Weak WiFi - New case?

Search This thread

olyloh6696

Oct 20, 2009
Manchester
Once of my gripes with this phone is the weak WiFi signal.

I had a leather case on the phone, and my WiFi was greatly affected by this! I didn't even realize how much until today!

I could hardly get a signal in my room, and I would have to crane out of my chair, as I keep losing signal :mad:

I removed the case today, and wow, my signal is better! (Not the best signal device, but better than with the case on!)

I realize after all those months, that case has been greatly affecting the WiFi :mad:

It looks like this:

uploadfromtaptalk1329509703060.jpg

Now, I'm looking for a replacement case that doesn't affect the Wifi strength...

Anyone got any recommendations? :)

Cheers

Sent from my HTC Desire S using xda premium

Arghh, crap, posted in the wrong forum.

I've requested it to be moved ;)

LoL...

Wish i could help you out there buddy... but i've never been one for covering up beauty, and one of the reasons why I got an HTC was because i liked the unibody look... would be a shame to hide all that oomph with a case!!

But these things are insanely popular, and even my wife uses one (she's prone to dropping stuff, especially if it has a battery in it!! :p), and it's one of those things which is traslucent-flexible-rubberized-plasticky-something... No major gripes with WiFi with that case on, but i'd have to test it myself to form a more educated opinion...

ammenRA

Jan 7, 2012
It looks like this:

View attachment 906574

Now, I'm looking for a replacement case that doesn't affect the Wifi strength...

Cheers

maybe your case are to thick, if i'm not mistaken, i see there are two part of it. the plastic case on top of the leather case.

i use this handmade leather case from my previous n5800xm and i got no wifi signal problem
s25g6q.jpg

Reactions: olyloh6696

olyloh6696

Oct 20, 2009
Manchester
LoL...

Wish i could help you out there buddy... but i've never been one for covering up beauty, and one of the reasons why I got an HTC was because i liked the unibody look... would be a shame to hide all that oomph with a case!!

But these things are insanely popular, and even my wife uses one (she's prone to dropping stuff, especially if it has a battery in it!! :p), and it's one of those things which is traslucent-flexible-rubberized-plasticky-something... No major gripes with WiFi with that case on, but i'd have to test it myself to form a more educated opinion...

haha :D

I agree, I took the cass of, and damn the phone was so sexy with its awesome unibody design! Its so thin and light!!!

However, I am overprotective of all my devices, so I always buy them maximum protection to cover everything. (Sometimes I think I spoil them too mug ;))

maybe your case are to thick, if i'm not mistaken, i see there are two part of it. the plastic case on top of the leather case.

i use this handmade leather case from my previous n5800xm and i got no wifi signal problem
s25g6q.jpg

Yeah man, your right, it is 2cases together :(

It is significantly thicker with the case on :(

I think that is blocking my WiFi signal....

Thanks for the recommendation! I'll look around for something like that!

Anyone use a gel case? Any recommendations? Does it affect WiFi?

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

lynxnoon

Jul 6, 2011
Lagos
hmmmmm
i use an Otterbox Commuter Case for Desire S(2 layers)...n hv been having wifi issues...
this may be a reason?....
but men i dont wanna loose d protective stuff...

olyloh6696

Oct 20, 2009
Manchester
hmmmmm
i use an Otterbox Commuter Case for Desire S(2 layers)...n hv been having wifi issues...
this may be a reason?....
but men i dont wanna loose d protective stuff...

Yeah, I heard that the otterbox is a very thick hard wearing case. I yhi k this could be your issue..

How much did you pay for it?

lynxnoon

Jul 6, 2011
Lagos
Yeah, I heard that the otterbox is a very thick hard wearing case. I yhi k this could be your issue..

How much did you pay for it?

very protective...my Desire S still looks new
got it last year july for $48...shipping included(shipped to nigeria with $12);)

will give it a try

nyag_rus

Dec 3, 2011
Wi Fi Problem

At the closing of the area near the Vol up even hand, there are problems with the level of the signal. May be it is worth to look case with the open part of the :)

harshs23

Jul 28, 2011
New Delhi
LoL...

I recently removed the, "traslucent-flexible-rubberized-plasticky-something" - tpu gel case and used the phone for a couple of days and not putting it back in any case again + it's older now, though scratchless except a hot rock on the back removable cover. :confused::confused::confused:

These cases do not affect wifi as much as the otterbox ones or leather cases

Here are the ones I have used till now - no wifi problems -

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=19923029&postcount=3

Last edited:

.BlAcK.

Jul 21, 2012
KiNG's LAND
i use a case mate barely there case, i have noticed the wifi signal drops when the case is on, when i remove the signals increase, i really like the case any solutions for the wifi fix :confused::confused::confused:

Quark^2

Sep 3, 2011
There is no fix, except for not using that case. The barely there case kills wifi, nothing to do about it except removing the case.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Arghh, crap, posted in the wrong forum.

I've requested it to be moved ;)

LoL...

It looks like this:

View attachment 906574

Cheers

s25g6q.jpg