Bricket ATT Tab 3

Search This thread

dsavija2

Jan 24, 2012
Hello,

I rooted my device routed sm-t217a. I messed up my framework-res.apk in framework folder. I edited the apn file under xml and I had it put back on the device. I installed the apk by clicking on it. Now this tablet after it boots up shows "unfortunately the process com android phone has stopped". I have tried everything. I can not do anything on the tablet unless it is in recover mode. I tried all option under recovery. However no luck. Any help would be appreciated how I can fix this issue.

Samsung Tab 3 SM-T217A At&T

dsavija2

Jan 24, 2012
BRICKED***

hello,

i rooted my device routed sm-t217a. I messed up my framework-res.apk in framework folder. I edited the apn file under xml and i had it put back on the device. I installed the apk by clicking on it. Now this tablet after it boots up shows "unfortunately the process com android phone has stopped". I have tried everything. I can not do anything on the tablet unless it is in recover mode. I tried all option under recovery. However no luck. Any help would be appreciated how i can fix this issue.

Samsung tab 3 sm-t217a at&t

anyone??? Sorry for spelling error

jakmove

Nov 23, 2012
maybe

I'd would try tmobile or sprints firmware. i flashed tmobile to my t217s today and it worked. besides the modem flash and no signal. then i restored my backup thru twrp recovery after re-rooting. hopefully you backed up your rom in recovery. under t217s flash you can easily root your tab with kingo app. with tmobile you can flash sprints version of twrp & supersu through odin. good luck

dsavija2

Jan 24, 2012
I cant not connect to kies it wont successfully connect. Mtp driver fails to install. I tried 3 different computers and it wont install. Connecting my functional samsung s4 works. So for tab 3 my options seem be to in recovery mode either through adb or odin. But no one seems to have att version of rom. I dont have a back up version of my rom/firmware. Any other suggestions. If I run tmobile will the unit be functional? At least under tmobile? Any other suggestion?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

dsavija2

Jan 24, 2012
This might be stupid to ask, I have another same device. Can I backup that device and restore on this device, the one that is messed up?

Deeeno

Jan 6, 2014
I cant not connect to kies it wont successfully connect. Mtp driver fails to install. I tried 3 different computers and it wont install. Connecting my functional samsung s4 works. So for tab 3 my options seem be to in recovery mode either through adb or odin. But no one seems to have att version of rom. I dont have a back up version of my rom/firmware. Any other suggestions. If I run tmobile will the unit be functional? At least under tmobile? Any other suggestion?

Out of desperation getting my tab3 going again, and locked into just recovery mode I tried this workaround.

Try this at your own risk - Just something I did, and worked in my situation to get the phone to boot again.

I flashed Philz Touch Recovery, and it managed to get the Tabs life blood flowing again.

Here is a link to the thread - Good Luck - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2201860

P.S - I just used the md5 file I already had for my Galaxy S3, and got lucky - Since I didn't see Tab3 7" on his list.

Dumb Luck I Know :silly:

Last edited:

dsavija2

Jan 24, 2012
Out of desperation getting my tab3 going again, and locked into just recovery mode I tried this workaround.

Try this at your own risk - Just something I did, and worked in my situation to get the phone to boot again.

I flashed Philz Touch Recovery, and it managed to get the Tabs life blood flowing again.

Here is a link to the thread - Good Luck - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2201860

Thanks for the input. I don't see tab 3 on there (sm-t217a) or any sm-t217.

dsavija2

Jan 24, 2012
I have tried everything. I am lossing my mind on this. I am waiting on tmobile version firmware to download. Thats the only thing left I can do at this moment.

Deeeno

Jan 6, 2014
Thanks for the input. I don't see tab 3 on there (sm-t217a) or any sm-t217.

YA - I Know - Why I added the P.S that said:
I just used the md5 file I already had for my Galaxy S3, and got lucky - Since I didn't see Tab3 7" on his list.

I read somewhere on here about how to make a debrick.img file using another device which you mentioned you had, and the process of restoring that way.

But can't remember where I saw it or I would post a link - Keep us posted on how it goes with the T-Mobile file.

If you do get it to work on the tmobile go to wall mart and get an activation kit for $40 - Then it's $30 a month for unlimited data / text (up to 5gb at 4g - then the rest is in 2g for the month), and 100 min talk time.

Last edited:

bob60626

Feb 7, 2013
Chicago
I've had a few different phones on that plan (Exhibit 2, S2, two AT&T Note 1's) but the AT&T Tab 3 is a data only device. Since T-Mobile now has one also I'm doubtful that the AT&T Tab wouldn't come up as a data only device...
I actually want a T211 myself but I don't think I can give up LTE and 1700 hspa, a nicer camera, AND mhl (Note 2 on unlimited postpaid now).

Last edited:

Deeeno

Jan 6, 2014
Couldn't say in your case then ?

Tab 3 T-211 is actually a tab with phone and texting capabilities, not just data.

---------- Post added at 03:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:33 PM ----------

I actually want a T211 myself but I don't think I can give up LTE and 1700 hspa, a nicer camera, AND mhl.

To each their own - Why there's so many makes and models to choose from.

Take Care

dsavija2

Jan 24, 2012
This is with ODIN, I have tried different versions of ODIN.

<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> T217TUVUAML1_T217TTMBAML1_T217TUVUAML1_HOME.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/013> Odin v.3 engine (ID:13)..
<ID:0/013> File analysis..
<ID:0/013> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/013> Initialzation..
<ID:0/013> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/013> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/013> boot.img
<ID:0/013> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/013>
<ID:0/013> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

It fails on the the tab it says Boot Secure: FAIL

I tried with ADB as well it FAILS.

The file I am trying to install is T217TUVUAML1_T217TTMBAML1_T217TUVUAML1_HOME.tar.md5

I would not mind this on tmobile. I just need data to work and obviously apps.

dsavija2

Jan 24, 2012
I rooted my second tab 3, which are completed identical, with Kingo, but I am not having any luck installing WM/TWRP Recovery on them. It does not seem like it was built for these devices. Any input guys? My idea was to copy the backup to the tab 3 that is bricked.

Top Liked Posts