Gingerbread XDAndroid

Search This thread

Trexi

Dec 19, 2008
Prague
Okay now I have Thumb Keyboard and Smart Keyboard Pro.. but I need to delete Android keyboard first. But I don't know how. Any idea please?
(sorry guys, I am newbie with Android) :)

kruijs

Aug 10, 2008
Long press in any text input box should give you the choice to "select input method", and you should be able to select any keyboard you have installed.
(no need to actually uninstall android keyboard, and if it's cooked into the ROM not straightforward, either.)

Good luck!

Okay now I have Thumb Keyboard and Smart Keyboard Pro.. but I need to delete Android keyboard first. But I don't know how. Any idea please?
(sorry guys, I am newbie with Android) :)

Trexi

Dec 19, 2008
Prague
Long press in any text input box should give you the choice to "select input method", and you should be able to select any keyboard you have installed.
(no need to actually uninstall android keyboard, and if it's cooked into the ROM not straightforward, either.)

Good luck!

Works perfectly, thank you kruijs. Thank you guys, this OS looks really great! :)

Aug 16, 2008
Gingerbread on Blackstone..! Tasty combination..!

Gingerbread is by far the fastest of all the androids i hv tested..! if only the camera could work...! Oh i m too greedy now..!

Bonusbartus

Oct 8, 2006
www.caravan-handels.nl
I'll have to go test it now ;)
anyone, any custom startup.txt settings? or you all leave everything on standard?

thx ;)

looks like it s working great, but is it me or is the gmail app missing?

Last edited:

vivekshines

Feb 5, 2011
Bangalore
Is it ready for daily usage

Is it ready for daily usage? How's the battery life, howz calls, incoming, outgoing, speed, wifi, bluetooth. songs. can sum one give a feedback?

whoopa

Oct 17, 2009
I followed the steps on page 2 but i cant get it to work..
It boots, i got the calibriation massage done that but after that the screen goes black and nothing happened anymore.. Anyone got a solution for this?

nasko_spasko

Nov 10, 2008
Sofia
Is it ready for daily usage? How's the battery life, howz calls, incoming, outgoing, speed, wifi, bluetooth. songs. can sum one give a feedback?

If you want speed.. you will have it, the battery life... 1 day maybe, Bluetooth is not working and camera ofcourse.
Wifi worx
actualy everything except BT, Camera, Accelerometer, GPS-not tested by me.

Try it, you ain't lose anything, except your time!

@whoopa

Did you tried with a fresh formatted SD?

whoopa

Oct 17, 2009
Yes i formatted my sd card to fat32 but nothing happens.. the screen is turned on but black if you know what i mean..

nasko_spasko

Nov 10, 2008
Sofia
I do.
post your STARTUP.txt

BTW wich winmo ROM are you using?
I think it can't initialize the screen(I'm not sure), winmo does a lot of the things to start the hardware, so.. maybe, I say "maybe", it's from your ROM, try with another one.

whoopa

Oct 17, 2009
I'm using this Energy.BLACKSTONE.29007.Sense2.5.NLD.Cookie.2.0.sencity.Jan.17 rom.
And added my startup as attachment

Attachments

• STARTUP.TXT
    314 bytes · Views: 106

nasko_spasko

Nov 10, 2008
Sofia
I'm using this Energy.BLACKSTONE.29007.Sense2.5.NLD.Cookie.2.0.sencity.Jan.17 rom.
And added my startup as attachment
Ookay, now try with the attached HaRET.

If there is no ant change delete the following line from startup.txt: set NITRD_OFFSET 0x608000, then try again..

Ooops i forgot the haret :D --Fixed :)

One more question, are you using the latest modules and rootfs?

Attachments

• haret.rar
    60.3 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:

whoopa

Oct 17, 2009
Dont know if I'm using the latest modules and rootfs, I'm using the ones that are attached on page 2.. I'm now trying with your haret.. fingers crosed :)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Already tried Gingerbread. It looks nice and works quite smooth but it's not yet ready for daily use. Other than issues posted on stinebd's blog I've also couldn't get default keyboard to work, had problems with wifi (but could be user error) and neocore wouldn't run properly.

Remember to backup your SD card before using this because it needs to be tested on clean install.

BTW. I really like the UI overhaul Google did in 2.3 =)
    Gr8 speed... but i dont have on-screen keyboard,some times the notification led is still on :D
    I will post more results later
    Sorry for bad english

The missing on-screen keyboard is a known issue. Actualy it's not completely missing i can press b, n, v, etc.
    The LED is on when you start haret with plugged charger. ;)
    Hi, guys!

Did you tested the Gallery3DFroyo ??
    I did! It runs great, in 2.2 & 2.1 its very, very slow...
    on that 2.3 it flies!! :D

Take a look at my video on youtube!

Edit: If somebody wants to test it, download the attached file..
    Same for my :)
    But i have problem when the display dims...and i can't wake up the phone from stand by:( Power button,volume up/down etc didn't respond

EDIT:Angry Birds Valentine working,lag like hell,but no problem for me.... :D
    Sorry for bad english.

Try with another rootfs(for the wakeup problem), backup and delete data.img, if
    you can't see changes
    and always use the latest kernel and rootfs.
    I have no any problems, excepting the known issues, and bug-s. :)

rootfs
    Kernel+Drivers (modules)
    Guys could you please tell me how can I get Gingerbread into my Blackstone? I'm a bit lame in this way, or just send me some link so I can follow steps there. :)

Hi, I'll give you a simple HOWTO :) :

1. Download this.
    2. Extract the contents of the archive to the root of your FRESH FAT32
    formatted microSD, excepting the system.ext2
    (if it's SDHC(larger than 2-4GB), microSD shouldn't be class 6 and higher)
    3. Download this.
    4. Extract the system.ext2 to the root of the microSD
    5. Run HaRET.exe and have fun!! :)

Edit: if the andro does not boot successfully, try to use the latest modules and rootfs
    if you don't know how to do it, just--\/
    If you have any specific problems, PM me!

Best regards, FLeX!