[APP] Xperia Z1/Ultra Launcher [NO ROOT][NO FLASH] with working Sony Stock Widgets

Search This thread

chewdaniel

Feb 27, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Dude, see my sig... I've got a XZL...

And the original Note apk is still installed and working fine on the stock Xperia Home. It just does not shows up in the Xperia Laucher widget drawer.

Sent from my C6503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

u do realise that the apps for Z and ZL are exactly the same thing... :rolleyes:

if u are already running JB then u only need to install the widget. u don't need to reinstall the apk which u already have

Tiu Fiu

Feb 28, 2012
São Paulo
u do realise that the apps for Z and ZL are exactly the same thing... :rolleyes:

if u are already running JB then u only need to install the widget. u don't need to reinstall the apk which u already have

You do realize that is exactly why asking here... :rolleyes:

And yet, the old (stock) widget does not shows up in the widget drawer and the new one (available at the ra3al's original thread) shows only that the "Note app is unavailable"... And yes, I am running the latest .67 4.2.2 JB firmware...

Check the original developer thread mentioned in OP and there is a link to Note widget there
Try that it should work for sure

I've downloaded the Note widget and the SemcNotes (JB) app from ra3al's original thread and installed the Note widget without any problem.

Now, the SemcNotes app is the real problem - since the OS did not allow me to install the app (I guess the stock app has the same ID with the Android OS itself), I uninstalled the stock app, installed the "new" SemcNotes app as a system app (giving the proper permissions) and it still didn't work. Tried pushing it through Terminal Emulator and still no joy.

And now I'm stuck here... Got any clues?

And thanks, by the way...

chewdaniel

Feb 27, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
ok this might sound silly but did u download the ICS widget or the JB widget cos i'm on 2.67 too and it works >.< all i did was install the widget

chewdaniel

Feb 27, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
hmm... odd then... cos the widget works for me... BUT i put everything as system apps... u guys might wanna try that... but do rename the files like "Z1NotesWidget.apk" or something to avoid your stock widgets being replaced

:::EDIT:::
i just downloaded the SemcNotes.apk from ra3al's thread and it's only 2.66MB... the stock SemcNotes.apk that i have in my phone is 12.94MB... and the .odex file is 2.11MB...
i'm guessing ra3al posted a deodexed file...

Last edited:
Reactions: Tiu Fiu

sanjulgupta

Jun 22, 2009
New Delhi
Motorola Edge 20 Pro
hmm... odd then... cos the widget works for me... BUT i put everything as system apps... u guys might wanna try that... but do rename the files like "Z1NotesWidget.apk" or something to avoid your stock widgets being replaced

i just downloaded the SemcNotes.apk from ra3al's thread and it's only 2.66MB... the stock SemcNotes.apk that i have in my phone is 12.94MB... and the .odex file is 2.11MB...

So I guess all those having a problem with widgets not working should try to put apps in system
Its easy you just need ROOT
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2458268

Reactions: Tiu Fiu

Tiu Fiu

Feb 28, 2012
São Paulo

So I guess all those having a problem with widgets not working should try to put apps in system
Its easy you just need ROOT
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2458268

I'll be damned, it worked... All I did was (again) use Titanium Backup's "Convert to System App" option on the NoteWidget (JB) app available at ra3el's original thread (faster than uninstalling and re-installing with Root Explorer). The widget disappeared and once I put it back there it was working again...

Thanks folks.

Best regards.

sonymp

Aug 28, 2010
Salerno
That's ok on Xperia ZL stock!
But it crash when I change the theme!

It's possible to have a instruments widget?

Last edited:

Nithin Ben

Feb 10, 2013
Bangalore
Xperia Z1/Ultra Launcher No Root No Flash required

Just simply install like an apk no root or flash required

Widgets working so far with just a simple install
  1. Weather Widget
  2. Clock Widget
  3. Photos & Videos Widget
  4. Recent Calls Widget
  5. Trying and testing more

Advantages of this Launcher
  1. Improved Smoothness
  2. Sidebar on appdrawer
  3. Auto Rotation
  4. New AppDrawer Icon on HomeScreen
  5. New Transitions

I found this mod originally here at http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2368506 So all the credit goes to @ra3al

Stock widgets will not work with this launcher
Download the one provided at the original thread (^)
thankyou @ra3al

Download all the apks from attachment Install like normak apk DONE!!

I would recommend to use this app as a system app if you have ROOT access for proper functioning of other widgets like fb, twitter etc.

HOW TO

1. Place the XperiaLauncher.apk at /system/app/
  2. Set permissons to -rw-r-r-
  3. Reboot
  4. DONE!!
Hi will it work on XS 4.1.2

Thanks

X-TERMINATOR

Jun 1, 2013

1. Weather Widget
  2. Clock Widget
  4. Recent Calls Widget

1. Improved Smoothness
  2. Sidebar on appdrawer
  3. Auto Rotation
  5. New Transitions

I found this mod originally here at http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2368506 So all the credit goes to @ra3al

thankyou @ra3al

I would recommend to use this app as a system app if you have ROOT access for proper functioning of other widgets like fb, twitter etc.

HOW TO

3. Reboot
  4. DONE!!

Hi, I download only weather widget on my Note 2. But it now work. Can I just install one widget without the launcher ? TY

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

1. Weather Widget
    2. Clock Widget
    4. Recent Calls Widget

1. Improved Smoothness
    2. Sidebar on appdrawer
    3. Auto Rotation
    5. New Transitions

thankyou @ra3al

HOW TO

3. Reboot
    4. DONE!!
    Latest Album Movies Walkman App

Enjoy the latest Album Movies Walkman App from Xperia Z1/Ultra

1. Album 5.1.A.0.9
    2. Movies 5.1.A.0.6
    3. Walkman 7.12.A.0.0

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2477165
    Real Multitasking Multiwindow

Enable real Multitasking with multiple window support for small apps on your xperia devices
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2476557
    Thankyou I have just posted the credit goes to the developer
    There are already other posts for Z1/Ultra launcher
    I found it worth posting because it doesnt require and root or flashing easy to install

Awesome! Is there any chance You can port Z1 camera for Odex stock rom? I have searched around but it seems all of them are just for Deodex roms :(
    Added to the post

What about the original weather widget? Is it possible to get it on this launcher, too?

...send from Xperia ZL C6503

Simple install like normal working 100% on my device
    See attachments
    More widgets under testing