[ROM][PORT][12 Feb 2012] MIUI.us - 2.2.3 beta4 - Sensation port (Android4.0 look)

Search This thread

AgentCherryColla

Jan 15, 2012
Carpentersville
chrome doesn't even show up in the market in order to download, so pretty sure its true that its just the ICS themed miui, but the build number is on the latest from miui, well one of them since its updated every week..

hopefully we get miui ICS soon. XD

i love miui sooooo much, the themeing is just so ridiculous and all the tiny "tricks" ive just been so used to.. but ICS deff takes miui so i'll be switchin back to that.. :/

I know, all Apps in Folders. Keep the most used out.
Download Alt App Drawer.

BAMN!!!!!! Flucking amazing.

But I'm seeing more battery Drain on your Rom TB. But I enjoy the latest Version. :D Worth it. Hope you can get ICS MIUI.US soon. If not, I'll try :D

Sent from my MIUI.us Sensation 4G using Tapatalk

shady503403

Jul 23, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
I know, all Apps in Folders. Keep the most used out.
Download Alt App Drawer.

BAMN!!!!!! Flucking amazing.

But I'm seeing more battery Drain on your Rom TB. But I enjoy the latest Version. :D Worth it. Hope you can get ICS MIUI.US soon. If not, I'll try :D

yeah i have only 3 folders..

"unused"- obvious space waisters or apps idc to use.
"apps"- all my app besides the few i put on my homescreen
"tools" any app thats an actual tool, setcpu, rootexplorer etc.

keeps it pretty simple and easy for me to find everythin, i used miui on my g2 for the longest time and just hate sense with the greatest passion, so comin to this phone when there was only 2 roms sucked, but now this phones blowing up. its so nice to have options. =D

if only my "?" worked now.... ;)

im using unity va1 kernel, everything works well, i'll see how battery life is, deff nothing compared to ics, but gotta start somewhere.. :D

zaxondis

Aug 11, 2010
New York City
chrome doesn't even show up in the market in order to download, so pretty sure its true that its just the ICS themed miui, but the build number is on the latest from miui, well one of them since its updated every week..

hopefully we get miui ICS soon. XD

i love miui sooooo much, the themeing is just so ridiculous and all the tiny "tricks" ive just been so used to.. but ICS deff takes miui so i'll be switchin back to that.. :/
Yeah, definitely ICS-themed GB. Not bad, but can't get used to MIUI really. Back to AOSPish for me.

AgentCherryColla

Jan 15, 2012
Carpentersville
Yeah, definitely ICS-themed GB. Not bad, but can't get used to MIUI really. Back to AOSPish for me.

I'm loving MIUI.US, I was an iOS/Android user on and off. That's why the Icon, and Launcher don't bother me. I've used Android Since the G1, and iOS Since the iPhone 2G. So I favor them both. I'm loving it, just screw with the settings. My phone boot sound is the Regular shot "Ohhhhhhhhh". Its amazing :D

:: MIUI.us Doubleshot ::

zaxondis

Aug 11, 2010
New York City
I'm loving MIUI.US, I was an iOS/Android user on and off. That's why the Icon, and Launcher don't bother me. I've used Android Since the G1, and iOS Since the iPhone 2G. So I favor them both. I'm loving it, just screw with the settings. My phone boot sound is the Regular shot "Ohhhhhhhhh". Its amazing :D

:: MIUI.us Doubleshot ::
Haha nice. I'll definitely have to take if for a proper spin. Perhaps over the weekend when I can sit around and fiddle with my phone for hours.

dillalade

Sep 28, 2009
Richmond
Apart from the insane amount of customisation avaiable with this, I don't like it.

Too much like iphone UI, lack of launcher/App drawer is lame in my opinion.

However this is great work in getting this out for those that favour this type of rom.

AOSP all the way for me ;)

[* PyroIce ICS on dShot/MT4gS *]

wiswis

Aug 17, 2011
Apart from the insane amount of customisation avaiable with this, I don't like it.

However this is great work in getting this out for those that favour this type of rom.

Use a diffrent launcher

Sent from my MIUI.us Doubleshot using Tapatalk

AgentCherryColla

Jan 15, 2012
Carpentersville

Using ADW, or another launcher gets rid of a lot of the "iPhone" style.

dillalade

Sep 28, 2009
Richmond
That's what I did, now I'm hooked. I'm going to recalibrate the battery using the stock kernel. See if I can get better battery life. But I'm using Unity va1.

Let me know if it compares to the ~36hours that I receive with PyroICS/Anker combination????

Otherwise I will stick, battery levels mean more to me then pretty customisations.

Thanks in advance

AgentCherryColla

Jan 15, 2012
Carpentersville
Let me know if it compares to the ~36hours that I receive with PyroICS/Anker combination????

Otherwise I will stick, battery levels mean more to me then pretty customisations.

