[TUT] ADB no device found -- Getting ADB to work

Search This thread

rajitsingh

Jul 19, 2010
New Delhi
The easiest way of getting ADB to work:

1. Turn your phone OFF (Yes, off)
  2. Connect it to your pc and wait for windows to finish "installing the drivers"
  3. Try ADBing by going to ure fastboot folder (assuming it has the ADB executable inside the folder as well).
  4. You could check if your device was recognized by firing
Code:
adb devices

If it doesn't show anything then do the following:

1. Grab the appropriate pc drivers from here: http://www.android-advice.com/2012/how-to-root-the-htc-one-x-and-htc-one-s/
  2. Extract the drivers
  3. Now go to Start menu and right click on my computer and then click manage.
  4. Now go to device manager and there you should see your connected One X listed as being without a driver.
  5. Right click on that entry and select 'update driver'
  6. Now tell it that you have the driver on local disk and then browse to the folder you extracted.
  7. Update your driver.
  8. Disconnect and reconnect the device and try ADBing again.
  9. Should work.

EddyOS

Jan 2, 2010
London
If your phone is off then Windows won't see it. Just install HTC Sync (so you get the drivers - you can uninstall HTC Sync afterwards if you're not going to use it) then plug the phone in when booted into Android. Repeat process when in FASTBOOT to get Windows to see the phone in FASTBOOT mode as well

Simples!

rajitsingh

Jul 19, 2010
New Delhi
If your phone is off then Windows won't see it. Just install HTC Sync (so you get the drivers - you can uninstall HTC Sync afterwards if you're not going to use it) then plug the phone in when booted into Android. Repeat process when in FASTBOOT to get Windows to see the phone in FASTBOOT mode as well

Simples!

That is the thing -- IT DOES SEE IT! Try it yourself.

I didn't think it would but Jotha told me that it would. I tried it and it worked. I was surprised.

Reactions: noobstix

broncogr

Retired Senior Moderator
Aug 17, 2005
XDA Central
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Yes device is seen through adb when off.
This is because as soon as you plug the USB cable, offmode comes up with charging and ADB support
Offmode is embeded in the recovery partition
:)
PS: This needs latest clockworkmod recovery to work...

Last edited:

ToddeSwe

Dec 26, 2007
Alvesta
Latest ADB?

Hi!

When i was restoring my Sensation to S-ON i noticed that ADB was complaining about version out of date something....

Where can i get the latest version of ADB for using with my One X when i've decided if i should wait or use hTC bootunlocker... :)

DoeBoi

Jan 18, 2011
Also, use HTC USB cables, sometimes using non-standard USB cables can make searching for devices impossible.

RaVe-N

Sep 20, 2010
Is there any way with an adb command that we can tell what bootmode the phone is in?

I.E: hotboot or fastboot mode?
Using adb get-state they both return "unknown"?

Cheers...

Thibor69

Please - anyone have any advice as to what could be stopping me from using adb ( from my phone to my PC ) ?
I been working on this for a couple days now, and gotten nowhere. Any thoughts at all ???

Thanks

============================

I have been trying to get adb working on my Win10 machine for a long time and just can not figure out what is wrong.
I have adb installed in c:\adb and my USB drivers are working. I can browse the phone from the PC.
But no matter what I try when I try to adb, I get this:

C:\adb>adb devices
List of devices attached
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *
** daemon still not running
error: cannot connect to daemon: No error
error: cannot connect to daemon: No error

C:\adb>

(Yes I do have USB debugging ON and OEM ON)
It is weird because it says daemon is nOT running then it tries to start
it and says daemon started Successfully ... then it says daemon still
nOT running
. That makes no sense to me ?

Please any thoughts on this ???

Thanks

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2014
Please - anyone have any advice as to what could be stopping me from using adb ( from my phone to my PC ) ?
I been working on this for a couple days now, and gotten nowhere. Any thoughts at all ???

Thanks

============================

I have been trying to get adb working on my Win10 machine for a long time and just can not figure out what is wrong.
I have adb installed in c:\adb and my USB drivers are working. I can browse the phone from the PC.
But no matter what I try when I try to adb, I get this:

(Yes I do have USB debugging ON and OEM ON)
It is weird because it says daemon is nOT running then it tries to start
it and says daemon started Successfully ... then it says daemon still
nOT running
. That makes no sense to me ?

Please any thoughts on this ???

Thanks

I can understand the difficulty. This problem is pretty common because there are no official drivers for Win10. These drivers work best on XP. I also could not get the adb to work on my Win10 so I installed Ubuntu and rooting/installing ROM's from ubuntu is a breeze.. srry for not hvng a solution for this.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The easiest way of getting ADB to work:

1. Turn your phone OFF (Yes, off)
    2. Connect it to your pc and wait for windows to finish "installing the drivers"
    3. Try ADBing by going to ure fastboot folder (assuming it has the ADB executable inside the folder as well).
    4. You could check if your device was recognized by firing
    Code:
    adb devices

If it doesn't show anything then do the following:

1. Grab the appropriate pc drivers from here: http://www.android-advice.com/2012/how-to-root-the-htc-one-x-and-htc-one-s/
    2. Extract the drivers
    3. Now go to Start menu and right click on my computer and then click manage.
    4. Now go to device manager and there you should see your connected One X listed as being without a driver.
    5. Right click on that entry and select 'update driver'
    6. Now tell it that you have the driver on local disk and then browse to the folder you extracted.
    7. Update your driver.
    8. Disconnect and reconnect the device and try ADBing again.
    9. Should work.

Simples!

That is the thing -- IT DOES SEE IT! Try it yourself.

I didn't think it would but Jotha told me that it would. I tried it and it worked. I was surprised.
    Also, use HTC USB cables, sometimes using non-standard USB cables can make searching for devices impossible.

No. As long as the cable is properly USB 2.0 compliant, it WILL work, otherwise HTC CANNOT certify against USB 2.0. Tried with proper Nokia, Sony Ericsson, Samsung and Google cables.