Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

[Q] Returning to stock issues

91 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Jimzoaar, Member on 7th February 2014, 10:29 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi All,

I am currently returning to stock, and have gone through some very weird and wonderful ways to get to where I am.

However, after hitting a brick wall in my last attempt (now solved by the recently released firewater s-off) I would like to finally complete the process.

Also, ideally, I would like to get to a point where I can make a few minor changes, flash a new rom, and switch between stock and my GE 4.4.2 custom ROM, can anyone advise if this is possible also?

Now, onto the problem, please be aware I have posted this thread which i got some fantastic support on, unfortunately I have hit issues further down the line.

Please see phone details below;

Quote:

(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.44.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 4A.13.3231.27
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 1.28.401.7
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-OFF
(bootloader) serialno: -
(bootloader) imei: -
(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: m7_ul
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
(bootloader) modelid: PN0710000
(bootloader) cidnum: H3G__001
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 4330mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: off
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
getvar:all FAILED (status read failed (Too many links))
finished. total time: 0.071s

The error I am currently getting is that the backup folder is not appearing in the list of available restores. I have always got stuck at this point, however let me give you the exact steps. Once the RUU has been flashed I change the CID to H3G__001. I then boot (not flash) into CWM recovery. I then adb push the original CWM backup file to the location in the thread. It then says no restore files available when i try and restore.

Note: Do i need to be rooted to do this? Obviously I am not after flashing the stock Europe RUU, I had managed to get the folder to appear as a restore by rooting, and then copying into the folder in explorer on a desktop. When I tried to run this it advised me that the MD5 did not match....

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have postponed my repair for a while and would really like to get this resolved so I can stop pestering XDA!!!!

Thanks in advance!!!

7th February 2014, 11:03 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 703

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimzoaar

Hi All,

I am currently returning to stock, and have gone through some very weird and wonderful ways to get to where I am.

However, after hitting a brick wall in my last attempt (now solved by the recently released firewater s-off) I would like to finally complete the process.

Also, ideally, I would like to get to a point where I can make a few minor changes, flash a new rom, and switch between stock and my GE 4.4.2 custom ROM, can anyone advise if this is possible also?

Now, onto the problem, please be aware I have posted this thread which i got some fantastic support on, unfortunately I have hit issues further down the line.

Please see phone details below;

The error I am currently getting is that the backup folder is not appearing in the list of available restores. I have always got stuck at this point, however let me give you the exact steps. Once the RUU has been flashed I change the CID to H3G__001. I then boot (not flash) into CWM recovery. I then adb push the original CWM backup file to the location in the thread. It then says no restore files available when i try and restore.

Note: Do i need to be rooted to do this? Obviously I am not after flashing the stock Europe RUU, I had managed to get the folder to appear as a restore by rooting, and then copying into the folder in explorer on a desktop. When I tried to run this it advised me that the MD5 did not match....

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have postponed my repair for a while and would really like to get this resolved so I can stop pestering XDA!!!!

Thanks in advance!!!

remove S/N & IMEI
your link is not working
The Following User Says Thank You to kamilmirza For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kamilmirza Ad-Free
7th February 2014, 11:05 AM |#3  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamilmirza

remove S/N & IMEI
your link is not working

Thank you.

SN and IMEI removed and link updated.
7th February 2014, 11:09 AM |#4  

More
Quote:

Thank you.

SN and IMEI removed and link updated.

what is your problem?
i couldn't understand what you are trying to say
The Following User Says Thank You to kamilmirza For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kamilmirza Ad-Free
7th February 2014, 11:13 AM |#5  
OP Member

More
Quote:

what is your problem?
i couldn't understand what you are trying to say

After running

Quote:

adb push C:\Users\James.mildren\Desktop\H3G\2013-04-20.21
.00.00 /data/media/clockworkmod/backup/2013-04-20.21.00.00

There is no restore files available (As there should be, i presume)?
7th February 2014, 11:21 AM |#6  

More
Quote:

After running

There is no restore files available (As there should be, i presume)?

why you removed your backup, in first place?
you can try Titanium Backup, which allows you to restore your recovery backups (CWM & TWRP)
7th February 2014, 11:23 AM |#7  
OP Member

More
Quote:

you can try Titanium Backup, which allows you to restore your recovery backups (CWM & TWRP)

What do you mean removed?

I will try Titanium backup now....
7th February 2014, 11:25 AM |#8  

More
Quote:

What do you mean removed?

I will try Titanium backup now....

i meant why you moved your backup from cwm folder
7th February 2014, 11:25 AM |#9  
OP Member

More
Quote:

Do you mean the 'Extract from Nandroid backup...' option? I cannot help but think that will only pull the app data through to be restored?
7th February 2014, 11:26 AM |#10  
OP Member

More
Quote:

i meant why you moved your backup from cwm folder

I have had to re download a stock backup to return to stock as I did not have one. So I need to copy back to the CWM folder....
7th February 2014, 11:26 AM |#11  

More
Quote:

Do you mean the 'Extract from Nandroid backup...' option? I cannot help but think that will only pull the app data through to be restored?

yes
that is what you wanted, right?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)