[ACS][Base Rom]Stock Rooted Odex & Deodex[Updated 10/15/11][Closer to Real Stock]

Search This thread

xlGmanlx

Jul 21, 2010
www.life360.com
haha, its so important to sprint/samsung that the US version of the most popular Android phone to date is having signal issues that here it is a month later and still nothing... not even a real peep from Sprint/Samsung over anything. The only real community that is affected is the aftermarket/root. Fact is, LOS is nearly non-existent on stock, heck HTC's security backdoor issue has come up and already seen a patch being deployed and still nothing about an expectation or even publication about an imminent fix. Even for informed users like yourself you have to wonder what is the hold up for announcing a fix to this "widespread" issue. My point is this, don't try and play off LOS as some wide spread issue that the tech community is up in arms about IE iphone 4, its a blip on the radar to those self inflicted users.

Reactions: naerok

AbsolutZeroGI

Oct 28, 2010
C-Bus
haha, its so important to sprint/samsung that the US version of the most popular Android phone to date is having signal issues that here it is a month later and still nothing... not even a real peep from Sprint/Samsung over anything. The only real community that is affected is the aftermarket/root. Fact is, LOS is nearly non-existent on stock, heck HTC's security backdoor issue has come up and already seen a patch being deployed and still nothing about an expectation or even publication about an imminent fix. Even for informed users like yourself you have to wonder what is the hold up for announcing a fix to this "widespread" issue. My point is this, don't try and play off LOS as some wide spread issue that the tech community is up in arms about IE iphone 4, its a blip on the radar to those self inflicted users.

Seriously, go talk about it somewhere else. This is a rom thread, not an LOS thread. It's an official issue, it happens to people unrooted, therefore it's a problem that everyone could potentially have. Use logic and quit trolling my rom thread please. I need this space to help anyone having trouble with my wares.

xlGmanlx

Jul 21, 2010
www.life360.com
i'm sorry you think an opposing view is considered trolling. I apologize for attempting to have an open discussion about FUD that is being passed along, apparently that has no place in this thread.

JohnCorleone

Dec 19, 2010
Whittier,CA
i'm sorry you think an opposing view is considered trolling. I apologize for attempting to have an open discussion about FUD that is being passed along, apparently that has no place in this thread.

What kernel are you using? Same question to Absolut because if I go from a kernel with CWM back to pulled stock it makes my 4g not connect so I am forced to choose between stock wCWM5 and strongsteve's great odex theme or my Ninjamorph version with pulled stock kernel....pissing me off. Tested 10 times. Happens every time kernel w/ CWM to pulled stock equals Borked 4g

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

Last edited:

xlGmanlx

Jul 21, 2010
www.life360.com
I have been using the first posted stock packed with cwm 5,haven't had any issues
What kernel are you using? Same question to Absolut because if I go from a kernel with CWM back to pulled stock it makes my 4g not connect so I am forced to choose between stock wCWM5 and strongsteve's great odex theme or my Ninjamorph version with pulled stock kernel....pissing me off. Tested 10 times. Happens every time kernel w/ CWM to pulled stock equals Borked 4g

Reactions: JohnCorleone

AbsolutZeroGI

Oct 28, 2010
C-Bus

This isn't a discussion thread in the discussion forum. This is a rom thread in the development forum. This is not the place to be having discussions about LOS. Go to the general section (you know, where discussions take place) and have a discussion there.

Troll (slang) = someone who posts inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[3] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[4]

This thread is about the rom, not LOS. Therefore, you're trolling. Stop it.

AbsolutZeroGI

Oct 28, 2010
C-Bus

I'm using chris41g's lostkernel (with the deodex w/o the noCIQ mod). I've flashed back to pure stock twice to help test root methods but I've never had a problem with the 4g before so this is very alarming.

JohnCorleone, who's pulled stock are you using? I think there's a couple floating around here.

Also, something to try, maybe flashing a different kernel (like chris41g's lost) and then flashing pulled stock from there.

