[Q&A] Ubuntu on the Transformer (eMMC install)

Search This thread

Blades

Aug 11, 2008
how hard would it be to implement mdadm referencing one emmc partition and one class 10 microsd card? Perhaps if only for /home/ or something.. I suppose creating the device would be simple enough once booted into ubuntu.. then editing the fstab to mount accordingly. Doubtful the kernel is compiled with such support.. I tried to get overclocking working, but damn.. the git sources are a medley of asus-updates.. so which ended up being the final version?

btw.. wicd could work out well for the wireless setup..

Jhinta

Dec 20, 2010
I tried using this because the originally supplied files kept failing at copying the linux.img (even with the suggested .cfg update).

These scripts appeared to work fine, but I cannot boot into Ubuntu. Vol Down + Power works fine, but then pressing Volume Up when suggested, just takes me into CWM. I cannot find an option to boot Ubuntu.

I am 100% sure the ubuntu.img was copied across to the device when running download-ubuntu.sh No errors were reported during running this script. End of output is:

done!
sending file: bootloader.bin
| 943193/943193 bytes sent
bootloader.bin sent successfully
sending file: system.img
/ 536870912/536870912 bytes sent
system.img sent successfully
sending file: ubuntu.img
/ 4194304000/4194304000 bytes sent
ubuntu.img sent successfully
sending file: recovery.img
/ 5242880/5242880 bytes sent
recovery.img sent successfully
sending file: boot.img
/ 8388608/8388608 bytes sent
boot.img sent successfully

Am I missing something fundamental?

I also receive errors when trying to inject the firmware, either in APX mode or not, just with the USB cable attached. Perhaps because Ubuntu isn't found....

In APX mode:

$ sudo ./inject-firmware.sh
Extracting firmware for bluetooth and wifi
Pushing firmware to device
error: device not found
Restarting the wireless module
Cleaning up
Firmwares hopefully installed if all went well
Please note: BT requires a package to be installed from the ppa (coming soon)

Simply with USB cable attached, but booted into Android:

$ sudo ./inject-firmware.sh
Extracting firmware for bluetooth and wifi
Pushing firmware to device
failed to copy './firmware/nvram.txt' to '/lib/firmware/': Is a directory
failed to copy './firmware/fw_bcm4329.bin' to '/lib/firmware/': Is a directory
failed to copy './firmware/BCM4329.hcd' to '/lib/firmware/': Is a directory
Restarting the wireless module
Cleaning up
Firmwares hopefully installed if all went well
Please note: BT requires a package to be installed from the ppa (coming soon)

the firmware neeeds adb mode and not apx !!
and if your using my cwm , it restores recovery and then you have two files Linux.zip or Android.zip you can boot with it if you flash them

phillcX10

May 6, 2010
the firmware neeeds adb mode and not apx !!
and if your using my cwm , it restores recovery and then you have two files Linux.zip or Android.zip you can boot with it if you flash them

Thanks, I had my acronyms mixed up but was indeed only trying this from APX.

Edited to say, if I had of read the README.txt from rdnetto's package I would have figured out that I needed to flash both the Zip files. Apologies for wasting everyone's bandwidth.

Last edited:

rdnetto

Jul 3, 2011
I personally haven't seen either of these. having said that, until I have acceleration I won't be running something like mplayer, the terminal one is odd though

I was (trying to) use mplayer to test audio, which isn't as CPU intensive. I might try rebuilding it later, to see if that fixes it.

I haven't had any problems with the terminal since, so it may have been a once off thing.

On a more reproducible note, I've found that if you leave it on (with the screen closed) for a long period of time, it seems to power down the wifi adapter and can't get it working again (telltale sign: wlan0:avahi appears in ifconfig, but disabling it doesn't have any effect). This can be fixed by unloading then reloading the wifi module.

