HTC Dev Unlock Works on Verizon HTC One - UPDATE: No Longer Works

Search This thread

kiit408

Jul 21, 2009
Shark City
This is BS!!!!! I made sure this time to get a bad ass phone with the top of the line network in my area to have a top of the line design and lightweight rom with cool swipe and battery capabilities. FML!!!!!! now this happens... you know i ain't a genius at all but i will pay $40 to a jar to whomever figures this out and i'm sure a lot more of us would like to pay at least $20 to get rid of all the bloat and continue our rom'ing addictions. Please if anyone is there with me on this one hear me out. If someone figures something out i hope to see all the developers get paid out for their hard work.It's too soon but i hope someone is thinking on working on a solution!!! I do pay out!!!

thepolishguy

Dec 3, 2009
Ivanhoe CA
So what exactly does a locked bootloader prevent me from flashing? Custom ROMs and kernels right? Will I still be able to install custom recoveries and root?

Also, does anyone have an unlocked HTC One for Verizon that they would like to sell?

I may sell my unlocked one. Depends on how fast the developer X releases and if I like it.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk 4

moosc

Feb 21, 2010
Charlotte NC
Read on Google + the only dev moto X will be gsm units. HTC tweeted when asked about VZW dev one there were no plans unless there was a high demand for one.
I may sell my unlocked one. Depends on how fast the developer X releases and if I like it.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

sofla2

Jul 11, 2011
Naples, FL
This is BS!!!!! I made sure this time to get a bad ass phone with the top of the line network in my area to have a top of the line design and lightweight rom with cool swipe and battery capabilities. FML!!!!!! now this happens... you know i ain't a genius at all but i will pay $40 to a jar to whomever figures this out and i'm sure a lot more of us would like to pay at least $20 to get rid of all the bloat and continue our rom'ing addictions. Please if anyone is there with me on this one hear me out. If someone figures something out i hope to see all the developers get paid out for their hard work.It's too soon but i hope someone is thinking on working on a solution!!! I do pay out!!!

I feel your pain! I just came over from Sprint. I got my ONE a day too late. I can't afford a lot, but I'll pitch in 20 bucks if someone gets a bounty going.

lee1763

May 31, 2013
Listen

I really do not know how to say this but just say it. I been with Verizon for over 12 yrs . I have never in my life seen such a company that will make the rules only to satisfy themselves. Now I brought a htc one from them was able to unlock it and had custom recovery but i am returning it for one reason, I can not no longer take their mess up approach when it comes to satisfying there customers on things that they want but charge you full price for everything. Forcing you to use only their marking stuff or the people who sign a marking contract with them to push there stuff on a phone you brought full retail for. Now I do have another HTC One from china called the HTC One 802w which works like a charm here. Plus it has dual sim which both sims work at the same time. Meaning when you get a call on sim one you answer it if another call comes in on sim two you can place sim one on hold and answer sim two. You can text on both sims and use the internet on both sims. Now the spec on this phone is identical and i mean identical as the Verizon HTC ONE but Verizon will not activate this on their network no matter what you try. PEOPLE REALIZE THIS ITS US WHO GIVE THEM THE POWER TO DO THIS TO US. If you brought a Verizon HTC ONE off contract then who are they to say what you can do with it. BUT THEY DO. BUT THEY WONT LOWER THAT RETAIL PRICE TO ACCOMMODATE THAT WAY OF THINKING. If you are a unlimited customer as i am then you have no choice but to buy your phones at full price to keep your unlimited but if you wanted to save money in this economy but it not from Verizon you cant. Now my htc one 802w is working on ATT with H+ in areas where LTE is in areas its not its H or 3G my second sim is working on t-mobile. Verizon will keep screwing you and tell you what they feel you want to hear just keep you. BUT ITS YOU THAT CAN CHANGE THEM. NOW ITS TRUE VERIZON NETWORK IS GREAT BUT ATT NETWORK IS GOOD. SO THINK PEOPLE IF YOU SWITCH YOUR NOT GOING FROM GREAT TO WORST YOUR GOING FROM GREAT TO GOOD. AND THAT GOOD IS ONLY GETTING BETTER. Stop allowing Verizon to dictate how you spend your money. and stop making them rich. AND SO YOU KNOW IT WAS VERIZON WHO STOP THE DUAL SIM HTC ONE IN THE USA BECAUSE OF THE COMPETITION WITH ATT. Look at it people who would benefit more with a a Dual sim phone, one phone for work and personnel with a removable up to 64gb storage sd card plus when you go overseas you do not have to pay for international rates all you have to do is put in a sim card from what ever prepaid carrier your at. Or a single sim phone where its locked to a carrier and all the restrictions but paying out of the butt to a company who only gets bigger and applies more restriction as they do. Verizon shut down the unlock site because they claim integrity to their network but who paid for that network? They always claim their network but who paid for that network? WAKE UP PEOPLE CALL VERIZON COMPLAIN OR SWITCH. STOP PLAYING THEIR GAME. AND NO I AM NOT BITTER LIKE I SAID I BEEN WITH THEM FOR 12 YRS BUT OVER THOSE YRS I SEEN THEM BECOMING MORE AND MORE OF A DICTATORSHIP THEN WHATS GOOD FOR THE CUSTOMER. ANOTHER NOTE IF YOU FINALLY GET YOUR VERIZON HTC ONE UNLOCK IT WONT LAST. JUST LIKE CANT USE NOTHING BUT VERIZON PHONES ON THEIR NETWORK BECAUSE THEY HAVE TO PASS A SECURITY CHECK BEFORE THEY WORK EVERY TIME WHAT DO YOU THINK THAT SECURITY CHECK CONSIST OF. Now I am going fully to ATT to save money and less restriction. I have one line with Att already for work and 5 lines with Verizon for family so who you think will lose me or them. But people yes my little 5 lines in a pot of millions of lines means nothing until???????. Good luck and have you notice when Verizon goes to take over another cell phone company the FCC steps in and always says the same thing when they deny them (WE ARE AFRAID OF WHAT MIGHT HAPPEN IF YOU BECOME TO BIG) LOOK ON THE NET

