What is your favourite Genre?

• Total voters
Search This thread

vj_dustin

Dec 7, 2010
uktopgear.blogspot.com
Emma Watson? Quite clearly you've gone mad and should probably think about professional help! :p
I have no interest at all in the Spiderman franchise, but some might not want to hear about major plot points before seeing the movie themselves. :eek:

Yeah sorry, I was so mad, I forgot the spoiler tags.
And yep, I'm stoned in love with Stone. No help would do any good! :silly:

Anyways, now that my rage has settled, I'd say that was the best Spidey movie I've ever seen.
Infact it can very well rank among the best superhero movies!
The direction was spectacular (and I rarely use that word, since it's hard to type :p )
The soundtrack in every fight scene pumps up the scene like 10 times!
Acting was as good as expected. The storyline was great too.
Except that one scene in the end which crushed me, it was really an 'Amazing' movie!! 9/10 (you know what I clicked off that 1 one for) :rolleyes:

Dirk

May 11, 2009
Yeah sorry, I was so mad, I forgot the spoiler tags.
And yep, I'm stoned in love with Stone. No help would do any good! :silly:

Anyways, now that my rage has settled, I'd say that was the best Spidey movie I've ever seen.
Infact it can very well rank among the best superhero movies!
The direction was spectacular (and I rarely use that word, since it's hard to type :p )
The soundtrack in every fight scene pumps up the scene like 10 times!
Acting was as good as expected. The storyline was great too.
Except that one scene in the end which crushed me, it was really an 'Amazing' movie!! 9/10 (you know what I clicked off that 1 one for) :rolleyes:

How does Emma Stone compare to Kirsten Dunst in your opinion? She was the only thing I liked about the first Spiderman movie and I never revisited the franchise after that one.

Rektroid

Oct 12, 2013
London
Has anyone seen jObs (2013 Steve jobs biopic)
Its rubbish and (not because it has Apple) its because it is riddled with big plot holes and half his life is cut,a total waste of 2 Hours. 3/10. (TD:LR a rubbish film about Steve jobs)

vj_dustin

Dec 7, 2010
uktopgear.blogspot.com
How does Emma Stone compare to Kirsten Dunst in your opinion? She was the only thing I liked about the first Spiderman movie and I never revisited the franchise after that one.

The main difference is the director's take on the franchise.
The original 3 have a squeaky, shy, luck-made, always worrying Spiderman.
His girlfriend, Mary Jane, is a whiney, irritating, can't decide who I love, failed actress!

The Marc Webb reboot showcases Spidey as this cool, luck+self-made, tech sound, quirky guy.
His girlfriend for the first 2 movies is Gwen, who is confident, smarter than Peter, and beautiful, OMG BEAUTIFUL!!

So yes, if you wanna watch Spidey, definitely watch the reboot.
It's 3rd part comes in 2016 & 4th in 2018, with Mary Jane now.

Also the first part is good, but the 2nd part is worth watching on the big screen.
So I'd recommend watching the 1st part ASAP and catching the 2nd one on a hall before it gets taken down.

roofrider

Jul 24, 2011
Bangalore, IN
It's excellent! You think you're getting a run-of-the-mill High School drama but it's not like that at all. It has a lot going for it, including an awesome soundtrack!

+1
And a beautiful deleted scene (poem).

Just watched Senna. Finally, i know.
Was planning on watching it on the 1st of May, his 20th death anniversary, but unfortunately that did not happen. Regardless, it was a fantastic watch, but a sad loss. 9/10

Last edited:

the_helix

Jun 24, 2013
Mumbai
Xiaomi Poco F3
I watched Captain Phillips yesterday... and was... disappointed! I guess the disappointment was due to the hype. I would give it a 7/10 at best. Tom hanks was the best thing about the movie.
I would have given it an 8/10 but couple of things ruined it... like the character 'Bilal', who didn't know English, suddenly starts to speak it fine when Tom hanks was scribbling his message. This really put me off. :mad:
I am glad that Captain Phillips didn't win the Oscar.

