If M$ doesn't toss us an update soon I'm tossing M$

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

sirandrew

Dec 14, 2009
Buffalo
It is also worth mentioning that carriers delay pushed updates. Different phone builds push back updates. Discovered bugs prior to release push back updates. I would rather wait extra months for an update that does not magically turn my phone into a paperweight. I like my HD7 running WP7. It does what I want it to. Text, Phone, and Internet all in a very nice package.

As for the missing features...

Cut and copy? Seriously? This is a big deal? Use a computer to write your novel instead of your phone. I think you may be missing the purpose of a "Phone" rather then of a "Laptop/Desktop".

pillsburydoughman

Nov 19, 2010
Yup, that added something to the thread.

it's a stupid thread to begin with. who exactly is OP threatening? what's the point of crying because a "copy and paste" update is delayed for 1 week. He went 5months without it and he KNEW the phone didn't come with copy and paste and yet he claims to be a fanboy defending us mere mortals from the android horde. Grow up kids, we don't make products for fanboys. We make them for real people.

z33dev33l

Oct 17, 2008
Austin, TX
Not concerned with C&P, never used it. Multi-tasking of some sort would be pretty awesome, a few of the more trivial options, etc. Doesn't need much to catch up but some of what it does is big.
I am aware that the URL said January update and it was officially released to carriers at that point. From there the carriers approved but with the initial update that added nothing the Samsung devices were screwed (leave it to samsung) then from there it came back to microsoft. I assume at this point it's going through a second approval stage after microsoft cleaned up Samsungs mess but that is speculation.

jasongw

It is also worth mentioning that carriers delay pushed updates. Different phone builds push back updates. Discovered bugs prior to release push back updates. I would rather wait extra months for an update that does not magically turn my phone into a paperweight. I like my HD7 running WP7. It does what I want it to. Text, Phone, and Internet all in a very nice package.

Cut and copy? Seriously? This is a big deal? Use a computer to write your novel instead of your phone. I think you may be missing the purpose of a "Phone" rather then of a "Laptop/Desktop".

Shifting the blame doesn't really work, and many people have pointed out LOADS of features that even dumbphones have had for years.

Look, I LOVE the UI of WP7, and they've done more right with their v1 product than anybody ever has. But the fact of the matter is that even though all those things are true, they left out a lot of OBVIOUS features that yes, people miss and use. And misuse :)

z33dev33l

Oct 17, 2008
Austin, TX
it's a stupid thread to begin with. who exactly is OP threatening? what's the point of crying because a "copy and paste" update is delayed for 1 week. He went 5months without it and he KNEW the phone didn't come with copy and paste and yet he claims to be a fanboy defending us mere mortals from the android horde. Grow up kids, we don't make products for fanboys. We make them for real people.

A consumer-oriented business does not operate strictly on delays and false hope. I do enjoy how you toss in a number of petty insults without reason. It is not the C&P or even the update I'm concerned with. It's the principle of the thing. Yes, call other people child-like and then insult people on a third grade level. Irony is a terrible thing to go unrecognized.

jasongw

Not concerned with C&P, never used it. Multi-tasking of some sort would be pretty awesome, a few of the more trivial options, etc. Doesn't need much to catch up but some of what it does is big.
I am aware that the URL said January update and it was officially released to carriers at that point. From there the carriers approved but with the initial update that added nothing the Samsung devices were screwed (leave it to samsung) then from there it came back to microsoft. I assume at this point it's going through a second approval stage after microsoft cleaned up Samsungs mess but that is speculation.

I get all of that--but the point is that, at this stage, it's looking more and more like Microsoft is dragging their feet in bringing *basic* features. What we SHOULD be getting this month is Mango, and if Microsoft seriously believes they have any room to rest on their laurels against iPhone and Android, they're seriously mistaken.

lekki

Mar 17, 2008
Chicago
I hate to say it, but the OP is right and the defenders are wrong. And I'm throwing down the gauntlet, too: if NoDo doesn't hit in March, I'm DONE.

No one cares if you're done though.

I mean seriously, no one on this forum will care. Even MS won't care as you already paid the money for the phone. A returned phone is no skin of MS **** but the OEM. And they don't take phones back either unless they're defective.