Thanks in advance

True that Xo The Wife and I haven't been texting so much as where swamped with school and work. So I barely use my phone now.

But you only get 36 hours wth an Anker? I get 30 hours stock, with heavy use. Xo

tbalden

Recognized Developer
True that Xo The Wife and I haven't been texting so much as where swamped with school and work. So I barely use my phone now.

But you only get 36 hours wth an Anker? I get 30 hours stock, with heavy use. Xo

Only 36? Lol, that's amazing imho :D I think you joke xD

sent from HTC Doubleshot pyroiced

dillalade

Sep 28, 2009
Richmond

30hours stock battery w/ heavy use.
That's straight up lieing dude!

Whatever floats your boat I guess.

Yeap I get 36hours with anker, legit!

AgentCherryColla

Jan 15, 2012
Carpentersville
30hours stock battery w/ heavy use.
That's straight up lieing dude!

Whatever floats your boat I guess.

Yeap I get 36hours with anker, legit!

Ok mabey 28, but I get more than a days use. I charge my phone every other day :D

192 Min, 918 Max Omdemand General

192 Min, 342 Max Powersave Screen

192, 592 Max Interactive In Call

192 Min, 192 Max Powersave. Time 11pm - 7Am.

BAMN! I'm going to flash the ICS Rom, cause I'm going to Chicago for the car show. I'll post an easy 26 hours Min! TB is a God, he can make a *****en UV Kernel.

dung8604

Sep 8, 2010
I can get around thirty hours or so, normal use. What's "heavy" for you guys? For me its like playing games, music, with screen on close to 70% of the time.

I'm so hooked on pyro ice, but I may play with this a bit. Tbalden's kernel for pyro ice is so freaking awesome, though.

AgentCherryColla

Jan 15, 2012
Carpentersville
I can get around thirty hours or so, normal use. What's "heavy" for you guys? For me its like playing games, music, with screen on close to 70% of the time.

I'm so hooked on pyro ice, but I may play with this a bit. Tbalden's kernel for pyro ice is so freaking awesome, though.

Heavy is Music, Text, Calls. No Push Email. I check my email via iPod. I listen to about 3 hours of music, on a normal day 1000+ Text. 1 hour of Wifi, and 1 to 2 hours of calls.

wiswis

Aug 17, 2011
How does this compare with the other miui rom

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    MIUI.us 2.2.3 (ICS look) , Port from Sensation

All credits to MIUI.us team.

This is just a port.

Thanks to:
    - MIUI.us
    - kornyone for his GB kernel
    - daniel60104 for his port of GB rom, inspiring this
    - JKILO for his ideas about keyboard remapping.

Finally found out that some garbage was left in my doubleshot keylayout. Removing those and using doubleshot original keychars kcm bin made the hw keyboard work.

INSTEAD OF TRACKPAD WAKE, USE MENU BUTTON, THIS IS MENU WAKE INSTEAD.

What doesnt work:
    - FM Radio
    - Sym and www keys
    - Don't boot it while USB is plugged in. Prevents booting. (Might be just Bootmanager Pro that i use)
    ...you tell

I won't support this ROM, MIUI.us is deving the ROM. If I get there I might update this once in a while, or someone else surely will.

Notice:
    - it's using adreno200 drivers (not 220, the new leak), and reports itself as Android 2.3.7 in MIUI About Phone. No idea if it's true ICS. But the whole look of it is ICS blue.
    - it's bootmanager pro compatible, booted this as a secondary rom.
    - recommended is to install the ICS keyboard from market, the keyboard is Sensation screen optimized, so hard to press the buttons (or you can fall back to HW keyboard instead)

DOWNLOAD:
    LINK: http://www.4shared.com/zip/dxcUTxKQ/miui_ics-223-beta-sensation-po.html
    md5sum: ebd1a5be08a199dfeb2bee4561f911b3

Full wipe, flash from CWM recovery.

Hit the thanks button if you like this port. Go and Donate to MIUI and MIUI.us. http://roms.miui.us/romsnippet.php?device=pyramid

Follow me on twitter @illespal

UPDATES:

Fix for some missing buttons: secondary hw keyboard Home/Menu/Search/Back button support:
    http://www.4shared.com/zip/74ld4mz9/tbaldens-keyboard-miui-gb-01-f.html (it's name is GB, i did it for the GB miui version first, doesnt matter, works for this ROM as well)
    reserved for later use, logs, screenshots

5e15a7e1-b87f-2c96.jpg

5e15a7e1-b88f-e1c8.jpg

5e15a7e1-b89d-23da.jpg

5e15a7e1-b8a9-ba27.jpg
    I can't find my back up Xo

Off Topicish. I can't use the Opensensation Port as a MIUI v4 base. I've been working on porting over RD's MIUI v4.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk
    First..... Thanks for the rom so far so good on your roms man keep up the good work
    just added to the OP a flashable fix for secondary Home/Menu/Back/Search buttons.