[Q] Can Anroid be installed on Nokia Lumia 800?????

Search This thread

asestar

Oct 25, 2010
Lillestrøm
You could have used the search. Or your scrollwheel. It's currently not possible to install Android on the Lumias. But since we recently discovered that some Lumia 800s have been shipped with unlocked Bootloaders it might be possible to port Android to our devices. But I don't think this will happen in the next few weeks...

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1486076

Thanks for precise answer. I saw brand new Lumia 800 dirt cheap at a shop and this was first question to pop into my mind. But since Lumia is WP7 only, its a no go for me.

No wonder they are so cheap, no one is buying.

dannejanne

Mar 23, 2011
Norrköping, Sweden
You should had bought yourself a Nokia N9. Look what I did with mine yesterday... (Jelly Bean)

img20121007110752.jpg

Reactions: iss42

dannejanne

Mar 23, 2011
Norrköping, Sweden
I mainly use a Galaxy Nexus now. I gave my Lumia 800 to my girlfriend because she hated her HTC Desire and I had to take her complaints all the time. She loves my 800 so I gave it to her and bought this Nokia N9. Shortly after I bought a Galaxy Nexus instead though.

The Nokia N9 is more of a "play" phone for me. It has dualboot and it runs both Nokia's MeGoo OS as well as Android Jelly Bean. Though it's not working 100% quite yet.

dannejanne

Mar 23, 2011
Norrköping, Sweden
how do you find meego OS compared to wp 7.5?

Well. It's more open obviously since it's Linux based. It's somewhere in between WP and Android when it comes to "openess". You can modify and tweak it a bit but not as much as Android.

The OS itself is a joy to use. Mainly because of the way you work with it. It is built upon swiping. The virtual keyboard is the best ever made. You get both haptic feedback and sound feedback both when you press and let go of the screen so it feels like typing on a real keyboard somehow.

If I have an app open and swipe from left or right side of the screen it puts the app on the multitasking list. If I swipe from the top of the screen and down it closes the app.

I have set it up with an app though so that when I swipe from left side it puts the app in multitasking list and I am taken to the appdrawer. If I swipe from the right side it takes me to the multitasking page instead. If I swipe from top it closes the app. If I swipe from bottom it places app in multitasking and I get to the page where I was prior opening the app.

It really is a joy working with it as there are no hardware or software buttons for getting back or closing stuff. It's all built upon swiping which is the most rewarding way to work of any system in my opinion.

MeGoo has the best and most true multitasking even much much better than Android. An app is never closed unless you close it yourself! You can have like 25 apps open before it starts to crumble.

Hard to explain but it really is the fastest OS to work with if you multitask a lot. It's pure joy to use.

It does not look as sleek as WP though. It is clean and nice but apps doesn't have quite that sexy look that WP has nor does it flow as well as WP. It's about as smooth as Android. I think it's a shame Nokia abandonded it before it got released. Nokia N9 came first but they made Lumia 800 out of it instead and promoted that.

Here's a little demo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVF3XnqpoRg

Bock Abrams

Sep 7, 2011
Arizona
Completely off topic, but now I want to run megoo on my Motorola Photon, and give it a try over CM7

Sent from my MB855 using xda app-developers app

Dec 26, 2010
Are there news about an Android/meego port for lumia 800? I've been offered mine but I can't appreciate it at all, It's just that I feel like if WP7 is a draft OS... :/

ahmadmemon

Oct 29, 2012
There is swype on android phones.

I share his view.

I used an android phone but it died and tried window phone.

The stuff I like:
Messaging is very fast and smooth with no delay.
Battery life is really long and can last up to about 2 days on standby.

The stuff I miss that android have are:
No swype
Cannot stream movie online with the whole adobe flash
Can only open jpeg picture. Cannot even open png, gif, etc which is a disappointment.
Video file need to be the right format to play.
Cannot access LAN share folder of PC in the house.
Web browser crashing when viewing animated gif file or even long image strip.
Direct connection to PC and copy and paste with mem. card.
Music player, you can tap where you want it to play while WM have to hold down the forward button.

Not in a situation where I can freely change phone either. Oh well :|

We can use swype keyboard search on google play and you would get 2-3 swype keyboard.

---------- Post added at 05:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:51 PM ----------

We can use swype keyboard search on google play and you would get 2-3 swype keyboard.

swype.apk is one of the examples of swype keyboard

skrupulous

Mar 4, 2013
Circus Maximus

Its an awkward feeling having a masterfully constructed device bound to 1 OS. I purchase a device but i can only utilize it how the Architect wants me to. I didn't lease my phone so why am i shackled to your OS? No need to get into details but my bank wont even make an app for WP8. Why did i choose the Lumia? I thought this was a civilized world but again my hopes are thwarted.

Sep 8, 2014
Birmingham
lumia 1520

I have yet to find a disappointment with it. The screen size/definition is stunning, the battery has lasted me for 2 days on a single charge (something no previous smartphone or any of my friends smartphones has EVER done). I play emulated games through vba8, and it never lets me down.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Can I installed Anroid on Nokia Lumia 800???? as windows 7 donot have nothing good in it....and the only connectivity tool is Zune :S which is useless

I cannot copy my messages from my lumia 800 to my pc, i cannot installed anything in it through my pc... guys please help!!!!!!!!
    I don´t think he is a troll
    because he is not alone. There are a lot of people who ask the same thing.
    And android would not be slow on the lumia because it worked good on the HD2 and the lumia 800 has a bether hardware.

Android is not bad for people who like to tinker.
    WP7 ist good for guys who just want to phone but if I buy a Smartphone i want to use its full potential.
    The only reason for me to buy the Lumia 800 is its Design!
    (reason enough to buy it :D)

And please don´t tell anyone WP7 has no disadvantages.
    Maybe WP8 will make me happy but its not even shure if we will get it!

And think about that, this is the Lumia 800 thread and not the WP thread, so don´t call anyone troll without reason!!!

I am very optimistic to see android on my lumia next year.
    I share his view.

I used an android phone but it died and tried window phone.

The stuff I like:
    Messaging is very fast and smooth with no delay.
    Battery life is really long and can last up to about 2 days on standby.

The stuff I miss that android have are:
    No swype
    Cannot stream movie online with the whole adobe flash
    Can only open jpeg picture. Cannot even open png, gif, etc which is a disappointment.
    Video file need to be the right format to play.
    Cannot access LAN share folder of PC in the house.
    Web browser crashing when viewing animated gif file or even long image strip.
    Direct connection to PC and copy and paste with mem. card.
    Music player, you can tap where you want it to play while WM have to hold down the forward button.

Not in a situation where I can freely change phone either. Oh well :|
    You could have used the search. Or your scrollwheel. It's currently not possible to install Android on the Lumias. But since we recently discovered that some Lumia 800s have been shipped with unlocked Bootloaders it might be possible to port Android to our devices. But I don't think this will happen in the next few weeks...

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1486076
    Go away, troll.