[Q] Phone randomly reeboots, stuck on splash screen

Search This thread

_meep_

Aug 15, 2012
Hey guys,
I recently updated to Kitkat (by mistake) through odin and ever since then my phone would randomly freeze, reboots, and stay on the splash-screen. When it does, it gets really warm around the Sim card area. I'm running stock, no root, and have looked everywhere for a solution, but haven't found anything similar to my predicament. I've factory-reset,and noticed that it also freezes when I try to go into recovery. Weirdly, If I turn on my phone, and connect it to the charger, it'll boot like normal, just to randomly freeze and reset some other time :( Any help? I already triggered my knox flag, so at this point I am just looking for anything to give me a stable phone once again

lordcheeto03

Aug 18, 2012
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Hey guys,
I recently updated to Kitkat (by mistake) through odin and ever since then my phone would randomly freeze, reboots, and stay on the splash-screen. When it does, it gets really warm around the Sim card area. I'm running stock, no root, and have looked everywhere for a solution, but haven't found anything similar to my predicament. I've factory-reset,and noticed that it also freezes when I try to go into recovery. Weirdly, If I turn on my phone, and connect it to the charger, it'll boot like normal, just to randomly freeze and reset some other time :( Any help? I already triggered my knox flag, so at this point I am just looking for anything to give me a stable phone once again

Because your KNOX flag is already tripped, I'd say go ahead and flash a custom recovery and an AOSP ROM. Doesn't matter which one, just something that isn't TouchWiz. Once you've flashed AOSP, revert back to stock 4.4.2 firmware through Odin. I say to do that because I've noticed that if I Odin flash a stock firmware while I'm running a TW ROM, a lot of things don't get touched. When I was fiddling around with Ubuntu Touch, some directories in /system that were used by Touch would remain intact through Odin flashes if I was on TW, along with various pieces of user data, background pictures, etc. Coming from AOSP though would completely wipe everything and start from scratch.

Reactions: _meep_

_meep_

Aug 15, 2012
Possible Downgrade?

Because your KNOX flag is already tripped, I'd say go ahead and flash a custom recovery and an AOSP ROM. Doesn't matter which one, just something that isn't TouchWiz. Once you've flashed AOSP, revert back to stock 4.4.2 firmware through Odin. I say to do that because I've noticed that if I Odin flash a stock firmware while I'm running a TW ROM, a lot of things don't get touched. When I was fiddling around with Ubuntu Touch, some directories in /system that were used by Touch would remain intact through Odin flashes if I was on TW, along with various pieces of user data, background pictures, etc. Coming from AOSP though would completely wipe everything and start from scratch.
Thanks for the quick reply! :D Im downloading an AOKP rom as I'm typing this haha, and I was wondering if at this point I could just go back to Jelly Bean? I've been reading around, and everything says you cant because of the kitkat bootoader, but I'm pretty sure there's a way around the bootloader...Like I said, I flashed a kitkat rom by mistake :silly:
Hope I didn't just hijack my own thread

lordcheeto03

Aug 18, 2012
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Thanks for the quick reply! :D Im downloading an AOKP rom as I'm typing this haha, and I was wondering if at this point I could just go back to Jelly Bean? I've been reading around, and everything says you cant because of the kitkat bootoader, but I'm pretty sure there's a way around the bootloader...Like I said, I flashed a kitkat rom by mistake :silly:
Hope I didn't just hijack my own thread

I don't know for 100% certain about how KNOX works when flashing custom ROMs... I do know that you can't flash official firmware that is below your current version; but I THINK you can flash any custom ROM. Don't quote me on that or get mad at me if it doesn't work lol.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys,