[ROM][9.0.0][Kenzo]AOSP for Redmi Note3[20180825]

Search This thread

#Rohan

Aug 17, 2016
Bhilai
Android-Pie.jpg

Disclaimer:
We are not responsible for anything that may happen to your phone as a result of installing custom roms and/or kernels. you do so at your own risk and take the responsibility upon yourself.

What's AOSP?
AOSP is Android as Google publish without other modifications. More or less AOSP is the Nexus devices stock rom without gapps.
We added few non-AOSP features for a better user experience and we NOT going to add something other.

What's working :
  • Boots
  • RIL (Calls, Sms, Data)
  • Fingerprint
  • Wi-Fi
  • Bluetooth
  • Camera
  • VideoPlayback
  • Audio
  • Sensors
  • Flash
  • Led

Known issues:
  • Hardware encryption
  • Camera is a bit laggy

Instructions:
  • Download the latest build
  • Reboot to recovery
  • Flash the latest build
  • Reboot

Downloads:

Credits:
Thanks all the testers who flashed initial builds & provided logs for all issues & Guys who helped me in fixing things:D

XDA:DevDB Information
AOSP for Redmi Note3, ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 3

Contributors
#Rohan
Source Code: https://github.com/DRohan007/android_kernel_xiaomi_msm8956

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
ROM Firmware Required: Unlocked Bootloader, Decrypted
Based On: AOSP

Version Information
Stable Release Date: 2018-08-25

Created 2018-08-25
Last Updated 2018-08-27

Last edited:

balazs312

Dec 6, 2014
So nice to see that we have stable Pie on Kenzo, good job!
Looking forward to your work and everyone's who's still working on this beast. :p

By the way, is it still laggy? Because few days ago I tried a stable Pie release but it wasn't the smoothest experience.

Addminister

Jan 4, 2018
Hey, thank you for your time in developing this ROM! What do you mean by "camera is slow"? Also, does the slowness cause the app to crash?

Androbots

Recognized Developer
Dec 8, 2014
@#Rohan
Good job Rohan but is the performance smooth like we except to see in Oreo roms?

Last edited:
G

GuestK00171

How is Mobile Standby battery drain? The biggest bug in Oreo-ROMs till today...

Androbots

Recognized Developer
Dec 8, 2014
With official twrp or treble supported?

what do you think??????

---------- Post added at 01:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 AM ----------

@#Rohan I faced game lagging issues when I play PES2018..please fix it?

its the first release plz understand or build your own Pee rom :p

---------- Post added at 01:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:38 AM ----------

short review
its pure aosp ofc dont expect customizations at all.
its not super smooth plz dont think after flashing this you will get pixel smoothness or oreo and nougat smoothness.
didnt face any "MAJOR" bugs bluetooth works so does wifi
camera is ok works for the most part but mostly crashing installed gcam seems ok didnt try getting in the settings tho.
all pie perks present
battery page is weird like I used the device for 30mins but still says screen on time was 0 mins also i dont know oif the mobile standby drain is still present because the battery usage page is prolly broken
the device gets hot after some time expect these things from alphas gapps worked fine no issues.
otherwize i would say the hard part is done its booting with everything working now its just optimizations with custom kernels and also i forgot the button backlight is not working.
once again good job @#Rohan

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Android-Pie.jpg

Disclaimer:
    We are not responsible for anything that may happen to your phone as a result of installing custom roms and/or kernels. you do so at your own risk and take the responsibility upon yourself.

What's AOSP?
    AOSP is Android as Google publish without other modifications. More or less AOSP is the Nexus devices stock rom without gapps.
    We added few non-AOSP features for a better user experience and we NOT going to add something other.

What's working :
    • Boots
    • RIL (Calls, Sms, Data)
    • Fingerprint
    • Wi-Fi
    • Bluetooth
    • Camera
    • VideoPlayback
    • Audio
    • Sensors
    • Flash
    • Led

Known issues:
    • Hardware encryption
    • Camera is a bit laggy

Instructions:
    • Download the latest build
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build
    • Reboot

Downloads:

Credits:
    Thanks all the testers who flashed initial builds & provided logs for all issues & Guys who helped me in fixing things:D

XDA:DevDB Information
    AOSP for Redmi Note3, ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 3

Contributors
    #Rohan
    Source Code: https://github.com/DRohan007/android_kernel_xiaomi_msm8956

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Unlocked Bootloader, Decrypted
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2018-08-25

Created 2018-08-25
    Last Updated 2018-08-27
    People here are making just a simple request. I don't see any harm in that.

do you know this developer ? he is the first who booted pie first time for kenzo, do you know how much time he may have sacrificed for this work? they don't get money from it and still they are doing it.

did you even read my comment or just saying that nothing harm requesting , I've clearly stated that we only have marshmellow blobs from xioami , they didn't provide even nougat blobs but we were fortunate that mi max got official nougat and we got blobs from it , now for oreo mi max will not get official oreo so we can't get blobs for oreo from it, now devs still got blobs from other devices but they are not as compatible as original blobs , now tell me what can devs do if they are not getting enough source or say blobs for oreo, they are trying their best but you people don't understand that THAT PROBLEM IS NOT IN THEIR HAND.

and still you are not satisfied from his work, make rom on your own solve all bugs
    First of all Thank you very much Dev for making this rom.
    Its a great work.
    Rom is running butter smooth, and everything which is needed for using a rom as a daily driver is present in this rom.

Everything which is mentioned at 1st page by dev is running fine, besides this some people ask explicitly what's working, for those, yes, volte( both incoming and outgoing) is working superfine, and selinux is enforcing.
    Due to unofficial gapps, play Store shows"device is not certified" that's what I think. And about battery draining I don't think there is a battery draining problem, at least not that much as Oreo, I got 2 hrs of SOT losing only 20% of battery, and this is remarkable, I don't expect more than that.

I know this is an initial stable build, it's too early to request for features because I know how much effort already has been done to build this rom but following things would make this rom even more beautiful as per my opinion.

Required to fix::. (Minor Bugs)
    1. Settings page opens with a delay of 4-5sec.
    2. Camera also opens with a delay(both front and rear camera)
    3. Search bar in settings page doesn't work.
    4. Changing sim colour doesn't work.
    5. Not able to select backup account.

NO MAJOR BUG IS FOUND YET !

Additional feature (if possible) to make it more beautiful::
    1. Stock pixel launcher for pie
    2. Option to change icon shape.
    3. Option to change accent colour (at least pixel accent colour by default)
    4. Option to enable navigation bar otherwise swipe up home gesture doesn't work.
    5. Adaptive battery feature (I don't know if this is renamed as battery manager)
    6. Add Google Now to the right swipe of home screen.

Still testing this rom, if Somewhere I am wrong, pardon me.
    **After reboot found option to change icon shape in home settings.
    **Hardware button light doesn't lit up.
    **Torch is not working.
    And last of all thanks again for bringing pie to Kenzo !!!!!! :cowboy::cowboy::cowboy:
    @#Rohan Where is the source code? Please post the git link.

Added:)