If more people start having this issue, i might take these down and use a different pulled stock w/cwm5

asteetva

Sep 16, 2011
Plano,TX
same case with me

It happened to me too I went stock and then flashed CWM and 4G was fine. Flashed pulled Kernel and 4G broke. Now I am trying to go back but don't recall which CWM I flashed, I will try the ones available and see if helps.

AbsolutZeroGI

Oct 28, 2010
C-Bus
It happened to me too I went stock and then flashed CWM and 4G was fine. Flashed pulled Kernel and 4G broke. Now I am trying to go back but don't recall which CWM I flashed, I will try the ones available and see if helps.

I use bubby's stock pulled w/cwm5 (the latest version he posted). It has occurred to me that since bubby doesn't really dev for us anymore that i'll switch over to chris41g's stock pull (or a similar stock pull) with cwm 5.

I might do it anyway to fix this problem. Thanks for bringing this to my attention. If you go from this rom's kernel to lostkernel, then this problem doesn't happen (my 4g works just fine and that's what i'm running). So if you guys can't come up with a workaround or fix, you might just wanna stay on this one or use lostkernel for the time being.

I'm in the middle of a death in the family, so I haven't had time to do any work on anything. Sorry about that.

xlGmanlx

Jul 21, 2010
www.life360.com
Incorrectly blaming los when users are obviously reporting issues is the point. Which is obviously on topic. The last thing that needs to be done is falsely accuse outside factors of this rom the culprit. LOS on stock is obviously flawed and needs to be accounted for.

strongsteve

Inactive Recognized Themer
Apr 1, 2008
Dallas, TX
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra

Hey.. I repackaged mine with a pulled stock kernel: )

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

wings9130

Jun 14, 2010
Is Samsung every going to release an update for this LOS issue? It's getting pretty ridiculous and i can't stand the battery drains after reboots. I lost almost 30% yesterday rebooting after an LOS.

xlGmanlx

Jul 21, 2010
www.life360.com
The problem is that source doesn't reflect the stock rom that shipped with the phone. There are reports of internal roms being worked at sprint, I would assume los or source will be updated accordingly.
Is Samsung every going to release an update for this LOS issue? It's getting pretty ridiculous and i can't stand the battery drains after reboots. I lost almost 30% yesterday rebooting after an LOS.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome!
    Hello, these roms were made in order for people to have recovery-flashable zips of stock roms (not having to rely on tars and Odin). These roms are compiled from Odex and Deodex system dumps and have no other mods besides root, busybox and recovery.

***Disclaimer***
    I am not responsible for any damage, be it mental, physical, mechanical, etc caused by the flashing of this rom. If you flash it, you do so at your own risk. Glad we could get that out of the way :)

If any developers want to use these as a base rom, there is no need to ask. Just grab em and go. I made these for themers and other rom developers who don't usually work at making the rom itself, but taking what's there and making it better. I hope it helps out!

First the shout outs:
    CNZ (RoadRAGEN) - Updater Script, Odex & Deodex Dump
    ptfdmedic - Deodex System Dump
    bubby323 and chris41g - for use of kernels and general help.
    k0nane - noCIQ mod.
    thefredelment, phantomfreak53, darren.wsln1 and lballer59 - Help identifying issues.
    And of course the Testers:
    henbone11(WR47HANZ), COMEDY, lovinlissa1984, geraldweb, lballer59 and banksj174

The Goods:
    Okay, the goods:
    EG30 Stock Deodex with root, recovery, busybox WITH No CIQ
    EG30 Stock Deodex with root, recovery, busybox WITHOUT the No CIQ mod
    EG30 Stock Odex with root, recovery and busybox

The Download links:
    Download links can be found here at the ACS Forums!
    (Download links to prior versions are in post 2 over there)

Changelog and Features
    Version 1 and 2 changelogs in the 2nd post

Changelog
    Re-added bubby323's kernel so it is a pure stock rom with ONLY clockwork 5 recovery (no additional features) (all 3 roms)
    Removed all non-stock apks and replaced all missing stock apks (only required for the deodex roms)
    [/LIST]

Features
    Android Version 2.3.4
    Kernel Build: bubby323's stock with cwm 5
    Rooted with SU v3.0 with fully updated binaries(thanks to cnz(RoadRAGEN))
    busbox latest version(thanks to cnz(RoadRAGEN)
    ClockworkMod Reocvery version v5.x (thanks to bubby323's kernel)
    No-CIQ mod (one of the deodex roms only)(thanks to k0nane)
    All stock apps/widgets included (I have removed nothing that came stock)

Pick Which SD Card You Want Recovery to Read
    For now, the recovery on the kernels in these roms tells CWM to read from the internal memory card. If you want it to read from the external memory card go here and download the "Latest Compiled Version". Flash in Odin and CWM will work with the external sd card. These roms run the link under "Older releases".

Installation Instructions
    For those who just wanna use it as their daily drivers, here's the installation instructions:
    ALWAYS MAKE A NANDROID BEFORE YOU FLASH ANYTHING!!!!! <-----Words to flash by.
    1. Download rom, put it on your phone.
    2. Boot into recovery.
    3. FULL WIPE IS REQUIRED. Data AND cache AND dalvik.
    3.5 Go back and make sure step 3 has been completed :p
    4. Flash rom.
    5. reboot and enjoy :)
    **Warning**
    The flash process and first boot takes a minute. Be patient, it will work!

Known Issues
    Okay, for whatever reason, the deodex w/NoCIQ just will not install the MyFiles.apk. This doesn't sound significant. However, without it, the contacts app will Force Close when you attempt to assign a custom ringtone to a contact. There are two workarounds:
    1. Get a different file manager, navigate to the sound and manually assign it to a contact.
    2. Find the apk (it's in every flashable rom) and install it onto your phone manually.

I will attempt to fix it once an update comes out and I'm forced to play with these roms again. Until then, the workaround works just as well. (thanks lballer59 for finding the problem).
    Downloads for older versions found In the 2nd post on this thread

Changelog 10/04/11
    Version 1's changelog is in the 2nd post.

Deodex WITH No-CIQ changelog:
    Restored the following missing apps:
    EmailWidget.apk added
    LiveWallpapers.apk added
    PicoTts.apk added
    SamsungWidget_News.apk added
    SamsungWidget_WeatherClock.apk added
    SecretWallpaper1.apk
    SecretWallpaper2.apk
    ShareApp.apk
    Swype.apk
    Tasks.apk
    Added k0nane's NO-CIQ mod
    Orange Overscroll Glow (result of the NoCIQ mod)
    Added Chris41g's kernel found here

Deodex WITHOUT NO-CIQ mod
    Restored the following apks:
    EmailWidget.apk added
    LiveWallpapers.apk added
    PicoTts.apk added
    SamsungWidget_News.apk added
    SamsungWidget_WeatherClock.apk added
    SecretWallpaper1.apk
    SecretWallpaper2.apk
    ShareApp.apk
    Swype.apk
    Tasks.apk

Odex changelog:

Changelog 10/1/2011
    Roms were compiled from odex and deodex system dumps
    Modified cnz's updater script to fit these roms
    Inserted Bubby's Stock Kernel zImage w/ ClockworkMod 4.x
    HUGE update for you guys :)

I hope you like it!
    Thank you for this! I am getting my Epic 4G Touch this weekend and this makes it much easier to start working on the ROM ahead of time :)
    This kernel has the LOS issue. Ran 7 days without an issue on stock then went to this and LOS 3 times now in less then 24 hours!

its stock so dont start that bs in this thread too, you guys (and its most guys with 10 posts) just never read or search you just blame **** on these developers and never think it could be samsungs/sprints issue but it is and they admit it.