[Q] Bricked ASUS MeMo pad M302C, Help..

Search This thread

ZBott

Jun 20, 2014
Hi Guys, 1st post and I'm looking for help..

I have an Asus MeMo pad 10 ME302C, its totally soft bricked.

I was upgrading to 4.3 using WW_ME302C_V5_0_17.zip, all good no problems, then used the .de forums WW_ME302C-V5.0.18-0-ota-user.zip to root it also no problems, I then did the clean up and renamed build.prop when replacing it rather deleting it... Big mistake..

Now the device won't boot, it gets stuck at an ASUS screen with spinning circles. Trying to do factory reset also hangs at the spinning circles.

I've read and attempted many recovery methods described on XDA but am kinda screwed because the USB is not being recognised, seems to be no way to get it recognised so fastboot or ADB is out as I cannot talk to the device.

I do have an option to of SD download though but not sure what I would put on the SD and if I could get it to boot from it and recover that way.

So guys, help a brother out.. How do I recover this, can I put firmware on a SD card and recover this way?

Or is there a way to get the USB to be recognised by a pc, I have tried all drivers I can find and the Google SDK but nothing.

Or is there another avenue / idots giude to unbricking that I haven't found yet (ASUS forced reset?)

Really need help on this..

Cheers

ZBott

Last edited:

matw777

Jan 19, 2011
Hi Guys, 1st post and I'm looking for help..

I have an Asus MeMo pad 10 ME302C, its totally soft bricked.

I was upgrading to 4.3 using WW_ME302C_V5_0_17.zip, all good no problems, then used the .de forums WW_ME302C-V5.0.18-0-ota-user.zip to root it also no problems, I then did the clean up and renamed build.prop when replacing it rather deleting it... Big mistake..

Now the device won't boot, it gets stuck at an ASUS screen with spinning circles. Trying to do factory reset also hangs at the spinning circles.

I've read and attempted many recovery methods described on XDA but am kinda screwed because the USB is not being recognised, seems to be no way to get it recognised so fastboot or ADB is out as I cannot talk to the device.

I do have an option to of SD download though but not sure what I would put on the SD and if I could get it to boot from it and recover that way.

So guys, help a brother out.. How do I recover this, can I put firmware on a SD card and recover this way?

Or is there a way to get the USB to be recognised by a pc, I have tried all drivers I can find and the Google SDK but nothing.

Or is there another avenue / idots giude to unbricking that I haven't found yet (ASUS forced reset?)

Really need help on this..

Cheers

ZBott

Try this link below. I was stuck for ages but this worked to get mine restored:

xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2568724&page=46

Post number 460

Hope it helps. :)