[Q] [Help]

Search This thread

eperdomo1

Nov 27, 2013
i have a VS980, rooted and with TWRP

i wanted to update TWRP so i can install a kitkat rom, when i did this, some error happen, and now my phone wont boot and cant get into recovery mode, when i try to get into recovery, a black screen that says flashboot appears

i dont know what to do, please some help

danial.aw

Feb 27, 2009
Kitchener
Hmm did the ROM install and once you reboot does the fastboot show? Have you tried using the hardware key method and getting into recovery?

jas0nnn

Jul 6, 2012
i have a VS980, rooted and with TWRP

i wanted to update TWRP so i can install a kitkat rom, when i did this, some error happen, and now my phone wont boot and cant get into recovery mode, when i try to get into recovery, a black screen that says flashboot appears

i dont know what to do, please some help

I had the same issue recently (which got me to start posting on here after using this forum for help). If you can get into your ROM regardless of the lack of recovery, that would be a huge plus. The VS980 is not friendly with GooManager and TWRP Manager. However, it's friendly with the Flashify app. Give it a try if you can boot into your ROM.

eperdomo1

Nov 27, 2013
Hmm did the ROM install and once you reboot does the fastboot show? Have you tried using the hardware key method and getting into recovery?

i was updating TWRP to the 2.7, wasnt changing the ROM in that moment, apparently i did something wrong, and now if i try to get to recovery (with the key combination) it stays on fastboot

if i just turn it on, it stays on bootloop

if i go into download mode, my pc kind of recognizes it, but doesnt let me puso a recovery

danial.aw

Feb 27, 2009
Kitchener
i was updating TWRP to the 2.7, wasnt changing the ROM in that moment, apparently i did something wrong, and now if i try to get to recovery (with the key combination) it stays on fastboot

if i just turn it on, it stays on bootloop

if i go into download mode, my pc kind of recognizes it, but doesnt let me puso a recovery

hmm ya if recovery is pooched and you cannot use adb to install another one... i think your only option is to use flashtool and install kdz again...

jas0nnn

Jul 6, 2012
thats what i tought.... right know im downloading the KDZ... but it is 2.1GB

i dont know if this isnt working because my laptop is on windows 8

I'm assuming you already finished the KDZ process. If you haven't and can boot into your ROM, you can ressurect TWRP via adb or the flashify app. I went through the same situation as you and could boot into my ROM.