[ROM][WIP][PREVIEW] CyanogenMod 10.0 Preview! [Updated 18-08-2012 - NIGHTLIES]

Search This thread

tedr108

Dec 3, 2011
Los Angeles area, CA
Nothing really useful to report, but this ROM is running well for me. Can't download from Media Fire at my current location, so I guessed and loaded the 7/11 JB Gapps. Seems to be fine ... Google Now working nicely. Thanks for this...

fifasarajevo

Feb 6, 2011
Ahhhhhhh.... That's how I reacted in an office at work when I saw this..... Well done CM as soon as I get home I'm flashing this :-D

Sent from my EVO using xda premium

knives of ice

Jul 12, 2007
Xiaomi Mix Fold 2
if you want to use the keyboard without the touchscreen keyboard popping up download NULL keyboard in the market. make sure to select and switch to null keyboard before docking your prime because if you try to change keyboards when docked it auto closes and won't work it seems. but once you select null keyboard the dock works fine with no on screen keyboard.

mike infinity

Nov 14, 2008
I reset a second time and repeated procedure and it seemed to work with the same file this time. (no symlink error).

Now it seems frozen on boot (stuck on the eee pad screen). I am coming from virtuous prime v2. Wiped everything before installing through CWM.

EDIT: stayed frozen. I rebooted and reflashed. Now its back to 'symlink' errors.

Any ideas?

Last edited:

aznflawless

Jun 16, 2012
San Jose
I dl'd it. Google voice works fine, but a bit delayed for me. I talk and then like after I say the first 3 words, it then picks it what im asking.
Also Titanium back up doesnt work. I have superuser on auto response to allow. And manual response and it doesnt work still.

Last edited:

omac_ranger

Apr 7, 2010
www.droidnerds.com
I reset a second time and repeated procedure and it seemed to work with the same file this time. (no symlink error).

Now it seems frozen on boot (stuck on the eee pad screen). I am coming from virtuous prime v2. Wiped everything before installing through CWM.

EDIT: stayed frozen. I rebooted and reflashed. Now its back to 'symlink' errors.

Any ideas?

I dunno man, I have done the same steps as you, cominig from Virtuous Prime .28 v1. Factory reset/dalvik, then install rom and gapps provided in first and second post. No issues here.

silentheero

Dec 8, 2010

Any ideas?

I would say try downloading again. It sounds like the file could be corrupt.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2

GreginNH

Jul 23, 2010
Hooksett
Full wipe, flashed ROM and gapps...mine just boots cm9 animation over and over. Every now and then it goes to lock screen but app after app an UI just FC and cm boot screen repeats.
Anyone else?

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using xda app-developers app

ManOnTheMoon

May 7, 2011
wow this is a big file compared to all the other Gapps.

theres apps on there that are optimized for phones i guess. like theres a messaging app and clocks and what not....

on the other handd

THIS HAS MADE MY TFP WORTH EVERY SINGLE DOLLAR I SPENT ON IT. ill be honest i had this since its released and i prolly used it a total of 15 hours. im not even kidding. it was buggy it lagged, random reboots and i was just about to sell it for a N7. i literally posted my prime online 6 hours ago and i just pulled it. even this preview has literally made the prime the BEST tablet on the market. CM has been doing some big things lately and i highly applaud them. A portion of my paycheck will go to them :p.

google now is flawless, and looks so much better on a bigger device. i love everything about my tablet now. if you are considering on flashing this, do it. project butter and tegra3 is an excellent combination. Very simple, and VERY smooth. There are a few hick ups here and their but its a preview build.....feels almost like a official/alpha build. GREAT JOB CYANOGENMOD

Reactions: Arun01 and tez1019

Amadei

Jul 6, 2012
Just wondering if there's USB disk support? Its not mentioned in the working / non-working sections. Anyone test this yet?

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 (Cyanogen Mod 9) using XDA Premium

tedr108

Dec 3, 2011
Los Angeles area, CA
Full wipe, flashed ROM and gapps...mine just boots cm9 animation over and over. Every now and then it goes to lock screen but app after app an UI just FC and cm boot screen repeats.
Anyone else?

Sounds like a bad download. An md5 checksum was not provided that I can see, so I ran it for you...

My working cm-10-20120718-UNOFFICIAL-tf201.zip's md5 is ab5ff1f318e3af1a59bd26d96aec287c ... I'll bet yours does not match that. There are a few new jb gapps floating around ... I used the 7/11 version.

mutiny

Aug 13, 2007
NYC
So just to confirm, the microSD card doesn't work at all? I really want to try this but I rely heavily on my microSD card.

GreginNH

Jul 23, 2010
Hooksett
Sounds like a bad download. An md5 checksum was not provided that I can see, so I ran it for you...

My working cm-10-20120718-UNOFFICIAL-tf201.zip's md5 is ab5ff1f318e3af1a59bd26d96aec287c ... I'll bet yours does not match that. There are a few new jb gapps floating around ... I used the 7/11 version.

Thanks, will check md5..

Edit** just checked md5 is correct. Weird

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

silentheero

Dec 8, 2010
Just wondering if there's USB disk support? Its not mentioned in the working / non-working sections. Anyone test this yet?

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 (Cyanogen Mod 9) using XDA Premium

Just tried with a flash drive. No support for it yet.

So just to confirm, the microSD card doesn't work at all? I really want to try this but I rely heavily on my microSD card.
Then I wouldn't switch to this yet. Give it some time and they should get that worked out, but this is just a preview of it and the butteryness to come. :)

Reactions: Amadei

silentheero

Dec 8, 2010
Anyone have issues with superuser not remembering the 'allow' response?

