By scandiun, XDA Ad-Free Senior Member on 24th November 2012, 09:51 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
16th November 2013, 10:24 PM |#91  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 912

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JugglerLKR

I have either to convert with some tools or to edit backups. Coz on the old phone helium doesn't work coz it requires 4.x, and the old phone 2.3.x
So I have to use either ultimate backup or titanium backup - both use root.
New phone, on the other hand, is 4.x, but no root, so I can't use ultimate/titanium and have to use helium.
That's the problem I'm facing with.

Which device is the one with android 2.3?

16th November 2013, 10:34 PM |#92  
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 7

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by scandiun

Which device is the one with android 2.3?

Dell Streak 7
16th November 2013, 10:56 PM |#93  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

Dell Streak 7

I suggest you:

1) Make Titanium Backup of the desired apps (you can do also clockworkmod backup) on the Dell Streak 7.

2) Flash Unofficial CM10.1 for Dell Streak 7 and restore all desired apps from tb or cwm (there are several apps for that in play store).

3) Now that you have 4.x you can use adb backup on it and restore on the new unrooted phone. Note that not everything is stored on adb backups, so check individually all apps if is restored what you want to.
16th November 2013, 11:01 PM |#94  
Flag Moscow

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I suggest you:
2) Flash Unofficial CM10.1 for Dell Streak 7 and restore all desired apps from tb or cwm (there are several apps for that in play store).

Impossible. There are lot of apps and games for my kid. It is better for me to forget about fifa 14 than to ruin my child's tablet.
Anyway thanks for suggestion, I'm thinking about android x86 virtual machine for that purpose, I have just to make sure that titanium backup works in it.
16th November 2013, 11:08 PM |#95  
OP Senior Member

More
If the ab file is plain tar you can remove from it the first 24 bytes and then convert with abe.jar
16th November 2013, 11:11 PM |#96  
Flag Moscow

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

If the ab file is plain tar you can remove from it the first 24 bytes and then convert with abe.jar

If you mean helium data backup - are you sure about it that there is only header and nothing else there?
16th November 2013, 11:15 PM |#97  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

If you mean helium data backup - are you sure about it that there is only header and nothing else there?

It looks like so. You can try with an hex editor and remove the first unneeded bytes.

You should check that has the proper manifest file inside like would a normal backup.
16th November 2013, 11:17 PM |#98  
Flag Moscow

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

It looks like so. You can try with an hex editor and remove the first unneeded bytes.

You should check that has the proper manifest file inside like would a normal backup.

Doesn't work. At least 7zip says it is not correct tar file.
16th November 2013, 11:27 PM |#99  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

Doesn't work. At least 7zip says it is not correct tar file.

Then probably you didn't remove the exact number of bytes. Make apps string to start at the beginning of the archive.
17th November 2013, 06:57 AM |#100  
Flag Moscow

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Then probably you didn't remove the exact number of bytes. Make apps string to start at the beginning of the archive.

This is exactly how I did it! I can send you the file it is very small, so you can examine it too. If you don't mind.

Rooting android x86 in vmware is not that simple. I still can't figure out why the root script from xda doesn't work for me.
17th November 2013, 01:54 PM |#101  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

This is exactly how I did it! I can send you the file it is very small, so you can examine it too. If you don't mind.

Rooting android x86 in vmware is not that simple. I still can't figure out why the root script from xda doesn't work for me.

Send me the file then privately.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread