWERTY does NOT come back if, in EMAIL, I go to reply.

My onscreen QWERTY does NOT come back if, in EMAIL, I go to reply.
Me neither. I've given up on EZInput for now, and am using FingerKeyboard2 which is a very good alternative for now (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=501122).

The only other issues I have with v5.6 after a day or so of use are:

1. The grey window backgrounds on the Black Theme, rather than white. Too many apps assume they will be displayed on a white background, and so the grey looks a bit pants.

2. The "standard" version has no dialer, and so uses the Windows Mobile - it's not very flashy, but it's quick and it does the job.

3. The spacing around items to make it a bit more finger friendly seems quite large - I could put up with less, I think. Not sure if it's related, but I also notice that the menu in Outlook only scrolls down a tiny fraction on the first press of the down scroller (or the up scroller if you have already scrolled down).

Other than those small issues, this ROM seems really good. Thanks Todd!

Cheers,

Steve.

TheWeird1

Mar 15, 2009
behind my keyboard
Hello NATF,

First of all thanks for your great ROM's I realy like them!
Today I installed the 5.6 standard TP ROM and ran into a stange bug.
If you enable "display owner info" (Settings> Personal > Owner Information > Options > Identification information) and lock the device (no PIN enabled) you can not unlock it anymore. It is also imposible to anwser a incomming call. You can slide the "button" to left and right but nothing happens, you will need to softreset the phone to get back "in" to it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thank You for creating this amazing series of ROMs!!! I have been using v5.7 for quite a while now, and was planning on switching to 6.0 however was waiting for 6.1 since it was pending release. Have you had a chance to put it back together after your unfortunate hard drive crash or is 6.0 become the last official release in this series? Has anybody found any disadvantages to switching to 6.0 from 5.7?

Sadly 6.0 will be the final ROM released. I was never able to recover 100% of my data, and I've been so busy with work lately that I finally made the painful decision to part with my Fuze a couple weeks ago.