FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: What do you think about the Fairphone?

I already own a Fairphone (FP).

46 Vote(s)
86.79%
I ordered or consider to buy a FP.

5 Vote(s)
9.43%
No FP for me yet, but the idea is interesting.

2 Vote(s)
3.77%
Fair? Nothing in life is fair.

0 Vote(s)
0%

Fairphone - Technical details, links and Q&A interaction with Fairphone [26 Jul 2014]

1,148 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,680

By benkxda, Senior Member on 13th July 2013, 03:49 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
2nd September 2014, 11:56 PM |#731  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by simsalonaut

AOSP user reporting in, thanks for not forgetting about Stock Android!

• Red camera tint removed, though might have gone a bit too far, as there is a blue halo visible around the center now
  • Battery no longer stuck at 14%. Instead, it now drops instantly from ~12% to zero, and glitches when recharging. Doesn't happen everytime though; is it possible that the system needs a few cycles to recalibrate?
  • EPO: I noticed a few small changes in settings (Update period setting), but with the servers at Mediatek being so unstable, that doesn't really help. This solution by @BlaY0 seems to be the best, but since I am a noob regarding baksmaling, I'd appreciate it if this could be implemented into the next update. How about it, @_keesj?
Organizational issue: This thread is getting too long to read - I think it's time to start separate threads for issues like GPS accuracy and so on. What do you guys think?

And last but not least: Over a year since the first post, this subforum is finally dealing with the topics it's meant to deal with: Not just feedback on bugs, but actual ROM development - and that is awesome.

Problem with the battery suddenly dropping from 1X % to zero also occurs with FPOS after update to 1.6 and repartitioning.
3rd September 2014, 12:08 PM |#732  
Thanks Meter: 30

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by simsalonaut

And last but not least: Over a year since the first post, this subforum is finally dealing with the topics it's meant to deal with: Not just feedback on bugs, but actual ROM development - and that is awesome.

True! Maybe we should move bug reports etc to another thread?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fredflegel For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fredflegel Ad-Free
4th September 2014, 09:38 PM |#733  
Thanks Meter: 47

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredflegel

Yes, that's what they are for. Also to have a nice overview over everything and being able to help each other (usually the OP must include everything in their post) use the wiki! http://forum.xda-developers.com/wiki...hone_Fairphone
The Following User Says Thank You to Unrelashade For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Unrelashade Ad-Free
5th September 2014, 06:42 PM |#734  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredflegel

I appreciate to bring up other threads, like bug reporting. And for developing threads it's always better to start a DevDB thread, where you can assign a Q&A thread and you have options to display, like feature requests and bug reports.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unrelashade

Yes, that's what they are for. Also to have a nice overview over everything and being able to help each other (usually the OP must include everything in their post) use the wiki! http://forum.xda-developers.com/wiki...hone_Fairphone

The wiki needs some work I think. For example there is another Fairphone out there, means, for the Fairphone 2014 you can remove the "M" from the SoC. Maybe we can push it a bit more? Can you place it in your signature? I included it in the (still very unknown) Fairphone index.
16th September 2014, 10:55 AM |#735  
Flag Amsterdam
Thanks Meter: 137

More
xda:devcon 2014
Hi,

We will be joining the xda devcon this year. I hope we can get in touch with some of you. I personally hope to get a better understanding of the XDA eco system and I am also looking forwards to talk to some MediaTek people.

See you there!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to _keesj For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift _keesj Ad-Free
17th September 2014, 01:53 PM |#736  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
xda:devcon -> Mediatek contact
Quote:
Originally Posted by _keesj

Hi,

We will be joining the xda devcon this year. I hope we can get in touch with some of you. I personally hope to get a better understanding of the XDA eco system and I am also looking forwards to talk to some MediaTek people.

See you there!

Good to hear you want to get in contact with Mediatek. Maybe you can get a hint why they're disclosing information about their GSM baseband processor that much. Harald Welte gives in chapter 7 of his phone "anatomy" paper [1] reasonable arguments why there's no need for it.

I wish all of you a good conference and best wishes getting in contact with the Mediatek guys.

[1] laforge.gnumonks.org/papers/gsm_phone-anatomy-latest.pdf
17th September 2014, 08:24 PM |#737  
Flag Amsterdam
Thanks Meter: 214

More
Hackathon/think tank next week in The Hague - win a ticket!
Hi,

To those based around the Netherlands (and not going to xda:devcon), there's an exciting event on the beach near The Hague next week: WTHX. It's a 2-day hackathon/think tank on 25 & 26 Sept. More here:
http://wthx.org

"WTHX is part hackathon and part think-tank, bringing together a diverse group of thinkers and makers to address the themes of Peace, Justice and Security"

And for those in the area who can attend - we have a ticket to give away! Reply with a line about why you want to go, and we'll put you in a random drawing for a free ticket. Hope you can attend!

[hopefully this kind of giveaway is in accordance with XDA guidelines?]
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joemier For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift joemier Ad-Free
18th September 2014, 07:11 PM |#738  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joemier

Hi,

To those based around the Netherlands (and not going to xda:devcon), there's an exciting event on the beach near The Hague next week: WTHX. It's a 2-day hackathon/think tank on 25 & 26 Sept. More here:
http://wthx.org1

"WTHX is part hackathon and part think-tank, bringing together a diverse group of thinkers and makers to address the themes of Peace, Justice and Security"

And for those in the area who can attend - we have a ticket to give away! Reply with a line about why you want to go, and we'll put you in a random drawing for a free ticket. Hope you can attend!

[hopefully this kind of giveaway is in accordance with XDA guidelines?]

No problems with XDA rules here.
But fix your link, remove the "1". Well, probably all of us know how tho reach the website anyway
4th October 2014, 09:57 PM |#739  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Does this work for any android devices?
I got the s308 Cubut i can only install on 1gb of 16 gb internal.
9th October 2014, 12:07 PM |#740  
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Is the Fairphone vulnerable though the AOSP browser bug?

Are there plans for a security patch?

Regards
15th October 2014, 01:53 PM |#741  
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by haiag

Is the Fairphone vulnerable though the AOSP browser bug?

Are there plans for a security patch?

Regards

@keesj Sry, I did not linker you here.

Sent from my FP1 using XDA Free mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)