josh995

Oct 15, 2010
Stafford, VA
I really do not know how to say this but just say it...

I get that you're upset, but you have to realize that the amount of people who actually care about this stuff, the development community, is a TINY, TINY part of carriers customers. I mean look at XDA. It has 5 million users according to the front page... Well, Verizon alone has over 110 million customers.

We are just a teeny, tiny part of Verizon's customer base. Nothing is going to change, because the very large majority of cell phone owners don't care about unlocked boot loaders or s-off or ROMs or anything like that.

Hand76

Jul 1, 2010
Long Island N.Y.
I get that you're upset, but you have to realize that the amount of people who actually care about this stuff, the development community, is a TINY, TINY part of carriers customers. I mean look at XDA. It has 5 million users according to the front page... Well, Verizon alone has over 110 million customers.

We are just a teeny, tiny part of Verizon's customer base. Nothing is going to change, because the very large majority of cell phone owners don't care about unlocked boot loaders or s-off or ROMs or anything like that.

All true but also raises the question what does Verizon care what such a small percentage of their customers do? As long as their customers are happy and paying Verizon monthly.

Last edited:
Reactions: unconfuse

TheMavic

Jul 30, 2011
Dallas
www.imnjs.com

Pretty much. A lot of users on XDA come in with the mentality that the people here make up such a huge demographic of customers when in reality we are less than 1%. With that being said, however, I have seen Verizon deliver to freelance devs before with older handsets.

GrayBoltWolf

Mar 21, 2012
Raleigh, NC
boltwolf.net
I am sad to say that because of a device issue that may or may not have been caused by cyanogenmod has made me have to get a replacement device. I am no longer unlocked. :(

benny3

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Dec 2, 2011
Rosommon, MICH
Im on th e sprint version of the One and not the vzw version. Man i feel for you guys on vzw. I read a article a while back that looked like VZW would be the carrier for our Gov. and i think that is why they are locking everything tighter than tight. If i find the article again i will post it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just want to let you guys know I might have found something.

I am PMing some other devs to get some help.
    I really feel for you all. Took a stance that maybe gets some notice.
    8vncUkG.png
    Just letting everyone know that you can htc dev unlock your device. Just tested it on a person's device and it worked fine. Going to post a system image and boot.img to the development forum soon so look forward to that :p
    I really do not know how to say this but just say it...