[TESTING] XDAndroid GBX0C 2.3.7 Build

Search This thread

kentc

Aug 10, 2009
I think I am having a problem with the proximity sensor (sprint tp2). When I place or answer an incoming call the screen turns off. It can not be turned back on. Pressing the power button during the call will not turn it back on. Even after the call ends (other party hangs up) screen still can not be turned on by pressing the power button. Sliding the keyboard will turn the screen on in-call or after call. Power button will turn on the screen as expected until the next call is made or answered. Is there a way to force screen on power button?

I don't see this in WinMo but I have noticed that each time I make a call while phone is in upright position the screen will turnoff for a second then it comes back on.

Do you use a protective case? I had a very similar issue and I was able to resolve it by taking the case off (and drilling a hole in the protective case where the proximity sensor was placed). There are 2 possible positions for the sensor (on the left or right side of the phone by the ear piece depending on your model... Sprint's sensor should be on the left side). If you are not using a protective case, then I would follow the other excellent advice.

sera

Sep 7, 2006
Fix in-call screen-off problem if proximity sensor is broken

Prox sensor is broken. FRX07.1 doesn't use the prox sensor at all, so I guess you can use that build.....

Otherwise, I'm not sure what the best course of action is to disable the prox sensor. mweirauch had to do this for his device way back in the day...

Search around, you at least know what the issue is now. Good luck.

Yours and wizardknight responses encouraged me to look further. Actually I started playing with gbx0c last year and saw this problem but never got around posting question in the forum. This time searching around led to hardware disabler app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hatcyl.android.Hardware_Disabler&hl=en. But I did not know which sensor to disable so I kept searching. It led to another app Proximity screen off lite https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.itsme4ucz.screenoff&hl=en. It did not work because it does the opposite of what I was trying to do but it gave me a clue. The name of the proximity sensor used in TP2. It is Capella CM3602. It combines proximity and light sensor and notorious for breaking down. I tried disabling the sensor using hw disabler app but it did not work. Also I had to scan for one level up as by default it only searches for drivers in i2c directory. I kept looking then I found this solution http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1626611. But it did not work either.

Finally I found this http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1870297 and it did the trick. The corresponding file in gbx0c is sensors.xdandroid.so. Also remember to enable root permission in hex editor settings.

There is one more method http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=25506531&postcount=44 but I did not try it.

On a side note in WinMo the light sensor works perfectly even though the proximity part of the same sensor is broken. In gbx0c both are not working. Probably due the way android sensor driver is implemented. It needs both sensors to work correctly to be functional. In WinMo I have to disable the auto brightness and keep it to maximum otherwise in Android the screen brightness is limited to the level before launching haret.

---------- Post added at 01:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:34 PM ----------

Do you use a protective case? I had a very similar issue and I was able to resolve it by taking the case off (and drilling a hole in the protective case where the proximity sensor was placed). There are 2 possible positions for the sensor (on the left or right side of the phone by the ear piece depending on your model... Sprint's sensor should be on the left side). If you are not using a protective case, then I would follow the other excellent advice.

Thanks for the tip but I am not using a case.

bla0258

Sep 3, 2012
Bonn
GPS Probem ROD 100

I have installed TOMTOM Navigator and i can´t get a gps fix .
What is the problem?
On winmo work the built in gps very good

eurohunter

Jan 5, 2012
Off topic. It's been about 9 months that i've switched to a newer phone, and i still have the tp2 thread subscribed out of nostalgy. Just wanted to say thanks to arrrghhh, ACL, and detule for making my TP2 better. I really enjoyed it while i had it. :beer: :)

Sent from my MB855 using xda app-developers app

td4guy

Nov 11, 2008
I have installed TOMTOM Navigator and i can´t get a gps fix .
What is the problem?
On winmo work the built in gps very good
Go to the /AndroidApps/Other/ folder and install the LeoAGpsInjector_v0.5.apk.
Then add the widget to your home screen and tap it. You will see a notification that it has done its work. That will assist your phone in getting a gps fix.

arrrghhh

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2007
I have try it too but no fix.

GPS works great for me here. First time you are using this? Have you ever gotten a fix in Android? Any other builds that have gotten a fix for you?

I don't think this is necessary, but have you tried leaving the GPS on while booting Android? Again, I don't remember that ever being a requirement to bring up GPS.

So you need to give us more information. Is the icon popping up in the notification bar? Have you used the GPS Status / Toolkit app that shows you how many sats it sees and how many sats are locked? Does it see any sats?

