Change Region, Debrand or Rebrand 1.6 and 2.1 via CDA

1,208 posts
Thanks Meter: 575

By arkedk, Senior Member on 31st October 2010, 09:38 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
28th July 2011, 10:45 PM |#501  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Well, it didn't go easy, but with 3rd attempt i got an instant update for my X10i. Updating at the moment, hope i'll be unbranded
29th July 2011, 05:42 AM |#502  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Tried to used PC Companion to do an update of the freshly modded build.prop phone on clean install/updated PC Companion and it now tells me that it can't update/repair a brown phone please connect to SEMC network. I'm aware that the phone is a factory "special" but haven't seen this error before. Anyone got a work around for this?
29th July 2011, 10:09 AM |#503  
OP Senior Member
Flag Randers

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by t-c

Tried to used PC Companion to do an update of the freshly modded build.prop phone on clean install/updated PC Companion and it now tells me that it can't update/repair a brown phone please connect to SEMC network. I'm aware that the phone is a factory "special" but haven't seen this error before. Anyone got a work around for this?

Brown phones is developer phones.
Have you tried Sony Ericsson Update Service?
29th July 2011, 11:26 AM |#504  
Flag Sydney

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by arkedk

Brown phones is developer phones.
Have you tried Sony Ericsson Update Service?

SEUS indicates that the prototype phone with firmware CDA 1233-6929 is up to date.
When I change to 1234-4840 I would have thought that there would have been a change in the firmware but SEUS still indicates up to date firmware. This is when I tried the repair function on PC Companion. I take it that SEMC is an internal SE system? and not a different version of tool.

Where does the info on the "colour" come from? Is it an editable field or is it embeded in the hardware/software.
31st July 2011, 09:38 PM |#505  
OP Senior Member
Flag Randers

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by t-c

SEUS indicates that the prototype phone with firmware CDA 1233-6929 is up to date.
When I change to 1234-4840 I would have thought that there would have been a change in the firmware but SEUS still indicates up to date firmware. This is when I tried the repair function on PC Companion. I take it that SEMC is an internal SE system? and not a different version of tool.

Where does the info on the "colour" come from? Is it an editable field or is it embeded in the hardware/software.

Hmm never dealt with brown phones before, so don't know how they behave in red (retail) enviroments like SEUS and PCC.

Maybe FlashTool will work, but I have no real clue to this.
I'll take contact to someone who knows more about brown phones and flashing them.

Don't think you can convert it to a red phone, as I think it's hardware related.
Does your IMEI start with 01 aswell?
1st August 2011, 01:34 PM |#506  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
thanks for this, much appreciated
1st August 2011, 03:23 PM |#507  
Flag Sydney

More
Quote:

Hmm never dealt with brown phones before, so don't know how they behave in red (retail) enviroments like SEUS and PCC.

Maybe FlashTool will work, but I have no real clue to this.
I'll take contact to someone who knows more about brown phones and flashing them.

Don't think you can convert it to a red phone, as I think it's hardware related.
Does your IMEI start with 01 aswell?

The IMEI starts with 004401, Prototype build AP2, would be good to know whether it is able to be converted. I have been flashing previous versions of factory software with the flashtool so I don't anticipate an issue but the current rollout appears to be x10i centric at the moment so it maybe some time before a x10a version is created.
1st August 2011, 04:13 PM |#508  
OP Senior Member
Flag Randers

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by t-c

The IMEI starts with 004401, Prototype build AP2, would be good to know whether it is able to be converted. I have been flashing previous versions of factory software with the flashtool so I don't anticipate an issue but the current rollout appears to be x10i centric at the moment so it maybe some time before a x10a version is created.

You can use X10i firmware on X10a's and SO-01b's.
I've had X10a and SO-01b firmware on my X10i.
2nd August 2011, 12:38 AM |#509  
Flag Sydney

More
Quote:

You can use X10i firmware on X10a's and SO-01b's.
I've had X10a and SO-01b firmware on my X10i.

Thanks for the info, the only issue is that both the x10i & the SO-01B are both non 850MHz baseband devices(correct me if I'm wrong on this). If I only needed 2100MHz then I would have used the ftf's available for the x10i. Unfortunately my understanding of the baseband is limited to equating it to the RIL on HTCs or the MODEM on Samsung. On these the baseband has to cover the radio bands that you need & the hardware supports. If SE on the other hand produces a generic baseband to cover all the hardware bands then more than happy to flash the x10i.
2nd August 2011, 01:05 AM |#510  
OP Senior Member
Flag Randers

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by t-c

If SE on the other hand produces a generic baseband to cover all the hardware bands then more than happy to flash the x10i.

That's what they do.
2nd August 2011, 01:15 AM |#511  
Flag Sydney

More
Quote:

That's what they do.

For my info, why the 2 variants in the firmware?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
2.1, eclair, quick, update, x10i

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)