[ROM/RESTORE] [AT&T/ROGERS/TELUS/BELL]Return to UNROOTED STOCK WITH FLASH COUNT RESET

Search This thread

billard412

Jan 9, 2012
Da burg (412), PA
www.sxtpdevelopers.com
[ROM/RESTORE] [AT&T/ROGERS/TELUS/BELL]Return to UNROOTED STOCK WITH FLASH COUNT RESET

IF YOU HAVE TAKEN THE OTA TO STOCK TW 4.3 DO NOT USE THIS!! IT WILL CAUSE A HARD BRICK!!
I'll try to keep this simple.
So here it goes, short but sweet...
This is a Single recovery flashed file restore to UNROOTED STOCK with STOCK KERNEL, STOCK RECOVERY, MODEM, and Normal System Status with a Flash Counter at 0. Basically a replacement for the odin tar method for a quick on-the-go restore. This is the go-to file for a last minute trip to the at&t store or for unbricking without the need for a pc or ODIN. Plan on selling to buy something newer? Flash this to restore your s3 to an out of the box ota-ready state for the buyer. This will do what odin does with the addition of resetting the flash count during flash. This WILL NOT touch internal storage!
To keep a custom recovery flash one from below after rom flash before rebooting into the system.
To keep root access flash this after install BEFORE rebooting into system.

As with just about any rom you'll find posted on these forums, wipe data/factory reset prior to flashing and FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK as I am not responsible for anything you do to your phone.
Special thanks to @mrksbrd for helping me bring this to the AT&T variant, @Turbojugend for helping me bring this to BELL, @FabC87 for helping me bring this to TELUS, @gutlessmerc for helping me bring this to the 32gb ROGERS variant and @tobesedated for helping me bring it to the 16gb ROGERS variant.
** These zips contain full firmware flashing. Checking the MD5 is highly recommended
FOR THE AT&T/ROGERS/BELL/TELUS S3 (SGH-I747/I747M) ONLY!

INTERESTED IN SEEING THIS ON ANOTHER CARRIER/DEVICE? CLICK HERE! AND LET ME KNOW.

################16gb-ONLY###########################16gb-ONLY#################16gb-ONLY##########16gb-ONLY###########

DLK3 STOCK WITH COUNT RESET 16gb ONLY
MD5- ea1d23b80908d892431b742789c0bc1f

MF1 STOCK WITH COUNT RESET 16gb ONLY
MD5- fbad0df788d77805a3e4b58fe9d82d89

MD5- d7688ae19f2f9c86f23d70594d04f3cd

MD5- e0ad3732ca36b8fd312d30588568def0
####################16gb-ONLY###############16gb-ONLY########16gb-ONLY######################################################
FINALWARNING-2.png

AS SAID IN THE WARNING ABOVE YOU MUST FLASH THE RESTORE THAT IS THE SAME AS YOUR STORAGE CAPACITY. UNLESS YOUR DEVICE IS LISTED IN THE SECOND POST, THERE IS ONLY A 16GB VERSION AVAILABLE. FLASHING IT ON A 32GB OR 64GB DEVICE WILL BRICK IT!
PM me if you own a 32gb or 64gb and are interested in helping me bring this to those devices.

Flash one of these to keep a custom recovery

Flash to keep root

STILL CONFUSED?
THANKS TO @wwjoshdew for the awesome vid!

IF I FORGOT ANYTHING OR YOU NEED MORE INFO YOU CAN PROBABLY FIND IT HERE. PLEASE SEARCH BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS

Last edited:

billard412

Jan 9, 2012
Da burg (412), PA
www.sxtpdevelopers.com
ALL FILES BELOW ARE FOR 32gb MODELS ONLY!!!

################32gb-ONLY###########################32gb-ONLY#################32gb-ONLY##########32gb-ONLY###########

MF1 STOCK WITH COUNT RESET 32gb ONLY
MD5- bfee9a7e6f776aa5a9c06e38fa06ffa0

MD5- 89b2e713047032d089207850502299db

MD5- bbe6341b05c01b5d4395be6701b0ad7f
####################32gb-ONLY###############32gb-ONLY########32gb-ONLY######################################################
FINALWARNING-2.png

Last edited:

smallyetzon

Jan 23, 2012
can i flash this with stock recovery? since i unrooted with mobile odin but left 1 count

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium

Leandre20

Oct 3, 2012
Saint Louis
Now I know i may be a noob to all of this but do I just flash one after another with all the zip files

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

smallyetzon

Jan 23, 2012
I'm afraid you need a PC. You don't actually have to be rooted you only need a custom recovery. You also need a PC to do that tho.

Great effort on this method anyways thanks for the help i keep my hopes up on you guys wating for that miracle way to root my useless no data sync gs3 without a computer Thanks

Sent from my useless no data sync gs3

Reactions: Filantropo75

mrksbrd

Aug 31, 2010
New Jersey
Great effort on this method anyways thanks for the help i keep my hopes up on you guys wating for that miracle way to root my useless no data sync gs3 without a computer Thanks

Smally,

Just curious of "my useless no data sync gs3" means? Are you soft bricked? Please explain so we can get you up and running

smallyetzon

Jan 23, 2012
Smally,

Just curious of "my useless no data sync gs3" means? Are you soft bricked? Please explain so we can get you up and running

my usb port wouldnt charge or sync with computer tried everything so decided to get it fix got the usb port fixed charges ok but still no conection with pc not even shows up on notifications

mrksbrd

Aug 31, 2010
New Jersey
my usb port wouldnt charge or sync with computer tried everything so decided to get it fix got the usb port fixed charges ok but still no conection with pc not even shows up on notifications