Give us more detail!! Have you tried rebooting? Have you tried reinstalling? Have you tried using any other apps other than TOMTOM?

Do you have any logs?

bla0258

Sep 3, 2012
Bonn
GPS

I had tried with app GPSTest And maybe it was also FRX07.1 tried but same problem.And in Android i never see a sat.
With windows mobile, I always get sat fix.
The icon is comoing but blink only.
The krenel ver is 2.6.35

Last edited:

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
I had tried with app GPSTest And maybe it was also FRX07.1 tried but same problem.And in Android i never see a sat.
With windows mobile, I always get sat fix.
The icon is comoing but blink only.
The krenel ver is 2.6.35

This is your problem.

Don't use 2.6.35. Use something newer... 3.4 is the latest stable kernel.

Reactions: bla0258

fulrosa

Oct 17, 2008
Naples
Black Screen in Games?

Hi to all, I've installed this release in my tp2 RHOD100 device (Dual Boot with WMO) using kernel 3.4.35 and i try to install some games (Angry Birds, Plants vs Zombies, etc.). For most of them the result is a black screen, some has "encountered a problem" and crashes. Someone have experience about this? I've found a post with various version of 3d driver (gralloc and libGLES); may the problem to be solved with a couple of this driver? Other Issue?
Google play reports that all of them are compatible with this Android Version (generally 2.1 or above) than i think they can run with low FPS but they have to start. Thanks to all for reply and sorry for my english.
Have a nice day

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
Hi to all, I've installed this release in my tp2 RHOD100 device (Dual Boot with WMO) using kernel 3.4.35 and i try to install some games (Angry Birds, Plants vs Zombies, etc.). For most of them the result is a black screen, some has "encountered a problem" and crashes. Someone have experience about this? I've found a post with various version of 3d driver (gralloc and libGLES); may the problem to be solved with a couple of this driver? Other Issue?
Google play reports that all of them are compatible with this Android Version (generally 2.1 or above) than i think they can run with low FPS but they have to start. Thanks to all for reply and sorry for my english.
Have a nice day

A lot of advanced games will simply not work. Sure you are running Android 2.3, but on an adreno130.

I would recommend buying a new device if you want to play games.

fulrosa

Oct 17, 2008
Naples
A lot of advanced games will simply not work. Sure you are running Android 2.3, but on an adreno130.

I would recommend buying a new device if you want to play games.

ah, ok... the problem was an older GPU... i already want to get a new device... i'll try it for hobby... Thanks for your answer and your good work...
Have a nice day...

keraunos

Aug 27, 2007
Can anyone make this project on NAND version?With 3.3.8 kernel.Or how can i do it my self if it is easy?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey folks,

This is a completely new build, with all the new changes baked in. We wanted to do a semi-official test release to collect bugs and hopefully do a formal official release with everything settled. The main pain point is the CSV files (see pre-install prep).

So a brief overview:

• New acoustic routing code baked in. Should fix most if not all audio routing problems, and will provide more debugging if stuff does go wrong. Also allows for more granular tweaking, see the CSV files.
    • GPS fixes for GB - GPS not only works in GB now, but it doesn't kill sleep! I was able to use GPS, get a solid lock, and put the device to sleep no problem.
    • BT should work & well with the new acoustic code. Post results.
    • RHOD users now have a choice of kernels. .35+ all have the new acoustic - so .35, .39, 3.0 and 3.1 are all fair game now... This is bundled with .27!!
    • Keep in mind, autobuild .27 kernels will produce no audio in this build... Obviously the bundled kernel will work, and the absolute newest .27 autobuild kernel does work now - Feb.27 2012 or newer.
    • rootfs tweaks - first, it will detect which kernel you're on (.27 or .35+) and automatically apply the correct firmware. Second, is it will always copy/extract the modules... failures there were getting annoying, and this is surefire if brute-force...
    • Few Easter egg apk's...
    • Probably a lot I'm forgetting, this might change ;)

Pre-Install Prep REQUIRED!!!

This step is crucial, and I forgot all about it! You must copy all of the *.CSV file from your WinMo ROM - these are in the \Windows\ directory. There's a very easy way to do this. It involves the Total Commander app for WinMo (Direct Link for the perpetually lazy...) (included in EnergyROM and others probably).

Now you're in Total Commander looking at your \Windows\ directory. Whew... lots of files. Fear not! Hit the "CTRL" button, then the green "Plus" button. This opens the Select/Unselect files dialog. Put in *.csv, press "select" and voila. All CSV files are selected. Now - File -> Copy/Move -> I want you to copy these (should be 10) files to the ROOT of your SD card. No folders!!! This is hardset right now, until we get it all implemented into the build properly. Thanks!