Also, turning off the screen (or running 'echo 0 > /sys/devices/platform/pwm-backlight/backlight/pwm-backlight/brightness') causes the system to instantly turn off. Since the default setting is to turn off the screen if you close the lid, it might be a good idea to modify the source to prevent this (or figure out why it happens).

how hard would it be to implement mdadm referencing one emmc partition and one class 10 microsd card? Perhaps if only for /home/ or something.. I suppose creating the device would be simple enough once booted into ubuntu.. then editing the fstab to mount accordingly. Doubtful the kernel is compiled with such support.. I tried to get overclocking working, but damn.. the git sources are a medley of asus-updates.. so which ended up being the final version?

btw.. wicd could work out well for the wireless setup..
When using Jhinta's image, I successfully set it up to use an XFS root partition. This isn't very different to mdadm because the XFS kernel modules won't fit in the initrd and need to be stored on the SD card, and you need to modify the boot script accordingly. Not sure if there's any thing special you'd need to do with kernel (not my area of expertise), but if it can be compiled as a kernel module you could use the same technique (or even just use a custom kernel). BTW, XFS was a bad idea - although it's faster, it's not nearly as reliable as ext4. Everytime I crashed it I lost a file, while ext4 was unaffected AFAIK.

I wouldn't suggest it though - soft RAID tends to consume a fair bit of CPU, so it would probably do more harm than good on a system like this.

ultravox

Oct 30, 2006
The package is to be run locally on your computer, put your tablet into APX mode (volume-up + power for a few seconds) and run it

Could you please add this to the instructions ?

you will still be able to update, updates using blobs will still flash all the correct locations and everything, you will just need to reflash the LNX and SOS partitions back to android bootimgs before applying the update

This is a bit technical for my current knowledge. Could someone post a tutorial?

Last edited:

phillcX10

May 6, 2010
Installing and booting into Openbox (not Gnome/Openbox option) has made a noticeable difference to the Ubuntu UI lag. There's still some there, but it feels more like the responsiveness of an early version of Honeycomb with stock ROM now.

I installed:

openbox
obconf
obmenu

When booting into Openbox, right click on the desktop to access the menu. Select obconf, which will allow you to customise theme etc. I'm using Dyne.

Launch a terminal window and type obmenu. This will launch an app allowing you to edit the menu options. You can add sub-menus as well as simply new items to the top level menu.

If I added Conky, I'd just about have an installation of Crunchbang!

Anyway, Openbox does improve UI response.

mclaren2

Dec 4, 2010
ok folkz here is the deal :D

i bought me a 16gb microsdhc card just now, did a backup on it with mybackup root and downloaded everything in post1 (flashkit and nvflash that is).
things are extracted and im ready to go! using ubuntu 11.04 here btw.

why im begging arround here is cause i find the step by step guide in post 1 or 2 a little bit not ennough :p

- i wanna dual boot android (downloaded prime 1.7 final as well) + ubuntu with android as the default option.

now what i do? where do i extract the prime 1.7 files? i suppose that is in the \images folder but what do i need to extract there? all files?

please, if someone would be kind to me and offer me a quick and easy step by step guide for my needs.
i bought a bottle of white wine too so i got some time but would love finish it this evening

big big thanks in advance! :cool:

edit: ok, i know now after reading the first like 8 pages or so that i need a nvflash version of prime, so that means prime 1.6 .. downloading this now...

and yeah, since no one seems to be that much up to help or support me, i might do the rest on myself as well.. reading through other 10 pages of that forum must be fun

Last edited:

phillcX10

May 6, 2010
why im begging arround here is cause i find the step by step guide in post 1 or 2 a little bit not ennough :p

- i wanna dual boot android (downloaded prime 1.7 final as well) + ubuntu with android as the default option.

now what i do? where do i extract the prime 1.7 files? i suppose that is in the \images folder but what do i need to extract there? all files?

please, if someone would be kind to me and offer me a quick and easy step by step guide for my needs

Try this:

http://stream0.org/2011/08/10/dual-booting-android-3-2-and-ubuntu-11-04-on-an-asus-transformer/

tanguita

Aug 2, 2010
ok folkz here is the deal :D

i bought me a 16gb microsdhc card just now, did a backup on it with mybackup root and downloaded everything in post1 (flashkit and nvflash that is).
things are extracted and im ready to go! using ubuntu 11.04 here btw.

please, if someone would be kind to me and offer me a quick and easy step by step guide for my needs.
i bought a bottle of white wine too so i got some time but would love finish it this evening

big big thanks in advance! :cool:

edit: ok, i know now after reading the first like 8 pages or so that i need a nvflash version of prime, so that means prime 1.6 .. downloading this now...

and yeah, since no one seems to be that much up to help or support me, i might do the rest on myself as well.. reading through other 10 pages of that forum must be fun

I have the same issue as you.... I would also be very interested in a post that summarizes what needs to be done in order to install ubuntu and be able to restore all the apps and data in honeycomb.

