[TOOL] WP7 Easy Backup Tool (BETA)

Search This thread

TrashSlash

Apr 17, 2012
Barranquilla
with this app i can backup the phone without problems but i cant restore it later, when i try to restore and the process finish just still the same in the beginning of the process

konker

Jan 9, 2006
Stuck at 0% for a long time...

I'm running DFT's [DFT]Freedom ROM for Samsung Focus Rev 1.3 V1 on my Samsung Focus SGH-i917R (1st Gen).
I've ran a backup of my ROM before a year ago & now am planning to backup again before performing some updates.
However, my phone is stuck at 0% forever & does not seem to make any progress.
There's no progress bar on my phone (a crossed out arrow in the direction of the phone) & a look at the restore point in the default backup folder reveals an empty folder.
Can someone point me in the right direction to make this backup work?
Attached is the latest log.txt from the backup (which is still running).
Thanks!

Konker

boril

May 9, 2006
Sofia
I'm running DFT's [DFT]Freedom ROM for Samsung Focus Rev 1.3 V1 on my Samsung Focus SGH-i917R (1st Gen).
I've ran a backup of my ROM before a year ago & now am planning to backup again before performing some updates.
However, my phone is stuck at 0% forever & does not seem to make any progress.
There's no progress bar on my phone (a crossed out arrow in the direction of the phone) & a look at the restore point in the default backup folder reveals an empty folder.
Can someone point me in the right direction to make this backup work?
Attached is the latest log.txt from the backup (which is still running).
Thanks!

Konker

Hi Konker,

I use this http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2010135 BACKUP app.
So for 2 changes of my ROM without loosing any important information !

Reactions: konker

XxAndrexX

Jul 25, 2009
hi i have a problem.
I was taking a shower and water got into my LG optimus 7.
so it began to get crazy and start the cam, upper and lower volume like obsessed, and I turned it off.
I dried it out and switched on, and it said, coldbooting.
Big mess, al my data was gone.
now I want to restore from a zune restore point. do I have some chances??
zune tells me, this phone can't be restored, no restore points. its a lie, because I shortly got the WP7.8 update
maybe with this program??
thanks

duongtm

Oct 4, 2010
Problem again, program doesn't do anything after clicked Backup button. It shown "There was a known problem with your Windows Phone Support Tools. Do you want to open the MSKB to get the fix?" If Yes a webpage appear, if No nothing happened.

Could you pls check again? I am using Dynamic V2 by ultrashot

thank you

dazza9075

Jul 22, 2007
Suffolk
hi i have a problem.

I was taking a shower and water got into my LG optimus 7.

so it began to get crazy and start the cam, upper and lower volume like obsessed, and I turned it off.

I dried it out and switched on, and it said, coldbooting.

Big mess, al my data was gone.

now I want to restore from a zune restore point. do I have some chances??

zune tells me, this phone can't be restored, no restore points. its a lie, because I shortly got the WP7.8 update

maybe with this program??

thanks
there's reason to believe that not only is a backup device specific but its also build specific, ie, hard reset and it won't work, the Zune backup was not meant to be anything more than recovery from a rom upgrade **** up

Sent from my SGH-i937 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

JIeBKA

Feb 9, 2010
Belgorod
Can I read backup using PC? I need my recently added contacts and SMS, because I've broken the screen on a device. Phone is working, but the screen is black with some stripes on it...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello XDA-Community,

I am back with a new tool for Windows Phone 7 (<3).

The WP7 Easy Backup Tool allows WP7 users to create or restore a backup on the easy way and without hacking skills. The tools wraps the Windows Phone Support Tools to create or restore updates, that means backups are 100% Zune compatible.

This software is still in development, but there is already an stable version.
    I've tested with my HD7 and HD2 (depends on the ROM), more test devices would be nice.

This tool requires .NET 3.5, Zune 4.8.2345.0 and Windows Phone Support Tools

WP7EB_5.png

Successful tested on:
    • HTC HD7 (original HTC ROM)
    • HTC HD2 (Back to the Future ROM, xmb Rom 7740.16)
    • HTC 7 Mozart
    • HTC Arrive
    • HTC Titan
    • Samsung i917
    • Dell Venue Pro
    • Samsung Omnia 7 (I8700)
    • Nokia Lumia 800
    • Samsung Focus S

WARNING: The Tool didn't cares about previous backups! Please save your backups as first step.
    Your backup should be stored here: "%localappdata%\Microsoft\Windows Phone Update\"

WARNING #2: THE BACKUP PROCESS COULD LEAD TO A FAILURE ON CUSTOM ROMS! ZUNE AND ZUNE UPDATES NEED TO BE SUPPORTED BY YOUR CUSTOM ROM.

HINT: The backup process could take up to 1h depending on your device.

IF YOU STUCK DURING THE BACKUP PROCESS IT'S NOT NECESSARY TO HARDRESET. REMOVE YOUR BATTERY AND BOOT NORMAL. (Sorry rubbish ;()

Use this software at your own risk :)

Please give me feedback on bugs or feature requests.

You found a bug? Okay, I need a description, device informations and your Zune version to kill that thing :)

DOWNLOAD

If you get the message: "There was a known problem with your Windows Phone Support Tools. Do you want to open the Microsoft Knowledge Base to get fix?" follow this instructions! Otherwise you can download the Windows Phone Support Tools here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=20161548&postcount=40
    This Tool does full backup how Zune?

Looks nice and simple!
    BTW, people who are asking about restoring to different phones: This is just a way to force a Zune-style backup at any time. These backups, really more properly called Restore Points, are specific to the device they are made from and won't even work on another device of the same model - it must be the same piece of hardware.

Well, unless the OP has done way more magic than I see. Great and useful app, but not (AFAIK) so completely groundbreaking as to get around the restore point per-device encryption.
    notice the bold part
    Yes, sir :D

what ROM were u using on HD2?

Back to the Future - Updateable ROM by Yuki / XBMod