LordManhattan

Oct 20, 2007
Kepler-34b
Yo! Long time no... posting.. in this thread! I haven't really watched a lot of movies this year, but i've watched a few now, so let's get down to business:

- Thor: The Dark World
I'm not really a Marvel fan, or a superhero type of guy, so this will get the "meh, it's OK" response from me. It's probably awesome for people that enjoy these types of movies, but it'll only get an "OK" rating from me.

-
Man of Steel
So much potential. The first 30 minutes were fantastic. It was very dark and slow-paced, the way i like it. And then they went from Watchmen to Transformers because like.. why the hell not? Let's just throw some unnecessary action and noise in there "just because". It could've been so much better.

-
Pacific Rim
Incredible stupid, but also incredible awesome. Let a 10 year old boy write the plot, and this is what you'll end up with. My 28 year old brain says "OMG, so stupid, no logic what-so-ever" while my 10 year old heart screams "YES! Beat him with that oil tanker!"

- Her
Fantastic. My type of movie, and being a geek, yes. So much yes.

- Star Trek Into Darkness

It's OK. Not as good as the first one, but not bad at all, but.. yeah, i just like the first one better. This is far from a bad movie though.

- American Hustle
Very good, but also a little overrated IMO. Not sure what i expected, but i expected something... more?

- The Secret Life of Walter Mitty

Very entertaining, but not very good. It's a little bland and squared, if that makes any sense. The plot is very straight forward. Walter is looking for something, and that's pretty much what you get. Very nicely filmed and great music, and that makes it (to me) a fine entertainer.

- Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues
I knew exactly what i got myself into before watching it, but man, they over-played it this time. The first Anchorman is funny because it's so incredible stupid, but this one is just stupid. I laughed maybe once, and the Doby song (shark song) was catchy, but overall a stupid movie.

- The Wolf of Wall Street
Steak sauce! A+! Loved it, loved it, loved it. I love movies like Wall Street, Boiler Room and all the others and i'm also into finance, so this hit me straight in the face with its awesomeness. Perfect.

TheArc

Inactive Recognized Themer
Jan 1, 2012
Auckland
That Awkward Moment

Great movie, super funny.
Super on point.
Good watch.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Dirk

May 11, 2009
Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit - Generic, by-the-numbers espionage thriller with a stupid title. 7/10

Robocop (2014) - I enjoyed it! Having seen the original again recently i think this does well in comparison. I certainly prefer this version. It's far from perfect but Director José Padilha, famous for the Elite Squad movies, has made this his own creation. 7/10

s8freak

Jan 17, 2013
Sanger
Jack Reacher- yes I know Tom Cruise is like 5 ft tall or whatever but I thoroughly enjoyed that movie then I watched the latest Mission Impossible and liked that one as well. Tom Cruise does certain things well and action suits him.
No I'm not big Tom Cruise fan but I enjoyed those two movies.
I did watch Anchorman 2 as well no it wasn't as good as the first one but I still laughed my butt off I just happen to like stupid movies I guess we'll except the Love Guru there is a limit LOL

"Get busy livin or get busy dyin"
Sent from my AT&T SGH-I337

urgo2x

Mar 10, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S21
Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit - Generic, by-the-numbers espionage thriller with a stupid title. 7/10

Robocop (2014) - I enjoyed it! Having seen the original again recently i think this does well in comparison. I certainly prefer this version. It's far from perfect but Director José Padilha, famous for the Elite Squad movies, has made this his own creation. 7/10

I prefer the original one. It is old but still cool.

M_T_M

Troll King & Retired Señor Mod - I Regret Nothing!
Apr 14, 2009
Texas
Yo! Long time no... posting.. in this thread! I haven't really watched a lot of movies this year, but i've watched a few now, so let's get down to business:

- [/B]Man of Steel
So much potential. The first 30 minutes were fantastic. It was very dark and slow-paced, the way i like it. And then they went from Watchmen to Transformers because like.. why the hell not? Let's just throw some unnecessary action and noise in there "just because". It could've been so much better.

