[ROM] 11/23/11 | Fresh Evo 4.3.3 | OTA 4.54.651.1 | Carrier IQ Removed | Read More

Search This thread

flipzmode

Retired Recognized Developer
Jan 21, 2009
geekfor.me
0bN4j.png

Geek For Me is proud to release:

Fresh Evo 4.3.3 for your Sprint Evo 4g

Base: OTA_Supersonic_4.54.651.1

HbZsX.png

From 4.2.2 to 4.3.3:
  • Included V6 SuperCharger in /system/xbin/V6_SuperCharger_u8.sh for those who want to use it.
    • Thanks to zeppelinrox for this. I am NOT the dev and won't be supporting any questions with this script as it's extensive. Please visit the original thread if you have any.
  • Updated Fresh Updater (v1.4.0) to rename themes to mods.
    • Added some helpful text prompts to hopefully alleviate questions from when people don't read the FAQ. :)
    • Removed some deprecated options to clean up the menus
    • Fixed bug where it wouldn't reboot automatically on the evo
  • Downgraded busybox to 1.18.2 to resolve some scripting issues
  • Updated Vending/Market to 3.3.12
  • Updated SuperUser to 3.0.7

Not every mod in this rom is outlined here if it was done in a previous version. It contains all the Fresh goodies as outlined in the Fresh Evo changelog: http://link.geekfor.me/evochangelog

3oG0H.png

• Why am I getting FC’s on gmail/market/voice search/whatever?
    • FC’s can be a common issue when /system/app contains an app that you already have on /data/app. So if you get a FC on gmail, the market, or something similar, then it can generally be fixed 99.99% of the time by either wiping that particular apps data (Settings < Manage Applications < All < YOUR APP < Clear Data), or going in and uninstalling it which will actually force it to use the one /system/app.
    • Or, of course, can be fixed 100% of the time by doing a full data wipe before installing! I have verified this rom as 100% FC free (at boot at least) so if you have issues, it’s your particular setup.
  • Why do I get invalid signature when flashing?
    • This zip is signed the same as I’ve signed every other rom for the last 2.5 years but was getting invalid signature from TWRC 1.1.1. So make sure signature checking is disabled. You can compare the md5 below to make sure your download is good though.
  • Is this Ice Cream Sandwich? It says it’s version 4.x?
    • No. This is version 4.x of Fresh Rom. The Android version is always in my change log and unless it’s tagged as a dev rom, will always be the newest official OTA, or possibly a beta tag for a leaked OTA.
  • How do I setup V6 SuperCharger?
  • How do I remove Carrier IQ / CIQ?

N4dO9.png

• I always listen to the community as a whole and if enough people want something then I will generally add it to my rom. So feel free to ask. However if it's something that only a few people want then I request that you do it yourself and submit a mod/theme/patch for the others to use! :)

ME0p9.png

• None that are caused by Fresh.

Rmj8X.png

Install Notes: This update does not require a data wipe if you are on a stock-ish Sprint/Sense rom or on a previous version of fresh. If you are coming from another rom then a wipe may be required. Always perform a nandroid backup before flashing.
Donors: No changes from the one sent out to you.

OWrUl.png

• Post any questions/issues below
  • Post on my site at http://geekfor.me
  • Please don’t email or pm me directly for support as that doesn’t help the next person who has that question. I also get a ton of email. Thanks.
Fair warning: if you ask me something that is already answered in the forum, the change log, or these release notes, then I'm going to ignore it. Sorry.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

Rippley05

May 11, 2010
I'm glad people are starting to remove carrier IQ. That stuff annoys me. Mainly because it is junk that's running and eating my battery without my consent!

Bravo =)

akarol

Jun 16, 2010
Orlando
Looking good. Trying it this weekend. If its anything like your other releases, this thing will sip on the battery.

dcmasta

Jun 17, 2010
Tampa Bay, FL
Thats really funny, I was looking at some of the dev's activity on the forums and noticed flip hasn't put out a rom in a while. you sneaky sneak bastard you. Will flash tonight see how I like it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    0bN4j.png

Geek For Me is proud to release:

Fresh Evo 4.3.3 for your Sprint Evo 4g

Base: OTA_Supersonic_4.54.651.1

HbZsX.png

From 4.2.2 to 4.3.3:
    • Included V6 SuperCharger in /system/xbin/V6_SuperCharger_u8.sh for those who want to use it.
      • Thanks to zeppelinrox for this. I am NOT the dev and won't be supporting any questions with this script as it's extensive. Please visit the original thread if you have any.
    • Updated Fresh Updater (v1.4.0) to rename themes to mods.
      • Added some helpful text prompts to hopefully alleviate questions from when people don't read the FAQ. :)
      • Removed some deprecated options to clean up the menus
      • Fixed bug where it wouldn't reboot automatically on the evo
    • Downgraded busybox to 1.18.2 to resolve some scripting issues
    • Updated Vending/Market to 3.3.12
    • Updated SuperUser to 3.0.7

Not every mod in this rom is outlined here if it was done in a previous version. It contains all the Fresh goodies as outlined in the Fresh Evo changelog: http://link.geekfor.me/evochangelog

3oG0H.png

• Why am I getting FC’s on gmail/market/voice search/whatever?
      • FC’s can be a common issue when /system/app contains an app that you already have on /data/app. So if you get a FC on gmail, the market, or something similar, then it can generally be fixed 99.99% of the time by either wiping that particular apps data (Settings < Manage Applications < All < YOUR APP < Clear Data), or going in and uninstalling it which will actually force it to use the one /system/app.
      • Or, of course, can be fixed 100% of the time by doing a full data wipe before installing! I have verified this rom as 100% FC free (at boot at least) so if you have issues, it’s your particular setup.
    • Why do I get invalid signature when flashing?
      • This zip is signed the same as I’ve signed every other rom for the last 2.5 years but was getting invalid signature from TWRC 1.1.1. So make sure signature checking is disabled. You can compare the md5 below to make sure your download is good though.
    • Is this Ice Cream Sandwich? It says it’s version 4.x?
      • No. This is version 4.x of Fresh Rom. The Android version is always in my change log and unless it’s tagged as a dev rom, will always be the newest official OTA, or possibly a beta tag for a leaked OTA.
    • How do I setup V6 SuperCharger?
    • How do I remove Carrier IQ / CIQ?

N4dO9.png

• I always listen to the community as a whole and if enough people want something then I will generally add it to my rom. So feel free to ask. However if it's something that only a few people want then I request that you do it yourself and submit a mod/theme/patch for the others to use! :)

ME0p9.png

• None that are caused by Fresh.

Rmj8X.png

Install Notes: This update does not require a data wipe if you are on a stock-ish Sprint/Sense rom or on a previous version of fresh. If you are coming from another rom then a wipe may be required. Always perform a nandroid backup before flashing.
    Donors: No changes from the one sent out to you.

OWrUl.png

• Post any questions/issues below
    • Post on my site at http://geekfor.me
    • Please don’t email or pm me directly for support as that doesn’t help the next person who has that question. I also get a ton of email. Thanks.
    Fair warning: if you ask me something that is already answered in the forum, the change log, or these release notes, then I'm going to ignore it. Sorry.

Road map for next version:
    • All changes included in newest release
    Bump for the 4.1.1.0 release. Thanks to all the donors and testers! <3
    Bump for new release!
    Bump for new release!