[Q] At&t samsung galaxy s4 i337 not booting into os

Search This thread

AlwaysBeen

Jan 12, 2014
Hello there! I recently had purchased a Samsung Galaxy s4. I did not really enjoy touchwiz. I really wanted Google Play Edition. Anyways, my phone is stuck in ODIN mode with a message saying "Downloading... Do not turn off target!" I know that you can enter download mode and hit cancel to boot. But, my issue is different. Listen. I got safestrap on my s4, and it worked perfectly. I backed up my phone and installed Google Play Edition on the STOCK slot. Turned out, Google Play Edition would not boot up so I went back into safestrap and added a new rom slot. Then I restored my firmware on that slot. I left the stock slot not working... Then I uninstalled safestrap at boot up, not thinking about the stock rom. THIS IS THE BIG MISTAKE. I then rebooted my phone, and I get odin with the error message. I can't get into recovery settings or safestrap of course. I am now stuck with no options on my phone. I try to go to download mode and hit cancel. This did not boot up my phone, only my Google Play Edition which was not working. Now I can't change my rom slot. All I want to do now is go back to touchwiz. I want to restore my phone, but how? I would really appreciate your help!

I was running android 4.3 jellybean on MF3 so I can't load TWRP.

hovax615@hotmail.com

Jan 4, 2009
Corona, CA - Murfreesboro, TN
Hello there! I recently had purchased a Samsung Galaxy s4. I did not really enjoy touchwiz. I really wanted Google Play Edition. Anyways, my phone is stuck in ODIN mode with a message saying "Downloading... Do not turn off target!" I know that you can enter download mode and hit cancel to boot. But, my issue is different. Listen. I got safestrap on my s4, and it worked perfectly. I backed up my phone and installed Google Play Edition on the STOCK slot. Turned out, Google Play Edition would not boot up so I went back into safestrap and added a new rom slot. Then I restored my firmware on that slot. I left the stock slot not working... Then I uninstalled safestrap at boot up, not thinking about the stock rom. THIS IS THE BIG MISTAKE. I then rebooted my phone, and I get odin with the error message. I can't get into recovery settings or safestrap of course. I am now stuck with no options on my phone. I try to go to download mode and hit cancel. This did not boot up my phone, only my Google Play Edition which was not working. Now I can't change my rom slot. All I want to do now is go back to touchwiz. I want to restore my phone, but how? I would really appreciate your help!

I was running android 4.3 jellybean on MF3 so I can't load TWRP.

Download mf3 tar file http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2504311

Run in odin, your phone should be back up and running.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using xda app-developers app

AlwaysBeen

Jan 12, 2014
Download mf3 tar file http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2504311

Run in odin, your phone should be back up and running.

<ID:0/003> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> BOOTLOADER_I337UCUAMF3_812098_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> MODEM_I337UCUAMF3_812098_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Leave CS..
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> CSC_ATT_I337ATTAMF3_812098_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Leave CS..
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> PLATFORM_I337UCUAMF3_812098_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/003> Odin v.3 engine (ID:3)..
<ID:0/003> File analysis..
<ID:0/003> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/003> Initialzation..
<ID:0/003> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/003> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/003> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/003> sbl1.mbn
<ID:0/003> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/003> sbl2.mbn
<ID:0/003> sbl3.mbn
<ID:0/003> rpm.mbn
<ID:0/003> aboot.mbn
<ID:0/003> FAIL! (Auth)
<ID:0/003>
<ID:0/003> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

I dont know why it is failing

hovax615@hotmail.com

Jan 4, 2009
Corona, CA - Murfreesboro, TN
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> BOOTLOADER_I337UCUAMF3_812098_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Leave CS..
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> MODEM_I337UCUAMF3_812098_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Leave CS..
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> CSC_ATT_I337ATTAMF3_812098_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Leave CS..
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> PLATFORM_I337UCUAMF3_812098_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/003> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/003> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/003> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/003> sbl1.mbn
<ID:0/003> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/003> sbl2.mbn
<ID:0/003> sbl3.mbn
<ID:0/003> rpm.mbn
<ID:0/003> aboot.mbn
<ID:0/003> FAIL! (Auth)
<ID:0/003> Complete(Write) operation failed.

I dont know why it is failing

I think you've got an incomplete flash somewhere. I don't know if this will work but try the mf3 emergency files then flash the tar file again. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2526964

AlwaysBeen

Jan 12, 2014
You need SGS-I337_16GB.pit. Run this in Odin and it will fix your issue.

And yes I registered just to answer your question.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2404970

<ID:0/003> Removed!!
<ID:0/003> Set PIT file..
<ID:0/003> DO NOT TURN OFF TARGET!!
<ID:0/003> FAIL!
<ID:0/003> Re-Partition operation failed.

It failed =( What can I do? My phone is showing in red text: SECURE CHECK FAIL : PIT

MY BOOTLOADER IS LOCKED, IT SAYS MY WRITE PROTECTION IS ENABLED

Last edited:

kpirnie

Recognized Contributor
<ID:0/003> Removed!!
<ID:0/003> Set PIT file..
<ID:0/003> DO NOT TURN OFF TARGET!!
<ID:0/003> FAIL!
<ID:0/003> Re-Partition operation failed.

It failed =( What can I do? My phone is showing in red text: SECURE CHECK FAIL : PIT

MY BOOTLOADER IS LOCKED, IT SAYS MY WRITE PROTECTION IS ENABLED

Do you remember what bootloader you were on?

If you were on anything higher than MF3 you are wasting your time, as you cannot downgrade this far.

MK2 and up requires those specific Odin tars. Since the original post was in January I will assume you were on MK2 at that time.

See here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2663545

Personally, I would just go with the NB1, since root is now out for us. Once you odin the NB1 file, grab the files needed to towelroot, root, install superuser.apk, install safestrap 3.72 and you will probably be back in business

Now... thus all said, I am having a nightmare myself... last night I was listening to music on my I337 NC1 stockly rooted, when all of a sudden it froze... so I pulled the battery (which was fully charged), put it back in, and now my phone won't power up.

Being the geek I am, I grabbed my original samsung udb cable and plugged it into my windows machine... lo-and-behold windows recognized it, but as a completely different device... Qualcom USB or something...

How can I get back to download mode? Or do I need a JTAG? :crying:

MatthewPresley

Jan 5, 2013
Austin
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra

If you were on anything higher than MF3 you are wasting your time, as you cannot downgrade this far.

MK2 and up requires those specific Odin tars. Since the original post was in January I will assume you were on MK2 at that time.

Personally, I would just go with the NB1, since root is now out for us. Once you odin the NB1 file, grab the files needed to towelroot, root, install superuser.apk, install safestrap 3.72 and you will probably be back in business

Now... thus all said, I am having a nightmare myself... last night I was listening to music on my I337 NC1 stockly rooted, when all of a sudden it froze... so I pulled the battery (which was fully charged), put it back in, and now my phone won't power up.

Being the geek I am, I grabbed my original samsung udb cable and plugged it into my windows machine... lo-and-behold windows recognized it, but as a completely different device... Qualcom USB or something...

Sorry to hear about your dilemma. I probably cant help, but why not try.

Question, what do you mean by stockly rooted NC1? Are using the NC1 stock rom but rooted, or are you using another rom? Did you root using the download method or the towel root? Just curious.

I take you have tried to get to download mode using these steps?

Power off the phone completely by removing its battery for 5 seconds.
Re-insert the battery back into its place.
Press and hold Volume Down, Home and Power buttons, all at the same time.
Release the buttons only when the ‘Warning!!’ message appears.
Next, press Volume Up button to confirm that you wish to enter Download Mode.
Your device will now show a green Android with the ‘Downloading… Do not turn off target’ text listed under it.

Reactions: kpirnie

kpirnie

Recognized Contributor

Question, what do you mean by stockly rooted NC1? Are using the NC1 stock rom but rooted, or are you using another rom? Did you root using the download method or the towel root? Just curious.

Your device will now show a green Android with the ‘Downloading… Do not turn off target’ text listed under it.
yeah... tried all that.

Stock Rooted NC1 ROM

Sent from my A110 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.