Safestrap Not Releasing Free Space?

Search This thread

esc0rtd3w

Jul 10, 2010
Toledo, OH
www.adbtoolkit.com
OK I don't usually post questions on here...I like to be the answer guy, but recently I ran into an issue that I cannot figure out.

I rooted using towelroot and installed "Safestrap-HLTE-3.72-kk.apk". Everything seems to be fine. I made backups and a rom slot but had issues with the X-Note rom booting.

I booted back into recovery and deleted the rom-slot1 then back to android os. Root explorer now only shows 25gb for capacity but under settings it shows 32gb total still.

I have tried looking for a format option for internal storage, which I swore was in twrp somewhere from what I remember from the T-Mobile note3 I recently had.

I also looked through the root and /system/ directories and found some "ss", ".ss", and "safestrap" references, but no system.img, data.img, etc files found or noticed anyways.

The only thing I can think of is to flash the stock rom and pit using Odin and reroot and reinstall Safestrap again and restore my backup to get my full 32gb of storage back.

Any suggestions would be awesome :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium HD app

Last edited:

posersk8r

Feb 21, 2014
25 gb is the actual memory you can use, the phone uses the 7 gb to make your phone run.