[STOCK ROM] Official Packages

Search This thread

kdkinc

Jul 27, 2009
Inverness, Florida
excuse me guys..... I've a serious problem with my a100. After a bad recovery tool installation the tablet doesn't start anymore. I've tried recovery console without results. Now I've installed the upgrade utility from recovery but it need the cpu id of my device.... where's this number?????

On the side of the box you saved I hope ?? also on the Acer site if you registered the unit.

Sep 5, 2009
On the side of the box you saved I hope ?? also on the Acer site if you registered the unit.

No, none of them. I've solved anyway. ( I was almost crying :( )

I was lucky doing this way:
erased sd, put update.zip in it, powered up the tab with power button+volume left (or right, or both, i don't remember, try any combination if you need to). Than at top left instead of "spin forerver" there was mounting kernel and something about update.zip. Android logo appeared with gears within it and a progress bar. 10 minutes after I've got back my tab to life without any change, as I left it before this problem. Seem that was solved only the problem with the recovery console and any data/setting was still there.

Thanks for the quick reply. I will register it as soon as possible.

I've tried to obtain the cpu id with USBDeview. The number I've obtained I think was the correct cpu id but EUUs output me that was wrong.......

DViolet

Dec 3, 2010
Hi, I search people for test custom ROM for A100. I don't have this device and can't test myself.

If this interested please send PM. If test be success i released this ROM on forum.

wicced247

Sep 30, 2011
Hi, I search people for test custom ROM for A100. I don't have this device and can't test myself.

If this interested please send PM. If test be success i released this ROM on forum.

I would use mine if I had another but this is my only device right now... hope someone more fortunate than me helps and thanks for the effort

Sent from Wicced's rooted A100 16gb HoneyComb 3.2 using XDA PREMIUM

6stringandy

Feb 9, 2011
Macon, GA
Not willing to test until we have a proven working custom recovery that I can make full backups with. Once wee have one of those, I'm all for it! :)
Keep me on speed dial!

ummmmm............ could you repeat that?

manipdara

Feb 26, 2009
i just got this tablet from a friend a few days ago and it has been stuck on the android logo since then. I have tried to manually flash the files from a microsd card. By pressing power and volume up key, it loads up the update.zip file and android gears are moving as usual, but at about 80% the gears stop but the installation finishes up. The tablet then restarts and would go back to the same android loading screen. am i doing something wrong? any help is appreciated. thanks

Sep 5, 2009
i just got this tablet from a friend a few days ago and it has been stuck on the android logo since then. I have tried to manually flash the files from a microsd card. By pressing power and volume up key, it loads up the update.zip file and android gears are moving as usual, but at about 80% the gears stop but the installation finishes up. The tablet then restarts and would go back to the same android loading screen. am i doing something wrong? any help is appreciated. thanks[/QUOTE

My experience was something similar to yours. But after the update.zip in the sd it was ok. I think that the only thing you can try is to insert in the sd another version of the update.zip.....

Ceelos09

Apr 18, 2011
i just got this tablet from a friend a few days ago and it has been stuck on the android logo since then. I have tried to manually flash the files from a microsd card. By pressing power and volume up key, it loads up the update.zip file and android gears are moving as usual, but at about 80% the gears stop but the installation finishes up. The tablet then restarts and would go back to the same android loading screen. am i doing something wrong? any help is appreciated. thanks

Maybe u had a bad download of the stock ROM? Try redownloading the file and re-updating ur A100 with it. If it still doesn't work, try another one of the stock ROMs and re-try the update.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

vatovec

Jan 31, 2009
Belgrade
I'm still a bit of a newbie with this tab, and I have a question about the flashing:
1. How do I go in to recovery on a100? I got in to recovery with "adb reboot recovery" but there was just an android logo and nothing else, how can flash these roms through recovery?

2. APX mode? How can I use it? How can I flash ROM with this?

Thnx!

aznmode

Jun 23, 2007
I'm still a bit of a newbie with this tab, and I have a question about the flashing:
1. How do I go in to recovery on a100? I got in to recovery with "adb reboot recovery" but there was just an android logo and nothing else, how can flash these roms through recovery?

2. APX mode? How can I use it? How can I flash ROM with this?

Thnx!

Download the file and put in root of an SD card. Put the tablet in recovery by turning it off first. Then holding volume down (the button closer to the power button side) then press power to turn it on. When it boots keep holding the volume till you see it go into recovery (release volume button) and it will look for the update.zip file in the sd card and update your device. You will see the green android with green gears moving along with a progress bar at the bottom. When it's finished your phone will boot back.

Now does anyone know where to get 3.2.1? It looks like the a100 version in the link is still 3.2

Reactions: vatovec

cris

Nov 20, 2006
NY
Hoping somewhere he can help. My A100 is getting stuck at the ANDROID screen after the acer logo. I have tried the update.zip method with a freshly formatted SD card. I have also tried the APX method, whenever I try this the CPU ID I got from usbdeview in w.e format with or without the 0x0 or just 0 it always says invalid and then just stops. Has anyone actually confirmed that APX restore will work on the A100?