I've read for example that firmware files need to be injected after doing the ubuntu install. Are there other things that need to be done? is it possible to install ubuntu and keep everything the way it was on honeycob (via apx backup or something?)

mclaren2

Dec 4, 2010
@tanguita

thanks for making noise, feels good to not be alone here :D

trying to sh the file but all i get is:

sudo ./flash-linux-android.sh
reading config file ./ubuntu/bootcfg/bootimg.cfg
reading kernel from ./ubuntu/zImage
reading ramdisk from ./ubuntu/initrd.img
Writing Boot Image linux.img
Nvflash started
USB device not found

that pretty much sucks. i did it once with the transformer just connected via usb to the computer, and once with mounted on ubuntu.
both gives the same error.

ANYONE CAN HELP PLEASE?! (no installing windows is no option for me!)

edit: according to some postings i need to put my transformer into apx mode.. holding volume up + power button.... till "installing drivers" or some message appears.... well i was pressing these ****buttons for like 2 mins and NOTHING happend...

sorry, but i give up.... its way too much work and no one seems to be able to help. better close this thread as it contains many false and wrong infos and everyone seems to be just guessing.

Last edited:

Jhinta

Dec 20, 2010
@tanguita

Nvflash started
USB device not found

that pretty much sucks. i did it once with the transformer just connected via usb to the computer, and once with mounted on ubuntu.

you need apx mode if you dont know how to use it how are you even thinking about this???

lithiasalesjs

@tanguita

Nvflash started
USB device not found

edit: according to some postings i need to put my transformer into apx mode.. holding volume up + power button.... till "installing drivers" or some message appears.... well i was pressing these ****buttons for like 2 mins and NOTHING happend...

sorry, but i give up.... its way too much work and no one seems to be able to help. better close this thread as it contains many false and wrong infos and everyone seems to be just guessing.

Please remove yourself from this thread.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

tanguita

Aug 2, 2010
Well, I know about nvflash and APX. My questions are the following:

1) Is there a way to backup my current honeycomb rom (including apps and data) via APX and use that as my android img's to get the android partition as it was before? or getting the apps/data through APX is out of the question?

2) (more like a sanity check) the only post-install thing that needs to be done is inject the WIFI and bluetooth firmware via ADB?

Thanks in advance

foxtrot5

Mar 9, 2011
Anyone looking at the touchpad on the dock? I'm no touchpad/input expert, but I feel like I'm on to something. I ran evtest (I got it from here http://beagleboard.googlecode.com/files/evtest.c) The touchpad is usually /dev/input/event4 for me.

I find that the touchpad driver posts two kinds of events: relative and absolute. The absolute events are useless when only one finger is used (See attached evtest_capture) The relative events seem to indicate the movement of my finger accurately, but I find that the evdev driver discards relative movement. Absolute events seem to be more "meaningful" when there are two fingers on the touchpad.

Code:
[    12.556] (II) Using input driver 'evdev' for 'elantech_touchscreen'
[    12.556] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/input/evdev_drv.so
[    12.556] (**) elantech_touchscreen: always reports core events
[    12.556] (**) elantech_touchscreen: Device: "/dev/input/event4"
[    12.600] (--) elantech_touchscreen: Found 3 mouse buttons
[    12.600] (--) elantech_touchscreen: Found scroll wheel(s)
[    12.600] (--) elantech_touchscreen: Found relative axes
[    12.600] (--) elantech_touchscreen: Found x and y relative axes
[    12.600] (--) elantech_touchscreen: Found absolute axes
[    12.600] (II) evdev-grail: failed to open grail, no gesture support
[    12.600] (--) elantech_touchscreen: Found x and y absolute axes
[    12.601] (--) elantech_touchscreen: Found absolute touchpad.
[    12.601] (II) elantech_touchscreen: Configuring as touchpad
[    12.601] (II) elantech_touchscreen: Adding scrollwheel support
[    12.601] (**) elantech_touchscreen: YAxisMapping: buttons 4 and 5
[    12.601] (**) elantech_touchscreen: EmulateWheelButton: 4, EmulateWheelInertia: 10, EmulateWheelTimeout: 200
[    12.601] (**) Option "config_info" "udev:/sys/devices/virtual/input/input4/event4"
[    12.601] (II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "elantech_touchscreen" (type: TOUCHPAD)
[B][    12.601] (WW) elantech_touchscreen: touchpads, tablets and touchscreens ignore relative axes.[/B]
[    12.602] (II) elantech_touchscreen: initialized for absolute axes.
[    12.602] (**) elantech_touchscreen: (accel) keeping acceleration scheme 1
[    12.602] (**) elantech_touchscreen: (accel) acceleration profile 0
[    12.602] (**) elantech_touchscreen: (accel) acceleration factor: 2.000
[    12.602] (**) elantech_touchscreen: (accel) acceleration threshold: 4