Install

Assuming you've done the pre-install prep; this is installed just like the other XDAndroid builds - grab your startup.txt (don't forget rel_path= if you don't have it at the root of the SD!), ts-calibration and boot!

Download
    Caveat List

• CDMA users might get a crash in phone.apk and no service on boot. If waiting doesn't resolve the issue, then reboot. Should come up fine...
    • BT might still be flaky
    • The CSV files from my RHOD400 are attached for the lazy. I'd like to gather CSV's from each RHOD, I'm curious if any ROM devs have changed them out either... This could get interesting. If you folks don't mind, post up your CSV's, point out differences with mine, etc... We're trying to figure out how to unify these, if possible! Thanks!
    Please post back any issues, enjoy!

GBX0C Changelog
    • Camcorder: Now works (tested on rhodium).
    • Acoustic: Bug-fix : correct random loss of dual(rear)-mic.
    • MMS: Bug-fix: Slides with zero duration on Sprint.
    • Gps: Bug-fix: Init/de-init sequence fix (correct gps not starting up after being unchecked in Settings).
    • Gps: Bug-fix: End gps session with a correct rpc call (relevant to amss6125 devices).
    • Gps: Bug-fix: Don't send delayed position requests after session has ended (possibly relevant to Navigation issues).
    • Gps: New feature: Xtra (aGPS) -> verified to work on rhodium/cdma raph.
    • X1 specific: Screen rotation patch.
    • Added tytung's GPS injector app to AndroidApps\Other as well as updating/cleaning up some apps in AndroidApps.
    • Modified rootfs for newest apsta firmware & wifi firmware - wifi tethering now works flawlessly in the newest kernels! .27 is still bundled for the record...
    Bump. New build guys.

(check the site, the link will be the same but timestamp will update... Not on the filename, on the actual site.) Sorry, I didn't want to make it look like a whole new build, so I kept the filename the same. You should just be able to hit the link in the first post as usual ;).

Everyone should grab the full bundle. It includes a new .27 acoustic kernel that should fix some problems, and there's a lot of userland fixes:
    • MMS should be fixed for Sprint users
    • XDAndroid will now show as the provider
    • GLES put back in (whoops)
    • Network-based location put back in (which was working before, but this last boot it didn't...? Let me know on this guys, I might need another update... Definitely seems broken!! What the heck. There'll be another update, sorry folks.)
    • hyc's dmesg binary baked into the rootfs (timestamps... in dmesg!)

There was A LOT of acoustic changes in this build (hao0907047407 - try again, perhaps you have sound now?). Download the full bundle, and REPLACE EVERYTHING!! I've added a lot of updates across the board, and I don't want people running partial stuff.

You should be able to reuse your data.img...

I'm still not able to get netloc to work... I am just scratching my head as to why it worked at first and now it doesn't. I'll keep working on it, but so far that seems to be the only thing I set out to fix that isn't.

Bring on that feedback guys!
    First post updated, new build. Enjoy, please report back. Changelog in the second post. I will update the changelog further, that's just detule's changelog of what's changed on the userland side of things... I still have some things to add from stuff I did. Thanks!
    OK, I finally got around to building and signing a new image. All went fairly well - sorted out the NetLoc problem (thanks detule), and along with a lot of patches and fixes from detule as well, we have ourselves a great build!

I'm having a few troubles before I release, and want to make sure I iron everything out before I do...

So first, XTRA is now working out of the box. I got a GPS lock within a few seconds in my basement... so yea. Wow. NetLoc again is also working. There's some acoustic fixes, along with the Sprint MMS fix. Finally, the camcorder should be fixed. Now I still don't think the RHOD100 cam patches have made it to the kernel - but again, that's a kernel issue, nothing to do with the userland side of things. Plus with the new firmware and the new kernels, wifi tethering now works FLAWLESSLY!! Hooray! Kudos to hyc for finding that gem out...

Unfortunately I will still have to bundle .27 for the older devices, sorry folks. I know it hasn't had an update in ages, but as most of you already know the newer kernels are working really quite well.

On to the issues, hopefully dumb ones. First, I got GPS to give me a lock but it won't disappear from the status bar. I remember someone mentioning this, but I don't remember the solution other than rebooting. Is this a bug? Anyone else confirm/figure out the cause/fix for it?