Edit:
Almost forgot, while stuck on the android screen I am able to connect it to adb and so some basic stuff. shell, copy files to certain folders, etc...

Last edited:

cris

Nov 20, 2006
NY
Sweet, thanks, downloading as I type this. Hope I can get this tab up and running again or I'm gonna have to return it...

aznmode

Jun 23, 2007
the Multiupload files both are corrupted after I download. Cant open or the tab give an error when trying to install to phone. Is this legit?

EDIT:
Ok so doing more googling I found the update.zip is encrypted by Acer. You will need to use this decrypting tool.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1099673

Rename the original downloaded file from the multiupload link to just "update" or whatever you want to call it. The decrypter couldnt find the file till I shortened the name. Open the decrypter and select "input". Look for the renamed zip file and press "Start". The output will be transferred to the same directory as the original but up to you if you want to change output directory. Somehow the decrypter slowed down my windows XP so I had to close everything but the decrypter. The new file will be called in my case "updatedecrypted.zip". Unzip the file and inside you will find a txt file, AMSS.zip, and an update.zip. This update.zip is what you want to copy to the root of your sd card.

So again to flash:
1. Turn off tablet
2. Hold the top volume button close to power button first then press the POWER button.
3. Wait for the text in the corner of the screen to show up so you know it's going to recovery.
4. Release both buttons.
5. You will see the green android with moving gears and progress bar on the bottom.
6. Sit and wait......
7. The progress bar will all of a sudden stop at about 85% of the way. DONT PANIC and DONT start holding the power button to reset it.
8. The progress bar will stay in that spot for about a minute then the tablet will reboot.
9. The tablet will be stuck at the "android" screen for a while (I think about 3 minutes) again dont panic and just wait. Eventually it will boot completely.
10. Now jump and down, scream and shout with joy that you are now on 3.2.1. Ofcourse you can always go to setting to confirm before you rejoice.
11. I would probably recommend doing factory reset.
12. Last but not least thank the appropriate people that provided the links and the decrypter.

Link to decrypted update.zip file.

Update: I was still able to root using terminal emulator.

Last edited:

painter_

Dec 10, 2006
North Eastern Ohio
Note to self:
Unzip the su.zip that you placed in mnt/sdcard folder.
idiot:mad:

I had the same type of problem, I did unzip the su binary and put it in the root of my SD card. I forgot that on the A100 the mount point is /mnt/external_sd not /sdcard. took me an half an hour to figure out why I could not copy the SU binary to /system/xbin.

facepalm moment.

goofball2k

Oct 5, 2010
Ottawa
the Multiupload files both are corrupted after I download. Cant open or the tab give an error when trying to install to phone. Is this legit?

EDIT:
Ok so doing more googling I found the update.zip is encrypted by Acer. You will need to use this decrypting tool.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1099673

Rename the original downloaded file from the multiupload link to just "update" or whatever you want to call it. The decrypter couldnt fine the file till I shortened the name. Open the decrypter and select "input". Look for the renamed zip file and press "Start". The output will be transferred to the same directory as the original but up to you if you want to change output directory. Somehow the decrypter slowed down my windows XP so I had to close everything but the decrypter. The new file will be called in my case "updatedecrypted.zip". Unzip the file and inside you will find a txt file, AMSS.zip, and an update.zip. This update.zip is what you want to copy to the root of your sd card.

So again to flash:
1. Turn off tablet
2. Hold the top volume button close to power button first then press the POWER button.
3. Wait for the text in the corner of the screen to show up so you know it's going to recovery.
4. Release both buttons.
5. You will see the green android with moving gears and progress bar on the bottom.
6. Sit and wait......
7. The progress bar will all of a sudden stop at about 85% of the way. DONT PANIC and DONT start holding the power button to reset it.
8. The progress bar will stay in that spot for about a minute then the tablet will reboot.
9. The tablet will be stuck at the "android" screen for a while (I think about 3 minutes) again dont panic and just wait. Eventually it will boot completely.
10. Now jump and down, scream and shout with joy that you are now on 3.2.1. Ofcourse you can always go to setting to confirm before you rejoice.
11. I would probably recommend doing factory reset.
12. Last but not least thank the appropriate people that provided the links and the decrypter.

Link to decrypted update.zip file.

Update: I was still able to root using terminal emulator.

Is there a good reason to go 3.2.1 from 3.2? And the update.zip file you have attached will put 3.2.1 on the A100?

aznmode

Jun 23, 2007
Is there a good reason to go 3.2.1 from 3.2? And the update.zip file you have attached will put 3.2.1 on the A100?

I'm actually going back and forth between 3.2 and 3.2.1 to see any type of difference. From what I understand on another forum that 3.2 has some headset issue. I have to go look for the thread.

I also read in the chinese forum (using google translate) that 3.2.1 has better battery management.

And yes the update.zip I attached will put 3.2.1 on your device.

Last edited:

dharr18

Jul 6, 2010
Just wondering, if they are encrypting the updates...does that mean the update.zip is not signed? Of if the encryption software might hold a clue to the encrypted bootloader.

Might have tO dO sOme PLaying here In a bIt. :D

How the heck did I type like that?

Top Liked Posts