To top it off, Xorg.0.log gets flooded with this line when "touching" the touchpad:

Code:
[   253.620] (EE) elantech_touchscreen: Tried to post event for non-existent touch 0
[   253.634] (EE) elantech_touchscreen: Tried to post event for non-existent touch 0
[   253.659] (EE) elantech_touchscreen: Tried to post event for non-existent touch 0

It looks like with the new multitouch support in xserver there's this idea of a "Touch Begin" and a "Touch End" and that seems to be handled improperly.

I've looked at the relevant xserver and evdev code and the elan kernel driver. My initial idea is to modify the evdev driver to use the relative events. My builds of the evdev driver are causing hangs at the moment. I'll update with any progress I make, but somebody stop me if I'm reinventing the wheel.

Attachments

• evtest_capture.txt
    12 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Reactions: rdnetto

belzebub40k

Dec 30, 2010
Nexus 7 (2013)
Redmi K20 Pro
Anyone looking at the touchpad on the dock? I'm no touchpad/input expert, but I feel like I'm on to something. I ran evtest (I got it from here http://beagleboard.googlecode.com/files/evtest.c) The touchpad is usually /dev/input/event4 for me.

I find that the touchpad driver posts two kinds of events: relative and absolute. The absolute events are useless when only one finger is used (See attached evtest_capture) The relative events seem to indicate the movement of my finger accurately, but I find that the evdev driver discards relative movement. Absolute events seem to be more "meaningful" when there are two fingers on the touchpad.

Code:
[    12.556] (II) Using input driver 'evdev' for 'elantech_touchscreen'
[    12.556] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/input/evdev_drv.so
[    12.556] (**) elantech_touchscreen: always reports core events
[    12.556] (**) elantech_touchscreen: Device: "/dev/input/event4"
[    12.600] (--) elantech_touchscreen: Found 3 mouse buttons
[    12.600] (--) elantech_touchscreen: Found scroll wheel(s)
[    12.600] (--) elantech_touchscreen: Found relative axes
[    12.600] (--) elantech_touchscreen: Found x and y relative axes
[    12.600] (--) elantech_touchscreen: Found absolute axes
[    12.600] (II) evdev-grail: failed to open grail, no gesture support
[    12.600] (--) elantech_touchscreen: Found x and y absolute axes
[    12.601] (--) elantech_touchscreen: Found absolute touchpad.
[    12.601] (II) elantech_touchscreen: Configuring as touchpad
[    12.601] (II) elantech_touchscreen: Adding scrollwheel support
[    12.601] (**) elantech_touchscreen: YAxisMapping: buttons 4 and 5
[    12.601] (**) elantech_touchscreen: EmulateWheelButton: 4, EmulateWheelInertia: 10, EmulateWheelTimeout: 200
[    12.601] (**) Option "config_info" "udev:/sys/devices/virtual/input/input4/event4"
[    12.601] (II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "elantech_touchscreen" (type: TOUCHPAD)
[B][    12.601] (WW) elantech_touchscreen: touchpads, tablets and touchscreens ignore relative axes.[/B]
[    12.602] (II) elantech_touchscreen: initialized for absolute axes.
[    12.602] (**) elantech_touchscreen: (accel) keeping acceleration scheme 1
[    12.602] (**) elantech_touchscreen: (accel) acceleration profile 0
[    12.602] (**) elantech_touchscreen: (accel) acceleration factor: 2.000
[    12.602] (**) elantech_touchscreen: (accel) acceleration threshold: 4

To top it off, Xorg.0.log gets flooded with this line when "touching" the touchpad:

Code:
[   253.620] (EE) elantech_touchscreen: Tried to post event for non-existent touch 0
[   253.634] (EE) elantech_touchscreen: Tried to post event for non-existent touch 0
[   253.659] (EE) elantech_touchscreen: Tried to post event for non-existent touch 0

It looks like with the new multitouch support in xserver there's this idea of a "Touch Begin" and a "Touch End" and that seems to be handled improperly.