Why do you feel we need to know you'll be done? Especially since no one cares?:confused:

MartyLK

Apr 19, 2010
Oklahoma City

Eh...I guess what we all should do on a social site like this is shut up, huh? There can be no reason to voice any concerns or feeling ever, huh?

PG2G

Nov 7, 2010
It's just growing pains, relax. I'm sure updates will be much smoother in the future.

I think the important thing to note here is that the delays to delivery of this update are unrelated to the development of the update. The slowdown here isn't necessarily going to have any major impacts on the schedule of the more important future updates. It's all just process that needs to be ironed out.

Reactions: Michael-Dallas

MartyLK

Apr 19, 2010
Oklahoma City
No one cares if you're done though.

I mean seriously, no one on this forum will care. Even MS won't care as you already paid the money for the phone. A returned phone is no skin of MS **** but the OEM. And they don't take phones back either unless they're defective.

Why do you feel we need to know you'll be done? Especially since no one cares?:confused:

But they will care when said offended users spread the word.

doministry

Sep 25, 2008
Bytom, Poland
doministry.blogspot.com

Yes Copy & Paste is big ****ing deal on a profi OS and an industry standard since 2000. Get it or get lost.

Anyway I agree with original post 100000%.
OS is great but at this timeframe we will have it ready at the beginning 2012.
And after 3 months all the missing things start to be painful.

@z33dev33l

Android is not choppy anymore. I think. For instance on HD Desire Z....
It is the only choice IF I will decide to switch, again.....

Now I wait for NoDo and MS further announcements regarding updates.
I WANT this to succeed because UI is great and fluid
The ecosystem is also promising.

But so many things missing. I can't wait forever, it's already long time.

lekki

Mar 17, 2008
Chicago
Eh...I guess what we all should do on a social site like this is shut up, huh? There can be no reason to voice any concerns or feeling ever, huh?
No, we should grow up and discuss issues not make meaningless threats.

We've only have two announcements officially from MS, first half of Match and 2nd half of March. The latter was from MS France so I'm not even sure that counts.

Yeah MS is dropping the ball on the updates but 'I'm tossing the phone is M$ doesn't update?' GTFO!!

PG2G

Nov 7, 2010
Yeah MS is dropping the ball on the updates but 'I'm tossing the phone is M$ doesn't update?' GTFO!!

Its funny how emotionally invested in this stuff some people get. Though, I guess it's not entirely surprising when you consider who the author of this thread is.

Long ago I decided the update will get here when it gets here. I don't really care that its not here because the update doesn't offer anything that I'm excited about.

MartyLK

Apr 19, 2010
Oklahoma City
Its funny how emotionally invested in this stuff some people get. Though, I guess it's not entirely surprising when you consider who the author of this thread is.

Long ago I decided the update will get here when it gets here. I don't really care that its not here because the update doesn't offer anything that I'm excited about.

You say that like it's a bad thing. Hmmm...I wonder why? Do you deal with ppl in your life that you can manipulate and direct?

MartyLK

Apr 19, 2010
Oklahoma City
No, we should grow up and discuss issues not make meaningless threats.

We've only have two announcements officially from MS, first half of Match and 2nd half of March. The latter was from MS France so I'm not even sure that counts.

You bet! When MS advertised WP7 as update heavy and a feature, they will piss off a lot of ppl when the don't fulfill it. Blame the offender not the offended.

PG2G

Nov 7, 2010
You say that like it's a bad thing. Hmmm...I wonder why? Do you deal with ppl in your life that you can manipulate and direct?

Where on earth did that come from? lol

It's a bad thing because this isn't that important. To sit here crying about it is ridiculous. I don't have a problem with complaining about it, but the OP acts like Microsoft just stole his chick or something.

MartyLK

Apr 19, 2010
Oklahoma City
Where on earth did that come from? lol

It's a bad thing because this isn't that important. To sit here crying about it is ridiculous.

I suppose we all are exactly alike and what is important to you is what's important to everyone else. That's the philosophy of a dictator. They have no room for the cares and concerns of others. If something isn't important to them, it can't be important to anyone else.

You bet it IS important. Nobody is crying either. We are socializing.

sure haven't

Feb 5, 2009

Oh my goodness you moron.