It has worked fine for me. I didn't need to update it like someone mentioned either.
Update- Oh. Now I am seeing that... Switching to SuperSU worked fine. Just so others know, you might need to remove Superuser by removing the apk from the /system/app folder and reboot.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    UPDATE 18-08-2012:
    Nightlies have started showing up :) These are slightly more official than this one, but still based on our code!
    Get them at http://get.cm/

So, it’s been over a week since JellyBean source dropped and we figured it was time for some fun news!

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

As I’m sure everyone knows, CM10 has been progressing at blazing speeds and we (on the AndroidRoot) team felt that it was time to show it off on transformers :)

It’s still early and CM10 has a good way to go, but it’s certainly usable! Note that this tree is what will become the official CM10 for Transformer Prime.

What works:
    1. Wifi
    2. Bluetooth
    3. Sound
    4. Camera (Photos + recording + panorama)
    5. Video Acceleration (720p youtube ftw!)
    6. Basic dock functionality (keyboard works -- second battery doesn’t show up)
    7. 3D Games
    8. Sensors

What doesn’t work:
    1. GPS

All credit goes to AndroidRoot team and CyanogenMod! We are the official maintainers of this device, so it can be considered a preview of what will later become official CM10 for the device.

More information and downloads at http://androidroot.mobi/?p=466
    Edit: We've been asked to include download links so here goes: http://developer.clockworkmod.com/downloads/10504/3206/cm-10-20120718-UNOFFICIAL-tf201.zip

Source at github.com/AndroidRoot

As usual, any donations people wish to give should go to AndroidRoot team: http://androidroot.mobi/donations/ and not directly to me! We do not expect donations, but we appreciate all.
    Some good news... as of build 2012/09/12, several TF201 gerrit changes have been merged into the CM10 tree... so now, the CM10 build will have most of the mods I've been pushing...

Here's what IS now included:
    1) Dock battery display
    2) Audio policy tweaks for bluetooth & USB audio streaming
    3) Additional minimum brightness level
    4) Disable auto-brightness for keyboard (since the keyboard doesn't have a backlight)
    5) Latest refreshed device overlays

What IS NOT part of the build will now be included in a generic update zip... which can be used across any CM10 based ROM for the TF201 (even euroskank)... and is no longer release specific...
    1) Build.prop tweaks for performance & battery life
    2) LCD density set to 160 (fixes YouTube app display... now shows 3 rows)
    3) Working GPS config tweaks (needs GPS dongle)
    4) Sysctl & DNS tweaks

CM 10 GENERIC TWEAKS
    we will probably need some mirrors but here is a link to JB gaaps

http://www.mediafire.com/?t8z646c56a4t241
    And now we have Android 4.1.2 JZO64K for our Transformer Primes... CyanogenMod 10 with the new Android 4.1.2...

THIS ROM IS ONLY FOR PEOPLE WHO HAVE UPGRADED TO THE NEW JELLY BEAN TF201 BOOTLOADER. IF YOU ARE STILL RUNNING THE ICS TF201 BOOTLOADER, WAIT FOR THE NEXT CM10 NIGHTLY. PLEASE READ THE WHOLE POST BEFORE USING THIS ROM...

1. Android Jelly Bean 4.1.2 JZO64K
    2. Built using the latest CM10 changes as of 09 Oct 2012 09:00PM Pacific Time (GitHub / Gerrit)
    2. Uses the latest AndroidRoot commits with the Jelly Bean 10.4.2.15 kernel (3.1) and proprietary files & drivers (GitHub) with some changes and additions by me
    3. Needs the new Jelly Bean 10.4.2.15 bootloader [IMPORTANT: Flashing over an incorrect bootloader can permanently brick you device]
    4. Working HDMI audio and video streaming and bluetooth auto streaming
    5. Working camera and microphone
    7. 4-way reboot menu (Reboot, Recovery, Fastboot & APX)
    8. Includes all the files and changes need for the Google Widevine DRM [untested!!]
    8. All other features of CM10 including fully functional dock (For those with dock keyboard issue, I've reverted some of my changes. Please retest)

CAUTION: The ROM in this post needs the new Jelly Bean 10.4.2.15 bootloader. You also need an unlocked bootloader. Flashing this over an incompatible bootloader can permanently brick you device. I (craigacgomez), CyanogenMod or AndroidRoot are not responsible for anything. Use this at your own risk.

CREDITS: CyanogenMod, AndroidRoot, Google, Asus, nVidia

ROM DOWNLOAD
    MINIMAL 4.1.2 GOOGLE APPS PACK DOWNLOAD
    Make sure you have the Jelly Bean bootloader. [Flash the stock Jelly Bean ROM to upgrade the bootloader (either my stock JB ROM or the stock JB ROM from the Asus site)]
    Flash using TWRP recovery for the Jelly Bean bootloader.
    Wipe data/factory reset is a must from any ROM.
    You need to flash the Google Apps pack if you wish to you use the Google services. This Google Apps Pack (created from the Nexus 7 update) is a minimal pack which does not have any apps available via the Play Store (no Gmail, Maps, Google Now). You can download these from the Play Store.

Donate to CyanogenMod
    Donate to AndroidRoot
    Donate to me (craigacgomez)
    MicroSD solution:

Create a file (in my case I named it 01removable) in /system/etc/init.d/ and set properties to rwxrwxrwx

As contents of the file, enter:

Code:
    #!/system/bin/sh
    mount -o remount,rw /
    mkdir /Removable/
    mkdir /Removable/MicroSD
    mkdir /Removable/SD
    mkdir /Removable/USBdisk1
    mkdir /Removable/USBdisk2

Now at each boot the script gets exectuted and microsd will get mounted to /Removable/sd :)