I've looked at the relevant xserver and evdev code and the elan kernel driver. My initial idea is to modify the evdev driver to use the relative events. My builds of the evdev driver are causing hangs at the moment. I'll update with any progress I make, but somebody stop me if I'm reinventing the wheel.

Good to see someone is working on the touchpad. Till now I only got it working when using two fingers. I used mtrack from https://github.com/BlueDragonX/xf86-input-mtrack the evdev driver didn't worked for me. I contacted the developer if he knows why it only works with two fingers but I never get an answer.

mclaren2

Dec 4, 2010

i have 4 words for you ....

thank you very much!

installed prime 1.7 + ubuntu that way, now running ubuntu and trying to get the wifi working, but i guess that should be no problem thanks to that excellent step by step guide :cool::D

i dont mind to have boot into recovery and flash the zip every time when i want to change from android to ubuntu as i dont plan to run ubuntu that often.

thank you again!

oh i got a problem: im on the ubuntu login screen now, i need to enter a username but cant as it wont show me any virtual keyboard .... any trick to get it?

Last edited:

phillcX10

May 6, 2010

thank you very much!

oh i got a problem: im on the ubuntu login screen now, i need to enter a username but cant as it wont show me any virtual keyboard .... any trick to get it?

I'm glad the guide was of help to you.

With regards to your question: You will either need to have the Transformer docked with the keyboard, or in the first post of this thread, lilstevie explains how to get an on screen touch keyboard up and running. Step 5 of that first post. You'll need adb again. I've tried it, and it works, but the onscreen keyboard is not very user friendly, still it works.

Jhinta

Dec 20, 2010

thank you very much!

installed prime 1.7 + ubuntu that way, now running ubuntu and trying to get the wifi working, but i guess that should be no problem thanks to that excellent step by step guide :cool::D

i dont mind to have boot into recovery and flash the zip every time when i want to change from android to ubuntu as i dont plan to run ubuntu that often.

thank you again!

lol ya , read again :D ,,

and there are people working on touchpad , also mtrack will not work onless you remap the whole prosses , there are some option.

all i can say is soon :cool: doesnt mean you need to stop !! :p

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This thread is for help and support related to ubuntu on the eeepad transformer, all questions not related to development should be asked here, please be friendly and do not flame each other or I will request the thread be closed.

Download links are in the third post.

There is a wiki entry here that has a bit more detailed explanation. Please note though that as it is a wiki information
    quoted in there may or may not be entirely accurite.

you will need to download an nvflashable rom, like prime.

Please read the README before attempting this. The readme is below as well as in the kit, YOU WILL LOSE DATA.

Download links are in the second post.

OLiFE for the ASUS transformer
    ------------------------------------------------------------------

(c) 2011 Steven Barker <lilstevie@lilstevie.geek.nz>

This package should have only been linked to from xda-developers
    or rootzwiki if you got the links to this package from anywhere
    but those sites please send an email to the above email
    address with the subject: "unauthorised posts"

DISCLAIMER

Steven Barker (lilstevie) nor anybody will take any responsibility
    for any damage, data loss, fire, death of a loved one, or loss of
    data resulting from using this mod for your device. Using this mod
    may void your warranty.

NVFLASH

nvflash is the intellectual property of nvidia, and remains the
    property of nvidia. Any questions or queries regarding the usage
    and licence of nvflash should be directed to nvidia.

abootimg

abootimg is by Gilles Grandou <gilles@grandou.net> and is
    unmodified. The source is available from online at
    http://gitorious.org/ac100/abootimg

usage

Usage has changed since the release of the last kit, please read
    these instructions carefully, as the install method is a little
    more complex, (but easier once you use it).

