USSENTERNCC1701E

Sep 21, 2010
Logan
Last edited:

USSENTERNCC1701E

Sep 21, 2010
Logan
Screw-ups, Updates, Reviews

I'm actually an Eris user, a friend of mine just got a Fascinate and I'm trying to help him get started, the Eris thread has a post along these lines and it really helps with keeping track of what options there are. I have no intention of actively maintaining or monitoring this... that being said, if I've mis-credited anyone, if you do not want your ROM listed here, or if you do and it's not, feel free to PM me and I'll correct the issue. Also, not to overstep my bounds, but I would love it if a Moderator could well, hijack this.

There seems to be some interest in end user reviews of ROMs. So I threw a poll up to see what kind of spread there is in the usage (cred Fappy Jones). I ask that if you do vote, leave a review of your experience and why you chose the ROM you did, even if its just because its the first and only you've used. Please though NO FLAMING, critiquing is one thing, but be respectful about it, a lot of time and heart is invested in these ROMs.

Last edited:

Deodexed

Sep 14, 2010
USA
I will post this on our forums. .. good work.

Posted from my Galaxy S Fascinate. Visit us at ModADroid.com.

crispybacon

Nov 3, 2010
Nor Cal
Awesome man this was very needed, this should for sure be stickied.

I posted it on Android Central too for the user's there who don't check here too.:cool:

rmtobler

Sep 21, 2010
It would be cool if someone could do a review of each basically stating basically the pros/cons of each one or just what makes it unique from the others.

crispybacon

Nov 3, 2010
Nor Cal
Well from experience with both Deodexed and JT's Rom's they're both really good. So it's tough to say which is the best there, but i'm currently on JT's. Only because i'm debating on going back to a Voodoo kernel. :)

But yeah a survey or poll of which Rom user's like/use the most would be a great idea.

SDC_Bolts

Jan 21, 2009
I am on black hole right now, was on the Zinc for a long time. Right now all pretty close, all matters on theme you prefer I think.

Black hole does not show verizon in market, not sure about Zinc, didn't pay attention.

Coming from a D1 user and constantly pushing new Roms, I would love to see devs getting their own sections like droidforums does, so easy to follow devs that way. Not meant to offend by that statement.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App

massappeal16

Nov 30, 2010
Id like to see some screen shots of these if possible? Im using Super Clean right now... but would like to have the battery icon replaced with a circle one that has the percentage and changes colors as it decreses... any ideas?

USSENTERNCC1701E

Sep 21, 2010
Logan
Id like to see some screen shots of these if possible? Im using Super Clean right now... but would like to have the battery icon replaced with a circle one that has the percentage and changes colors as it decreses... any ideas?

Then post some screen shots, end users are the testers for custom ROMs. You're using Super Clean and want screen shots from other ROMs, there's probably someone who is using another ROM that wants a review of or screen shots from Super Clean.

Ransackum

Nov 16, 2010
What are you using to install? I use Rom Manager. When I downloaded Super Clean it gave me some theme options, one of whitch was "Revolution w/circle battery." Running it right now. Love the circle battery with percent aswell.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App

Sublym1

Nov 6, 2010
Ewa Beach, HI
Here's a shot of my Fascinate running Jt's Super Clean ROM & Storm's Blackish Mod Theme w/ Power Mod & Accurate Battery.

snap20101109_234630.png

Lokean13

Feb 11, 2009
Are any of these roms based off of Froyo?

EDIT: I'm sorry if this is a dumb post, I have a vibrant with a froyo rom, the fascinate I'm using is my brother's so I'm not familiar with the ROMs.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts