[Q] To Update to KitKat or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Mort3770

Jan 28, 2014
Forgive me for asking a question that I'm sure that has been addressed her many times lately.

I woke up this morning to my GN3 on Verizon telling me it wants to do the KitKat update. It's stock right now, but my concern is that I'm still on the unlimited data and don't want to lose the ability to run FoxFi and get a hotspot without paying the extra $30 a month.

If I update to KitKat, will I be able to root and will I be able to continue getting the use of the hotspot feature without paying the additional fee?

Thanks.

slowz3r

Jun 10, 2010
Malmstrom AFB, MT
Forgive me for asking a question that I'm sure that has been addressed her many times lately.

I woke up this morning to my GN3 on Verizon telling me it wants to do the KitKat update. It's stock right now, but my concern is that I'm still on the unlimited data and don't want to lose the ability to run FoxFi and get a hotspot without paying the extra $30 a month.

If I update to KitKat, will I be able to root and will I be able to continue getting the use of the hotspot feature without paying the additional fee?

Thanks.

as of now NC4 does not have a root method but NC2 does. So you could root your phone on 4.3 then install a prerooted NC2 and be good

herrdrjonz

May 1, 2011
For the love of God why would you?

KK first off isn't all that. But we have KK based ROMs already. Take the OTA and even if you can keep root, good luck on something as basic as having the light\torch in your notification drawer. Being able to go to all sorts of ROMs is freedom. Why give that up? And there is a thread about going to the NC4 modem even if you're on NC2 base so why not stay flexible??? ??? ???

Reactions: YankInDaSouth

rushless

Jan 16, 2008
I wouldn't do it purely for the loss of external write permissions. Pee poor of Google and an utterly false excuse of "security". Google has a high Apple wannabe complex.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For the love of God why would you?

KK first off isn't all that. But we have KK based ROMs already. Take the OTA and even if you can keep root, good luck on something as basic as having the light\torch in your notification drawer. Being able to go to all sorts of ROMs is freedom. Why give that up? And there is a thread about going to the NC4 modem even if you're on NC2 base so why not stay flexible??? ??? ???