-
Pacific Rim
Incredible stupid, but also incredible awesome. Let a 10 year old boy write the plot, and this is what you'll end up with. My 28 year old brain says "OMG, so stupid, no logic what-so-ever" while my 10 year old heart screams "YES! Beat him with that oil tanker!"

My thoughts on Man of Steel...same as yours but what killed it for me was the last scene...I mean, come on!!! They fight like there is no tomorrow, hitting each other with anything from a locomotives all the way to buildings and he kills the bad guy by breaking his neck??!! :eek::eek: LAAAAAAAME!!

And Pacific Rim....let's just say that I could watch the movie without dialogue and I will enjoy it even moar!! :p
The director married two things that take me back to when I was a wee lad....robots and giant lizards. How cool is that?!! :highfive::highfive::highfive:

Anywho...those where my two cents...spend them wisely :cowboy:

Also...ohai!

LordManhattan

Oct 20, 2007
Kepler-34b
My thoughts on Man of Steel...same as yours but what killed it for me was the last scene...I mean, come on!!! They fight like there is no tomorrow, hitting each other with anything from a locomotives all the way to buildings and he kills the bad guy by breaking his neck??!! :eek::eek: LAAAAAAAME!!

And Pacific Rim....let's just say that I could watch the movie without dialogue and I will enjoy it even moar!! :p
The director married two things that take me back to when I was a wee lad....robots and giant lizards. How cool is that?!! :highfive::highfive::highfive:

Anywho...those where my two cents...spend them wisely :cowboy:

Also...ohai!

Oy! Long time no see, hombre!

Yeah, i totally agree with what you're saying about Man Of Steel.

"Hey, dude! Zodbro, wouldn't it be fun if I, Superman looked and fought like a god damn carrot so you can whoop my ass, and also destroy half a city?! And then when i'm sick and tired of your ****, i'll just snap your neck? Oh, you're in? Sweet! :laugh:"

And yeah, Pacific Rim 2, make it happen Guillermo!

Android_Monsters

Feb 2, 2012
Los Angeles
Watching "The Witches" on HBO at the moment.

It's from 1990 and has some good actors. Anjelica Huston, Rowan Atkinson, etc.

While on vacation at a seaside hotel with his grandmother, a young boy stumbles onto a coven of witches and tries to thwart their devious plans.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    uTDEUyf.png

The Movie Club rating system: (Thanks to LordManhattan)

- 10/10: Perfection
    - 9/10: Top quality
    - 8/10: High quality
    - 7/10: Highly watchable
    - 6/10: Watchable, but could've been better
    - 5/10: Wasted time
    - 4/10: Very bad
    - 3/10: Re-evaluate your life
    - 2/10: Burn the disc and never mention it again
    - 1/10: Shoot the director and happily serve the time

Movie Resources:

- IMDb
    - Rotten Tomatoes
    - A.V Club
    - Empire
    - Filmspotting
    - Film Junk

NO SPOILERS!

Please use
    tags if you want to post Spoilers, which includes telling people that a movie has a plot twist at the end!
    Here's me eating a scuba diver :D

a6bf8975-08cf-9a8d.jpg

Sent from my coffee pot.
    Some of you may have heard of the IMDb Top 250 Challenge, whereby you watch every movie on the list within a year. I've decided to do something similar, as a way to ensure that i am amply entertained over the coming months. I'm pretty certain i've seen most of what is on the list at present, but it'll be fun to watch the movies that i haven't, but should have seen. So that's what i am going to do!

To make it easier i've Excel'ed the list and printed a copy to make it easy ticking off the movies as i go. First i have to go through the list and mark off the ones i've already seen, and find out how many there are yet to see.

I've attached the list in case anybody else wants to make use of it.

Edit: Been having a play at the IMDb quiz's found on the Top 250 Page. They're pretty good fun!

So is drug resistant Tuberculosis but i'm in no hurry to catch it!