Flag Youngstown
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by q-killer

I get

adb connect 192.168.0.144
unable to parse 192.168.0.144 as <host>:<port>

would be nice to root this sucker so we can possibly get totally unprocessed video
passthrough and enable some features for the picture in picture... right now it sucks, you can't even play a game or watch tv and another input at the same time...

Yea u can i have my xbox setup as the stb and i keep the xbox on pip all the time as for other inputs theres only one hdmi input
26th December 2011, 10:18 AM |#352  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Just got a Revue for my Dad for Christmas and I gotta say that it has blown my low expectations away. How is the bad press this thing has gotten jading the dev community so much??? This thing has so much potential! What the hell?
16th January 2012, 06:21 PM |#353  

More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by DincEngineer

Just got a Revue for my Dad for Christmas and I gotta say that it has blown my low expectations away. How is the bad press this thing has gotten jading the dev community so much??? This thing has so much potential! What the hell?

For a Google TV app developer it is just wonderful and cheap hardware because it can be use at a dev and test platform for regular Google TV app development. For a Google TV app developer the Revue is invaluable and low cost for real-life testing on actual TV screens short of an actual Google TV integrated product. Now at Android 3.1 you can source code debug your Android code with adb (Android Debug Bridge) over WiFi or LAN from Eclipse while running the app on the TV screen in 1080p and with optical digital audio out How´s that for $99. I´m starting to sound like Steve Ballmer.

adb connect <your box ip> (default port 5555)
and remember to specify IP address of connecting host under "Settings->Applications->Development->Debugger IP address" and enable "Remote debugging"..

Using that Google simulator is a 100 times slower and unrealistic even on an overclocked Core i7 machine so testing this way on real hardware is indispensable for productivity.

From a consumer perspective: For someone like me living outside the US that TV channel setup for all the possible providers within North America was not useful but I got along fine anyway. It integrates nicely with the remote signals of many TV boxes to replace their remotes for basic use. It would be cool if I could find out how to tweak that channel list to add channels for my Swedish channel provider.

Now with TV giants LG and Samsung having announced Google TV adoption at CES 2012 in addition to Sony it won´t be long before the dominant way of consuming content in the living room and various public areas will occur over a TV set where Android apps are involved.

Main reasons for the Revue commercial demise can be it was launched too early, many possible didn´t understand it was a companion box but were expecting a full blown TV receiver, they might not have realized they needed a TV box with HDMI out to plug into it for "Live TV" (the passthrough mode), and (not least) Internet access with Wifi or LAN access and get that configured ! etc... or there may be other setup things that was too techie for the average consumer to get their minds around. I have managed to amass four of them to use in various development situations but there are lots floating around on Ebay due to people not realizing the current potential.
19th January 2012, 03:58 AM |#354  

More
plz upload
tv & movies for google tv has just been updated but i cant update cozz of different country incompbality. so plz somebody upload the latest updated version. i,ll be very thankfull
30th January 2012, 09:41 PM |#355  
Flag Goodyear, AZ
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Hope this is it? Just going by the thumbnail.
2nd February 2012, 06:25 PM |#356  
Flag Sao Paulo
Thanks Meter: 17

More
on gtv hacker, there's a dropbox account with a folder called updated stock apps, go there.
4th February 2012, 04:30 PM |#357  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
I received and installed the 3.2 update for the Sony blu-ray player and now the revision3 app doesn't work correctly. When it plays the video it acts as if it's in portrait mode. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to get this working again?
27th February 2012, 08:16 AM |#358  
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 7

Donate to Me
More
if anyone cares sony got root @gtvhacker
27th February 2012, 08:28 AM |#359  
Thanks Meter: 30

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JugglerLKR

if anyone cares sony got root @gtvhacker

Nice! Could you provide more details?
27th February 2012, 05:18 PM |#361  
Flag Tampa, FL
Thanks Meter: 38

More
if i remember correctly, gtv has already been rooted. i read this news on Engadget. i will try to find the link.

here is the links :-

http://www.engadget.com/2012/02/20/g...full-flash-st/

http://forum.gtvhacker.com/post4711.html
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)