[ROM] Salvage-Sense 1.0 RC1 [2.1]

Search This thread

vrajpal

Jan 28, 2010
just wanted to say love the speed and stability of this rom, cant decide between this and SalvageMod!

Psichi

Dec 7, 2008
Plano
dorkitude.tumblr.com
I am loving this rom. I have stayed away from Sense roms for a long while and decided to try this out on a whim... damn I am glad I did.

Everything runs super smooth and the battery life has been just as good on this as on SalvageMod. Like others have said, it would be nice if the lockscreen alerts weren't pink and purple but it isn't anything that is a deal breaker for me.

The only oddness I have run in to is that some times after browsing the web, when I hit the home button, I am brought to a white HTC screen and then Sense will come up and take a minute to load. It seems like the launcher falls out of memory and has to be reinitialized, but it is only an inconvenience.

m20120

Oct 31, 2008
Northern VA
The white HTC screen and Sense reload is a common thing even on the stock Evo Gingerbread release. It seems that Sense is getting unloaded by Android when other programs need memory and it has to reload when you come back to it.

m20120

Oct 31, 2008
Northern VA
I sorta figured that was the issue, but it has been a long time since I have used a sense rom, so I wasn't sure.

It is a new thing with the Gingerbread update that Sprint pushed out in June. The Froyo Sense did not do this. My wide took the update and started soing that all the time. I stayed with Froyo until recently when I started testing ROM and MikG.

m20120

Oct 31, 2008
Northern VA
BTW: Here is something to try if you are getting the HTC Sense reload often. I have read this is causes by a bad setting in the memory process management that tells Android when to unload programs.

The tip is to use the program Spare Parts (from the market) to set the Activity/Process Management to Aggressive and then use Spare Parts to set it back to Normal. Some people report that that stops the HTC Sense reloads.

mjhuffer

Sep 17, 2007
Indianapolis
Absolutely love this rom but I have some developement questions as I always like to cater everything to my liking. How do you go about changing the initial black screen that says Speedy Rom in white? Also how do you go about getting a boot animation sound? I tried adding spc_animation.mp3 to the customise/resource folder but that didn't work. Thank you for all you help and I hope you continue to develop this rom.

Edit * Also if someone could create a "Remove Recent apps from Notification Menu" Mod. I know it is an edit within SystemUI.apk but I don't know where to begin. That also would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Psichi

Dec 7, 2008
Plano
dorkitude.tumblr.com
Is there a way to turn off the text zoom in the browser? The default browser has made sites like tumblr all but unusable, as it zooms in on the text field and will not allow you to zoom out to see the full field while writing.

(And I know I can just get another browser, which I will do if this isn't fixable)

scottspa74

Apr 3, 2009
everett
Google Pixel 6
Does epst work on this rom? I need a stock-ish sense rom to update my profile after radio flash, (doesn't work on synergy or aosp, i.e - the roms I use)

TIA

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium

scottspa74

Apr 3, 2009
everett
Google Pixel 6
Thank you much, sir. DLing now ;)

Also, barn, using your xda Evo splash. Love it. Already had the black splash (virus posted it last September, been using it ever since) , but adding xda respect to it makes it infinitely better ;) thanks.

mjhuffer

Sep 17, 2007
Indianapolis
I don't think there is any real need for an update at this point. This is running solid as a rock for my but i did switch out for the old sense 2.1 lockscreen (personal choice). I was looking around for a way to remove the recent apps from the notification menu and I found this thanks to frickinjerms.
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=16336937&postcount=11750

Just flash through recovery making sure you wipe cache and dalvik.

A matter a fact most of the Synergy mods may work for this rom considering they are running on the same base. Don't trust my word on this though always make sure to Nandroid and wipe from front to back (never from back to front).

mjhuffer

Sep 17, 2007
Indianapolis
I don't really miss much from sense 3.0. A matter a fact I think it was way overdone and really choppy on our phones. The one thing I would love to see from 3.0 is the weather. If somebody could implement the sense 3.0 weather into this rom it would be great. Also does anybody know how to get a bootanimation sound to work.

Reactions: retrofred

retrofred

Sep 25, 2006
canyon country
2.1 Lock Screen

i liked you rom, but don't care for the lockring thingy. how do you revert back the stock 2.1 lockscreen? the rom is quite solid and fast, but the 3.0 lockring just killed it for me.

mjhuffer

Sep 17, 2007
Indianapolis
i liked you rom, but don't care for the lockring thingy. how do you revert back the stock 2.1 lockscreen? the rom is quite solid and fast, but the 3.0 lockring just killed it for me.

Here will you please test this for me. Do a full nandroid just in case and please post results. I used another .zip to use this so don't mind the text when flashing. Make sure you wipe dalvik and cache.

Revert to Sense 2.1 Lockscreen.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Welcome to SalvageMod Sense. This is a fun side project I've been working on. SalvageMod Sense is a HTC Sense project based off the Speedy Sense 2.1 upgrade. This does not contain the usual 3.0+2.1 merge you might be used to, and is not the goal of this project. So no asking. I thought I would share this ROM with you guys for anyone wanting a stable sense 2.1 experience. The ROM is uploaded to Google Code so if you're interested you may visit the links provided below.

This project features a fairly stock, yet enhanced, sense 2.1 experience. It also features a new kernel based on HTCs source code, ChopSuey. This kernel is open source on Google Code as well, again, links provided below. The kernel is fairly stock with a few additions, but more to come.

Why is it called SalvageMod!? I dunno.. I don't really like coming up with names. SalvageMod took a lot of brain power. At some point, my homie lith might join in and contribute to this one, so I figured we'd keep the team name together.

See the changelog above for detailed changes.

Thanks to leoisright for getting me interested in this port with the very first "alpha" he released. I have been picking away here and there ever since :D

Known issues:
    -Boot animation is broke. Sits on "salvage-mod" but it's booting. Be patient.
    -HDMI out?

: Disclaimer :
    We are not responsible for any damage you do to your phone, or anything that results after using our software. Also know, this is a "release candidate". Although I consider it quite stable, the kernel and ROM are still new to the public. YMMV.
    What does this ROM look like?
    Sense.

To do:
    Implement undervolting
    Allow overclocking
    Add a few more cpu scaling options to the mix
    Few UI changes I have in mind
    Fix boot animation (compression issue I do believe)
    Fix slight alignment issue on lockscreen text previews (almost money)
    Add more options to notification widgets
    Implement some OG salvage goods?
    Clean some more things up. Still a little overweight
    Some system apps needs updating
    Remove pesky location notification
    Run a marathon
    Take my dog for a walk
    barnacles, this is exactly what i was hoping for man. No disrespect to any of the 2.1 + 3.0 "accents" ROM's, but they just seemed a bit laggy for me (especially when pulling down the notification bar). This feels very quick, has enough extra, but still slim. Appreciate this!
    This is probably a stupid question but, in the changelog is says it's based on Android 2.1, does this mean Eclair, or Sense 2.1?

Fixed to be more clear. Sorry about the confusion.
    Does epst work on this rom? I need a stock-ish sense rom to update my profile after radio flash, (doesn't work on synergy or aosp, i.e - the roms I use)

TIA

Yes it does ...