The Horror! Oh the Humanity! The Pain! *Crys*

Search This thread

DarrellRaines

Dec 7, 2010
Greer, SC
The speaker blew out on my atrix! Now *sniff* I'm going to have to get a refurb from the warranty department *sniff* because I am outside my 30 day return period.

Please kill me.

Ok all drama aside, this will be my third atrix. Sadly it will be a refurb, but at least I know I will still have a solid battery.

filmusikat

Mar 11, 2011
The speaker blew out on my atrix! Now *sniff* I'm going to have to get a refurb from the warranty department *sniff* because I am outside my 30 day return period.

Please kill me.

Ok all drama aside, this will be my third atrix. Sadly it will be a refurb, but at least I know I will still have a solid battery.

Oh man...that sucks. How did u blow them?! Just always listening to loud music? Refurbished is practically brand new :)

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

DarrellRaines

Dec 7, 2010
Greer, SC
Oh man...that sucks. How did u blow them?! Just always listening to loud music? Refurbished is practically brand new :)

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

It was the ear piece speaker. It just one day started crackling and popping. I had hoped it was just my imagination and bad connections, but turns out the damn thing really is blown.

Practically brand new means grubby little hands have touched my precious atrix. Maybe I'll get lucky and they will be out of refurbs (I'll just tell myself that) and I'll get a brand new one.

Chubby_Skunk

Apr 18, 2011
Seattle, WA
You got a strong battery? Lucky. I got 4 extra batteries for free and they all have crap battery life. Well not crap, just not the 24 of Heavy usage like there are said to have. But they let me keep all of them :)

lyon21

Feb 27, 2011
Chicago
I am going to have to try this. You can never have enough extra batteries. But didn't they ask for the other ones back?

Sent from my rooted, gingerblured badass atrix!

lyon21

Feb 27, 2011
Chicago
Definitely going to try this right now. How long did you tell them that the battery lasted for?

Chubby_Skunk

Apr 18, 2011
Seattle, WA
Definitely going to try this right now. How long did you tell them that the battery lasted for?

This is what I told them... sorta:

"I have a Motorola Atrix. From what people have been saying on websites and forums like XDA. The battery is suppose to last a solid 24 hours with heavy usage. It also states this on Engadget's website. For me, it only will last 5-8 hours of heavy usage. So what can you do for me? Could just have a new battery sent to me, because I don't want to have to transfer all of my apps and saved items?"

lyon21

Feb 27, 2011
Chicago
Thats pretty close to what I just told them and they are sending me a new one now. Thanks a lot for posting this. A secondary battery will be nice to have.

PixoNova

Nov 28, 2010
Which part of AT&T are you contacting? I'll always have need for an extra battery!

Like your local store or something?

wirednix

Jan 5, 2011
Almaty

"I have a Motorola Atrix. From what people have been saying on websites and forums like XDA. The battery is suppose to last a solid 24 hours with heavy usage. It also states this on Engadget's website. For me, it only will last 5-8 hours of heavy usage. So what can you do for me? Could just have a new battery sent to me, because I don't want to have to transfer all of my apps and saved items?"

Kudos on scamming AT&T.

Reactions: CaelanT

Techcruncher

Feb 25, 2011
How about this:

Hi thar. If you don't give me teh battery, I'll root, and unplug my atrix while the sbf is being flashed, and demand you to give me a new one. And I'll say it's broken.

Reactions: wirednix

bongd

Jun 20, 2010
What's the turn around time for Motorola's Repair Center? I'm in Canada and I'm thinking of sending mine in. I have a replacement already and a friend is lined up to buy the AT&T one (he won't be rooting and putting his phone in jeopardy like me lol).

Thanks!

ChongoDroid

Jul 29, 2010
Vancouver
Google Pixel 4
Google Pixel 4 XL
What's the turn around time for Motorola's Repair Center? I'm in Canada and I'm thinking of sending mine in. I have a replacement already and a friend is lined up to buy the AT&T one (he won't be rooting and putting his phone in jeopardy like me lol).

Thanks!

Mine took 3 biz days... They courier it to you via purolator. :)

Sent from my Googletron

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Kudos on scamming AT&T.
    How about this:

Hi thar. If you don't give me teh battery, I'll root, and unplug my atrix while the sbf is being flashed, and demand you to give me a new one. And I'll say it's broken.