If you downloaded OLiFE.tar.gz you will need to inject the android
    rom and ubuntu image. You can use any nvflashable rom with this.
    I recommend that you use prime as that is the configuration that
    I have tested myself, and the ROM that I support for use with this
    device. You can download the ubuntu image from
    http://lilstevie.geek.nz/ports/ubuntu.img.gz.

If you downloaded OLiFE-Prime-Edition.tar.gz you will not need to
    download the ubuntu image or an nvflash rom as they are seeded into
    the image.

Install instructions:

1) Download the specific flavour of OLiFE that you want to use, and
    extract it with "tar xvf <filename>".

2) If needed inject android rom and ubuntu image.

3) From the directory that OLiFE was extracted in run the main script
    with the command ./OLiFE.sh.

4) Read the text that comes up and answer the question it asks.

5) Follow the menu to the option you want (below is a breakdown of
    what each menu item is) and follow the instructions prompted. (also below
    is instructions on how to get into the modes requested).

Menu items:

1) Backup Menu:

1) Full Backup (stock)
    - Full backup (stock) takes a full backup of a stock
    android system. This gives you an option to also back
    up your user data(this will take a while).
    2) Full Backup (ubuntu)
    - Full backup (ubuntu) takes a full backup of a system
    that dualboots android and ubuntu, this backs up your
    system, and the ubuntu image. This gives you an option
    to also back up your user data(this will take a while).
    3) User data only
    - This backs up the user data partition on your device.
    (This option takes a while)
    4) Android ROM
    - This option backs up the android system only. This
    option generates all the files (minus bootloader, and BCT)
    required to flash a rom via nvflash.
    5) Ubuntu Install
    - This option backs up the ubuntu install on your device.
    2) Flash Device:

1) Dualboot:
    - This option will install ubuntu to your device in a
    dualbooting configuration with android. During the
    installation process it asks you which OS you would like
    to boot by default.
    2) uboot (linux only):
    - This option will install ubuntu with u-boot and the
    ChromeOS kernel that supports acceleration. This option
    is currently unavailable, but should be available soon.
    3) asus boot (linux only):
    - This option will install ubuntu with the asus bootloader
    with this configuration you will use all the eMMC for ubuntu
    and there will be no android system installed on your device.
    4) stock:
    - This option will partition the device in a stock way and
    install the android system that is in ./images. Use this
    option if you no longer want ubuntu on your device.
    3) Update Device:

1) Android Kernel:
    - This option will update the android kernel on your device
    with the boot.img from ./images/. This allows you to install
    your own kernel on the device for android rather than the one
    that comes with your chosen rom.
    2) Ubuntu/Linux Kernel:
    - This will update the ubuntu kernel on your device to the version
    included in this flashkit. This option is for updating just the
    kernel with nvflash rather than using the blob method. This method
    is also good for if you flash a bad ubuntu kernel to the device.
    3) Android ROM:
    - This option will update the android rom on the device with the
    one from ./images/. This is good for if the ROM you use is updated
    or you would like to change ROMs and there is an nvflash image for it.
    This option does not destroy your data.
    4) Ubuntu Rootfs:
    - This will update your ubuntu image on the device. This is destructive
    to data stored in the ubuntu image.
    5) Advanced (Unsupported):
    - Any option in this menu is not supported and should be considered
    unstable. There may be bugs in these options and they are not maintained
    at this point in time.

1) Flash ChromeOS Kernel (Primary Boot):
    - This option will flash the ChromeOS kernel to the primary boot
    partition. This option may not currently work in it's current
    configuration.
    2) Flash ChromeOS Kernel (Secondary Boot):
    - This option will flash the ChromeOS kernel to the secondary boot
    partition. This option may not currently work in it's current
    configuration.
    3) Update Uboot Partition:
    - This option will update the u-boot boot partition that u-boot
    reads the kernel and boot script from. This option does work if
    you have installed u-boot by compiling it from source and installed
    it yourself.
    4) Flash ClockworkRecoveryMod:
    - This option allows you to temperarily flash CWR to the device so
    you can update the installed rom. It backs up the current kernel in
    the recovery kernel position and then flashes CWR. When you have finished
    using CWR you then push any key and put the device back in APX mode and
    it will restore the kernel that was in that position. (This only works if
    android is your primary boot option at this time).

