[APP] z4root

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

bramvank

Dec 7, 2010
I used Z4root en after that I applied OCLF, it worked within minutes on my Galaxy S Froyo, great!
Thanks very much RyanZA.

stixdz

Dec 7, 2010
i unrooted to do the update for 2.2.1 build number FRG83D and then trid to root again and it no longer works. anyone else have this problem?

on droid 1

joseangelmadrid

Dec 5, 2010
Murcia
not available now on market. At least not for my JPB Froyo on European Samsung Galaxy S:(
the download link is rejected: not suitable for my system, it says

Last edited:

regans01

Dec 7, 2010
z4root

hi can anyone help me.i have a galaxy s & i cannot find z4root on my market place.
can anyone give me an alternative link?

thanks

zubadenzie

Dec 7, 2010
Help without retribution, please....

Well if you did read the first post you should know were to get it.
But i guess its to hard........

Sent from GT-I9000 jpo. My own kernel for z4mod and with 342MB Ram

I have read the first post, up to and past this quoted post... and have tried to download onto my LG Ally and got an error message telling me "cannot download. This content not supported on this phone"

so now what? I have seen ALOT of people getting onto other people for asking questions and not reading all 800+ posts. I thought forums were meant to be helpful. I don't think that hours of going through posts about what phones these programs will work on is going to help "This phone support this content". I appreciate any and all helpful comments, but am not a child that needs to be told to do my homework. My homework lead me to this forum in hopes of finding useful information.

If this is the place to get useful information, I'd love some. Thanks, and sorry to be a newbie.

slay24

Dec 24, 2009
I get the message Temporary root applied.... LG p500 but if i return to home screen and oben root explorer i am not root
whats the problem? do i have to root permentantly

zombie7

Dec 8, 2010
I haven't seen this issue yet: when I got to root, it shuts down the phone for the reboot but never comes back online. Motorola Cliq. And yes, I know what a waste this phone is. Thusly the root attempt.

nada_scurb

Mar 20, 2006
Root for Samsung Galaxy Tab (T-Mobile)

Worked perfectly for my Galaxy Tab (T-Mobile).

Mine also ran the exploit for a while. I ended the program, rebooted and ran it again. Was rooted in 20 seconds!!

Thanks Ryan!!

openallnight

Dec 4, 2010
Used to work on my Gtab. no longer works. I get message saying root applied but titanium backup says thats not the case. I uninstalled and reinstalled now I am stuck at "Running exploit... " screen.

any ideas?

dk206

Oct 8, 2010
London, United Kingdom
wow just reading top to bottom on this page alone....
so many ignorant noobs...*shudder*

READ THE FIRST DAMN POST **READ ALL OF IT** if you don't understand it READ AGAIN, if you still don't I suggest you aren't bright enough to mess with your mobile, and just leave it out altogether. YOU WILL SEE THE LINK

back to OT.

Thanks RynazA. You might already know this but both of your apps OCLF and this have been taken off the market. (at least in the UK -JPO ROMS)

thanks alot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Froyo is a bit of a pain to root! Well, this fixes that.

Credits

z4ziggy
    Sebastian Krahmer's rageagainstthecage

What this does

It is an app you install from the market or by side loading, that has a single button that will root your device.

How safe is this?

Should be 100% safe - nothing on disk is changed besides the root binaries, so if something goes wrong, simply rebooting the device should fix up any and all issues. Let me know if you find any bugs!

[size=+1]The new temporary root option works on 99% of available Android devices - no list yet of which specific devices are incompatible with the temporary root option - I am still trying to find out.[/size]

Here is the list so far of known compatible and incompatible devices for the permanent root option. I haven't actually tested these myself - I only have a Galaxy S device - but this list has been created by reports from users.

Compatible with [size=+2]PERMANENT[/size] root option

Samsung Galaxy S (All variants)
    Backflip
    Sony X10
    Xperia Mini
    Droid 2
    Galaxy Tab
    Galaxy I5700
    Galaxy 3 I5800
    Droid X
    Samsung Acclaim
    Cricket Huawei Ascend
    Motorola Cliq
    Huawei 8120
    Hero
    G1
    Optimus T
    Droid 1
    Garmin Asus A50
    Motorola Defy
    LG Ally
    Motorola Flipside
    Motorola Milestone 2
    Dell streak
    X10 Mini Pro
    Smartq v7 android 2.1

Incompatible with [size=+2]PERMANENT[/size] root option

Desire (requires nand unlock)
    Desire HD (requires nand unlock)
    Magic (unknown)
    Evo (requires nand unlock)
    G2 (requires nand unlock)
    Archos 70 (unknown)
    myTouch 3G (unknown)
    Wildfire
    Droid Incredible

z4rootscreenshot.png

Changelog

V1.0.0 : Initial Release
    V1.1.0 : Will now open the application settings page if USB debugging is not enabled.
    V1.2.0 : Unroot support, fix for devices with small max file size such as I5700, binaries in xbin rather than bin
    V1.2.1 : Back to /system/bin for support for some devices. Fix for QVGA devices.
    V1.2.2 : Adverts added (can be permanently disabled with menu option). Hopeful fix for devices such as Moment (Did not work).
    V1.3.0 : Force unroot option, temporary root option.

Market

This application is available directly from the market. Search for 'z4root'

Donations

If this app helps you out, you can donate here:
    https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webs...=PP-DonationsBF:btn_donateCC_LG.gif:NonHosted
    if it works i expect it will be blocked with the next android update as usual
    will test on my girlfriends i5800 as soon as it´s back from service, its there for pin request issue...
    Thanks !!!
    This is great news !!!