Here, allow me to explain it you, because since it's been posted in 400 other threads, you're obviously not understanding:

NO ONE CARES ABOUT THE CONTENT OF THE UPDATE

WHAT WE CARE ABOUT IS MICROSOFT'S DEDICATION TO THE PLATFORM

AT THIS POINT, THEY ARE STARTING TO DO WHAT EVERYONE SAID THEY WOULD: SCREW IT ALL UP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Seriously people. Seriously. SERIOUSLY!!! It's actually getting annoying. Yes, this is a discussion and I will discuss why I think this is dumb.

1st: Who has more to lose with these updates? Us or Microsoft? I'm pretty sure Microsoft wants to keep their customers happy, so I'm sure they are working very hard to get this update out and WORKING CORRECTLY. Do you know how hard it is to get something this complex to work on the first try? And it didn't even work on the first try (with pre-NoDo), so they have to find the problem (which apparently doesn't seem like it's theirs but it could be so I won't saying anything else. Don't say to put more people to work on it, as according to Fred Brooke's Law (if you're in the computer science realm) you know adding more people to a problem near the end of the project delays it.

2nd: Stop relying on rumors, guess what, they are rumors for a reason. Yes, the website said "January-Update", well guess what, it doesn't say January anymore because it wasn't correct. Someone jumped the gun, and it was fixed because guess what? It wasn't true. It happens. People who work on the website aren't usually the ones who are in charge of actually putting out the update. Miscommunication happens, that's why that's the number one problem in software engineering.

3rd: Ballmer did say the first 2 weeks in March. Yesterday, they announced that it was delayed. So guess what? It was delayed ONCE, OFFICIALLY. Microsoft said Q1 of March, the end of March is still Q1. If it's delayed, it's delayed.

4th: Do you want an update to run smoothly or have a high possibility of it messing up? Granted, it still may mess up but hopefully it will be smooth and that is the reason why it's delayed. They want a good experience when it's updated, aka, you just get the update.

5th: This "principal" thing...seriously. It's the principal? How about they principally put it out now and have a huge amount of phones brick or something? Would you be happy because they kept their word?

Final: I think alot of people just need to chill out. If this is affecting your business, you're not a good businessman/woman, you have to be weary of such missing stuff and how it could affect your bottom line. Stop reading every, well don't stop reading, but stop believing everything. When it comes out, it comes out. After it comes out, you'll say you got it and prolly not even care in two days and then "we'll" be talking about how far it is for multitasking and/or next update stuff. Vicious cycle.
    Dude STFU! Official word was 90 days after CES. Officially they are right on time.

Its like you guys dismissed official word and believed bull**** rumors.

Damn I usually criticize this mediocre OS, but you guys are going too far.

Realistically, no profit minded business gives a **** about pushing updates to old hardware. It doesn't make money! Get over it.
    I don't blame you dude. Its getting ridiculous! Microsoft stated that the future updates for Windows Phone 7 would blow the Iphone and Android out the water... I was really excited by this as I had just picked up my Mozart, now 6 months on, no updates at all, nothing, zip! I have also been reading that NoDo will be the only update this year!?!?!

Yes I'm excited to have copy and paste on my device (something that should have been present in the first place) but Microsoft are missing a trick here! Yes this phone has a great UI but without getting the simple things right I can see it flopping. I'm also struggling with the accuracy of many of the Microsoft built in features such as Bing Maps, which can't seem to get me anywhere at all!

SORT IT OUT MICROSOFT!
    In all honesty I don't know where to go from here though. May have to pick up another HD2. Android is too choppy for me and as much as I like the iphone with the WP7 theme the keyboard is too small.
    OH NO YOU GOT ME

I'm not whining, jackass. I miscounted the months. Thanks for being a tool, though.

I don't particularly care if Microsoft ever releases an update or not - I've already sold my WP7 device (turns out the things don't hold their value that well, who woulda thought?) so I was just sharing my experience. GFY, though.

wow, are all your posts this articulate???
    If you don't have the device, then why are you wasting time on this forum?
    And funny, I can't find a hd7 on CL for less than 300, but CL is full of vibrants/ g2's/ mytouch 4g's for 200-250.