4) Inject Firmware:

1) Bluetooth firmware (default install):
    - This option will inject the Bluetooth firmware from the
    android ROM located at ./images/ in to the ubuntu of your
    currently running system.
    2) Bluetooth firmware (CrOS Kernel):
    - This option will inject the Bluetooth firmware from the
    android ROM located at ./images/ in to the ubuntu of your
    currently running system and flashes the proper u-boot kernel
    if you no longer need adb support.

5) Onscreen Keyboard:
    - This runs OnBoard so that you can run through oem-config properly
    you only need to use this option if you do not have a keyboard dock
    and on the first boot.

1) Standard Kernel:
    - This will invoke oem-config on the standard kernel installed
    on the device.
    2) ChromeOS Kernel:
    - This will invoke oem-config on the u-boot kernel that is
    installed on the device and flashes the proper u-boot kernel
    if you no longer need adb support.

Device Modes:

APX Mode:
    -This mode is used by nvflash to write files to the eMMC device.
    To boot in this mode you press Power and Vol-Up.

Recovery Mode:
    - This mode is where CWR or Asus recovery normally lives, but is
    replaced by the secondary OS in the dualboot configuration.
    To boot in this mode you press Power and Vol-Down, then Vol-Up when prompted.

Normal Boot:
    -This mode is where android normally lives.
    To boot in this mode you press the Power button until the screen turns on.
    Changelog

1.2a - Release name: Odyssey

* New name for kit: OLiFE
    * New menu system
    * Updated README
    * Better handling of platform detection
    * Bluetooth support in ubuntu.img
    * Preliminary support for ChromeOS kernel
    * Preliminary support for uboot
    * Fixed touchpad
    * Fixed network manager
    * Updated to ubuntu oneiric
    * More options for flashing and updating
    * OTB Wireless support (No more injecting)
    * Smaller ubuntu.img for faster upload to device
    * Auto resizing of rootfs on first boot
    * Larger partition size (6GB) for ubuntu
    * Refactored to more easily between devices
    * Maybe something else I have missed

1.1 - Release name: Daedalus

* Firmware injector for BT and wifi firmwares

1.0 and silent updates - Release name: Prometheus

* Support for x86_64 linux distributions
    * Updated README for release on xda-developers
    * Fixes to install scripts
    * Initial Release
    Multiboot by cmw.zips

This will restore cwm on recovery partition.
    And multiboot by flashing Ubuntu.zip or Android.zip

Create flash-recovery.sh in flashkit dir !!

The code below wil not work unless you provide some info on witch flash mode you used !!!!!
    Like me i have selected flash-linux-android.sh,
    View it and find witch --config file it use as you can see below.

--->--configfile ./flash/android-linux.cfg <---

Code:
    #!/bin/sh
    nflash --bct ./images/transformer.bct --setbct --configfile ./flash/android-linux.cfg --bl ./images/bootloader.bin --odmdata 0x300d8011 --sbk 0x1682CCD8 0x8A1A43EA 0xA532EEB6 0xECFE1D98 --sync
    nflash -r --download 5 ./images/recovery.img

To Make this code above work replaced nflash with ./nvflash -> then sudo sh flash-recovery.sh

Android <-- Prime 1.7 kernel !! you can select any kernel you want !!
    MD5 : 97cf64f6d5698276bde1d8657ec80cef

Ubuntu
    MD5 : 40c9f82c30e0fd8230c712e23f2e3597
    Downloads:

RootFS md5sum(1a9fa8a698e4a96245a3c08511841eb4)
    OLiFE md5sum(c30263fd8271a23bb211fd9fdd69fa45)
    OLiFE Prime Edition md5sum(767779ccfa200e5e00b2f1e33a3d73a9)

Sources:
    http://gitweb.lilstevie.geek.nz
    To clone the repos "git clone git://lilstevie.geek.nz/$(name of repo).git"
    Simple Version

Here's a simple nvflash package I put together to make things easy. It uses Jhinta's CWM files (incl.) and Prime 1.7. Just add ubuntu.img (from the OP) and run download-ubuntu.sh. (You'll still need to run the firmware injection script for drivers though.)

http://www.multiupload.com/6GZSLRBP8S

MD5: 843f964141ac96423c2fcdfc26092050