I would assume you speaking of the micro end and not the USB port on the computer side? If that's the case will ODIN recognize a com port while in download mode? If your able to do that you will be able to flash a insecure boot image thus allowing ADB commands or use the toolbox in this forum to flash a recovery script. Of your able to do any of these we can get you going again.

smallyetzon

Jan 23, 2012
I would assume you speaking of the micro end and not the USB port on the computer side? If that's the case will ODIN recognize a com port while in download mode? If your able to do that you will be able to flash a insecure boot image thus allowing ADB commands or use the toolbox in this forum to flash a recovery script. Of your able to do any of these we can get you going again.

yes the mini port of my phone ive tried that in download mode no luck but i will try again and get back, how come is impossible to root my gs3 i747 without computer or Odin when you can find lots of ways with older phones and other versions of gs3? i am about to give a reward for a dev to make it happend!! :))

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

IF YOU HAVE TAKEN THE OTA TO STOCK TW 4.3 DO NOT USE THIS!! IT WILL CAUSE A HARD BRICK!!
    I'll try to keep this simple.
    So here it goes, short but sweet...
    This is a Single recovery flashed file restore to UNROOTED STOCK with STOCK KERNEL, STOCK RECOVERY, MODEM, and Normal System Status with a Flash Counter at 0. Basically a replacement for the odin tar method for a quick on-the-go restore. This is the go-to file for a last minute trip to the at&t store or for unbricking without the need for a pc or ODIN. Plan on selling to buy something newer? Flash this to restore your s3 to an out of the box ota-ready state for the buyer. This will do what odin does with the addition of resetting the flash count during flash. This WILL NOT touch internal storage!
    To keep a custom recovery flash one from below after rom flash before rebooting into the system.
    To keep root access flash this after install BEFORE rebooting into system.

As with just about any rom you'll find posted on these forums, wipe data/factory reset prior to flashing and FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK as I am not responsible for anything you do to your phone.
    Special thanks to @mrksbrd for helping me bring this to the AT&T variant, @Turbojugend for helping me bring this to BELL, @FabC87 for helping me bring this to TELUS, @gutlessmerc for helping me bring this to the 32gb ROGERS variant and @tobesedated for helping me bring it to the 16gb ROGERS variant.
    ** These zips contain full firmware flashing. Checking the MD5 is highly recommended
    FOR THE AT&T/ROGERS/BELL/TELUS S3 (SGH-I747/I747M) ONLY!

INTERESTED IN SEEING THIS ON ANOTHER CARRIER/DEVICE? CLICK HERE! AND LET ME KNOW.

################16gb-ONLY###########################16gb-ONLY#################16gb-ONLY##########16gb-ONLY###########
    ______________________________________________________________________________
    U.S.A.%20-%20AT&T.gif

DLK3 STOCK WITH COUNT RESET 16gb ONLY
    MD5- ea1d23b80908d892431b742789c0bc1f
    Canada%20-%20Rogers%20Wireless.gif

MD5- fbad0df788d77805a3e4b58fe9d82d89
    _______________________________________________________________________________
    Canada%20-%20Bell%20mobility.gif

MD5- d7688ae19f2f9c86f23d70594d04f3cd
    Canada%20-%20Telus.gif

MD5- e0ad3732ca36b8fd312d30588568def0
    ####################16gb-ONLY###############16gb-ONLY########16gb-ONLY######################################################
    FINALWARNING-2.png

AS SAID IN THE WARNING ABOVE YOU MUST FLASH THE RESTORE THAT IS THE SAME AS YOUR STORAGE CAPACITY. UNLESS YOUR DEVICE IS LISTED IN THE SECOND POST, THERE IS ONLY A 16GB VERSION AVAILABLE. FLASHING IT ON A 32GB OR 64GB DEVICE WILL BRICK IT!
    PM me if you own a 32gb or 64gb and are interested in helping me bring this to those devices.

Flash one of these to keep a custom recovery

Flash to keep root

STILL CONFUSED?
    THANKS TO @wwjoshdew for the awesome vid!

IF I FORGOT ANYTHING OR YOU NEED MORE INFO YOU CAN PROBABLY FIND IT HERE. PLEASE SEARCH BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS
    ALL FILES BELOW ARE FOR 32gb MODELS ONLY!!!

################32gb-ONLY###########################32gb-ONLY#################32gb-ONLY##########32gb-ONLY###########
    Canada%20-%20Rogers%20Wireless.gif

MD5- bfee9a7e6f776aa5a9c06e38fa06ffa0
    Canada%20-%20Bell%20mobility.gif

MD5- 89b2e713047032d089207850502299db
    Canada%20-%20Telus.gif

MD5- bbe6341b05c01b5d4395be6701b0ad7f
    ####################32gb-ONLY###############32gb-ONLY########32gb-ONLY######################################################
    FINALWARNING-2.png
    Another awesome job bro, works like a charm. Way better than using ODIN with the added benefit of resetting the flash counter
    Another awesome job bro, works like a charm. Way better than using ODIN with the added benefit of resetting the flash counter
    Couldn't have done it without your assistance. Thanks again
    Is there anyway to check what carrier the phone was originally purchased from? Or can all 3 of the Canadian s3's be interchanged like if I had a bell device and restored the rogers ROM. I am wondering this because I bought a phone from kijiji and am not sure where its from
    If you're unsure then I recommend using Odin instead. I know the 747M models are all the same but since they all have they're own Odin tar files, they must be different somewhere. And if you attempt to flash a Odin tar for a different phone than you have, it will fail as a safety feature to prevent a brick. This on the other hand will not. Better safe than sorry. I would hate to see a brick happen

EDIT: As said above, odin won't let you flash the wrong firmware to your device. So HERE is the ROGERS S3 firmware(Load in PDA slot of odin). It will only take a few seconds to flash this. If it succeeds, then your phone must be rogers. If it fails, then you know not to use this.